Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 4905447 times)

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  Mike I like your way of looking at this.  We may be missing all of the snow you all are getting today.  I will shovel the deck and plow up the last few days snows today.  I have put it off for a few days already.  It is -8 here.  So not as bad as it has been.  We will probably have pear and apple trees growing all over the place in the spring.  We got one of those boxes of fruit from the 4H kids.  Oranges, pears, and apples.  I put the oranges in the frig the other day.  We left the pears and apples on the table to ripen some.  SO I went to that retirement luncheon and the wife had a Christmas party at noon at work so the critters were home alone.  Cooper used to be so good about that.  Remember he got the loaf of bread and the dinner rolls off of the counter and him and Buddy ate every one of them?  Well when the wife got home from work last night she asked if I put the 6 or 7 pears that were left in the frig?  I didn't.  So where did they go?  lol  You guess.  There were 3 apples and 1 pear left in the middle of the kitchen table.   Well this morning they are all gone.  Not a molecule of evidence anywhere.   I asked Cooper as I tapped the table where the apples went.  Both he and Buddy put their heads down and hid by the wife.  ???   I tried to blame it on Bob.  Maybe she pushed them off and then poor Cooper and Buddy ate them.  LOL   NO I know that Cooper got them down and Buddy joined in.  SO they are pooping out seeds all over outside to create our orchard.  Cooper barked real loud about 3am to go outside and I trotted for the door to let them out so they didn't have an accident inside.  I will look for evidence outside today.  SO that is a total of about 7 pears and 3 or 4 apples since noon yesterday. 

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Cooper is on my lap now and he has the hiccups.  I wonder why???

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
wait till he farts!!!   :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
Don't trust his farts!

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
When he looks at the door to go out I trot to the door. 

Online Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Kids made it in from Denver.  They had 20 hours in the car.  They made some good moves, missing the worst of it, coming north through Sioux City, IA instead of going thru Des Moines, which is still socked in.

They got to Albert Lea at 4AM, but needed to take a break.  They pulled into the house a little after 8AM.  Glad they got here before the winds kicked up.

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Yesterday's airport run wasn't too bad. Roads were mostly clear until close to airport. A fair bit of snow blown up by fast moving cars and trucks but overall better than expected. We arrive about the same time she landed so I went up to the Departure level. There was a line on the right side of the ramp apparently waiting for arriving passengers, so I just sat there for a while. No one came by to shoo us away. Also, not many cars on the departure level. Drive home was just fine until Maple grove where a sudden snow squall restricted visibility for a while.

***I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.***

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' comrades! -10 at choretime heading for a high in the mid-single digits below zero. Made breakfast & got my Range War soup started. Looks like we got ~ 3" of new snow to go along with the 8+" already out here. Wind has come up some but other than some ground drifting here & there it's not bad presently other than the air has a real bite to it. The sheep weren't real jazzed about coming out of the lambing barn this a.m. Can't blame them. They were in out of the wind, lying on a fresh bed of straw chewing their cuds at 7 a.m. I see now they've come out and are grinding on their round bales so there may be some heavier duty wind coming as forecast. Those erect ears on a Cheviot don't lie. They have plenty of wool right now but if they can get out of the wind they will. Just glad I don't have to get screenings out of the wagon in the middle of the yard tonite. I don't need erect ears to tell me that sucks.  🤔
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
I'd say we got about 3" here & all the city streets were plowed by 9 when I left for the clinic.  :happy1: Even heard 'em going down our alley just as I was putting my coat on.  :cool:
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
That's crazy lps, it makes ya wonder about the innocent kitty , she just might of set the pooches up..

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
I missed the fruit eating dogs mentioned earlier. That's a first. Bizarre. At least they shouldn't get bound up.  :doah:

Hearing reports from people out that direction that 1-90 will be closing at the SD border as of 5 p.m. Wind speed is picking up (sustained at 25 mph w/gusts over 30) as is the amount of snow suspended in the atmosphere. Visibility down to 1/2 mile. I see they've cranked our forecast peak wind gusts back up to 50 mph again for tomorrow & tomorrow night. Next 24 hours could be interesting. Wish that gin transport would show up... :scratch:
« Last Edit: December 12/22/22, 02:28:42 PM by Dotch »
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
That's crazy lps, it makes ya wonder about the innocent kitty , she just might of set the pooches up..

It makes me wonder if she pushed one off the table and then the fun began.  ???

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Wind is getting stronger. Sustained 29 mph gusting to 32 at Albert's Leaf & 25 gusting to 36 at Waseca a few minutes ago. I'm sure it's 60, calm, and sunny at roony's tho. The wrens like it warm. :cool: Sheep just said screw it here and ran into the barn. I changed the furnace filter this afternoon. Looks suspiciously like there's Corgi hair in it... :scratch:

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
blowing good here this afternoon too...

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
Morning boys.  Mike I like your way of looking at this.  We may be missing all of the snow you all are getting today.  I will shovel the deck and plow up the last few days snows today.  I have put it off for a few days already.  It is -8 here.  So not as bad as it has been.  We will probably have pear and apple trees growing all over the place in the spring.  We got one of those boxes of fruit from the 4H kids.  Oranges, pears, and apples.  I put the oranges in the frig the other day.  We left the pears and apples on the table to ripen some.  SO I went to that retirement luncheon and the wife had a Christmas party at noon at work so the critters were home alone.  Cooper used to be so good about that.  Remember he got the loaf of bread and the dinner rolls off of the counter and him and Buddy ate every one of them?  Well when the wife got home from work last night she asked if I put the 6 or 7 pears that were left in the frig?  I didn't.  So where did they go?  lol  You guess.  There were 3 apples and 1 pear left in the middle of the kitchen table.   Well this morning they are all gone.  Not a molecule of evidence anywhere.   I asked Cooper as I tapped the table where the apples went.  Both he and Buddy put their heads down and hid by the wife.  ???   I tried to blame it on Bob.  Maybe she pushed them off and then poor Cooper and Buddy ate them.  LOL   NO I know that Cooper got them down and Buddy joined in.  SO they are pooping out seeds all over outside to create our orchard.  Cooper barked real loud about 3am to go outside and I trotted for the door to let them out so they didn't have an accident inside.  I will look for evidence outside today.  SO that is a total of about 7 pears and 3 or 4 apples since noon yesterday.
:happy1: :happy1: welcome to my world!!!!!!!!!!

afternoon fellers........... busy day. Teals gave us all a certificate for either a 10-12 lb ham or turkey...........momma says ham.

so, my friggin snowblower didnt start.....so i shoveled the driveway!!!!!!!!!! :doah: piece of sh!t  snowblower>> :banghead: training-087 has it running wit hall that really wet soggy stuff!!!!!!!!!!1 :scratch: then went up and cleaned up moms place. could tell the wind was slowly cranking up.

anyone hear anything about the weather terrorists talking about no travel advised tomorrow??? i quite frankly gave up listening to them over blow these forecasts!!!!!!!! :confused: :crazy: :doofus:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
I missed the fruit eating dogs mentioned earlier. That's a first. Bizarre. At least they shouldn't get bound up.  :doah:

Hearing reports from people out that direction that 1-90 will be closing at the SD border as of 5 p.m. Wind speed is picking up (sustained at 25 mph w/gusts over 30) as is the amount of snow suspended in the atmosphere. Visibility down to 1/2 mile. I see they've cranked our forecast peak wind gusts back up to 50 mph again for tomorrow & tomorrow night. Next 24 hours could be interesting. Wish that gin transport would show up... :scratch:

I'll bet 94 will close too at ND

https://bringmethenews.com/minnesota-weather/nws-expects-roads-to-drift-shut-as-blizzard-hits-minnesota
« Last Edit: December 12/22/22, 04:51:33 PM by mike89 »

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
They let us out early today ( oh joy) but the roads even 35 had a pretty good shine to it. I can see the 2 lane blacktop  in tge rural areas being a big problem with the winds. Fired up both snow chuckers after lunch,  did my driveway then did 2 neighbors with the big one then bounced the little guy down to do the dance floor. I musta been over dressed,  even at -9 I worked up a sweat. 2 weeks I have shoulder surgery then it's all up to momma, good thing I'll be home to sit inside looking out..lol.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Shoulder surgery??🙄 :doah: :scratch: setting the hook on to many sheep heads??😒 :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

The roads in town are packed down, glazed over good and as slick as an ice rink!
« Last Edit: December 12/22/22, 05:16:17 PM by glenn57 »

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Good man on helping others Bobb.  I have had two surgeries on both shoulders over the years and they all went perfectly.  My surgeon said if you follow my directions for rehabilitating I have over 90% success rate.  That is on the torn rotator cuffs.  I didn't push it so take care of myself and turned out great!  Had impingement on each a few years apart and then the ol torn rotator cuffs.  One he did orthoscopically and the other one was so bad that he had to do a full open which means you cut meat all of the way down to find the tendon... The ortho one was a breeze.  He came out and told me, now I am serious even though it won't be nearly as painful you follow my directions and don't overdo it.  Dr. Caron in Bemidji.  My Dr. said even if he moved to the east coast he would fly back here and have Dr Caron do any structural surgeries.  Sanford in Bemidji

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
SO Ken how was Red Lake with your buddies?

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
good question!!!  well Ken?? 

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
The tractor fired up good at 10am with the temp at -8 here....I got the battle gear on, fully clothed even with a balaclava...... and still got a little bit of frost bite on one finger.  Oh well, the drive is plowed.

We'll see after the blow storm, if I gotta plow again?
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Looks like someone needs some good choppers (leather lined mittens) for Christmas.  AND ouch HD!!!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  :scratch: :doah: none of those hand warmers?? :crazy: :confused: :crazy: :doofus:

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Wool lined choppers for this guy!! :happy1:
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
ouch been there done that, I know have good mittens/choppers and a pair of heated gloves...  they are great too... 

Online fishwidow

• Master Outdoorsman
Be careful out there. In high school I had a friend who would not mess up his hair with a hat   He got severe frostbite on his ears. They turned black and got swollen up to twice their normal size. There were no creases like a normal ear has—they just became flat like shallow saucers. His ear size never did return all the way back to normal. Oh well, he had nicely groomed hair. Not that anyone noticed that. They were all staring at his huge black misshapen ears.
« Last Edit: December 12/22/22, 07:01:26 PM by fishwidow »

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
Be careful out there. In high school I had a friend who would not mess up his hair with a hat   He got severe frostbite on his ears. They turned black and got swollen up to twice their normal size. There were no creases like a normal ear has—they just became flat like shallow saucers. His ear size never did return all the way back to normal. Oh well, he had nicely groomed hair. Not that anyone noticed that. They were all staring at his huge black misshapen ears.

ouch wonder if he wears a hat yet!!!   most likely not!!!   :rotflmao: :rotflmao: