Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Best Back Strap Ever!  (Read 2654 times)

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Offline ThunderLund78

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Looks like a winner for sure, HD!  I have one tenderloin left from last year in a vac pack.  Not a backstrap, but I bet I can get it to work.  Thanks for sharing!

Offline Reinhard

• Master Outdoorsman
That does look good.  I form more of a pocket than a complete butterfly.  By doing this you have less leakage at the ends.  Same as I do if I stuff a pork chop or pork tenderloin.  Just butterfly like the guy did but leave it solid at the ends about an inch or so.  I still work my knife within that inch also.  good luck.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Yup that looks great.  We are grilling pork chops tonight.  I may try to stuff them with cream cheese, onions, and mushrooms.  Never tried it before. 

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
CRIPES.....................he ruins a completely good backstrap just like boar!!!!!!!!!!!!! :censored: :doah: :doah:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
what is that cranberry stuff he uses. what did he call it again.  Oh yeah It was cram berry as in cram your berrys glenn. lol!
2019 GRAND MASTER BUCK CHAMPION!!
2021 ICE FISHING MASTER CHAMPION
78.50"

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
 ;) ;)love ya man!! :moon: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
Back at ya bro!!
2019 GRAND MASTER BUCK CHAMPION!!
2021 ICE FISHING MASTER CHAMPION
78.50"

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
My chops were too thin to do the stuffing thing.  Darn.  I need to buy some thick ones next time to try this.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I was in a fishing tourney with a bunch friends at West Bend on the Missouri near Chamberlain a few years ago.  One of the guys is a heck of a cook.  He had a huge pork loin.  He sliced it open like a sub bun.  He stiffed it with onions, olives  (I think black ones) mushrooms, butter etc.  Then he tied it shut and put it on the grill.  I remember it was great!