Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: What's on the stove, oven, or crockpot today?  (Read 1489162 times)

Offline Reinhard

• Master Outdoorsman
Not the full German Gumbo I make but some of it.  Pork steaks, and my German Kraut that I make.  This is even diet friendly.  Full flavor for sure.  Normally my polish, potatoes, and smoked ham hocks go in there also.  good luck.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
I'm bach'in it tonight.....can I stop by for dinner.... I'll bring the 🍺....

:happy1:
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Awesome Rh,  ya after I finish tgis beef roast in the crotch pot I'll make my way up yonder!!

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
I'm heading there tooooooo!!!!  my lord!!!!!
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
Buddy of mine has part of a crock of Kraut left from last year that he needs to get rid of, to make this year's kraut.... Got a good cabbage crop ready to go. 

Says giving away kraut is getting to be like giving away zucchini... :pouty:

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
good music Rebster!!!!  Del just go get the kraut and share!!!!!  don't waste it!!!!!!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Pack it in those tamales. Cover in green chile and jalapeno slices. Or plop it on top of a bowl of menudo. Have it in the morning with yer heuvos rancheros. That oughtta rev ya up for the day. Remember to share. ;) 

« Last Edit: October 10/13/17, 07:18:03 PM by Rebel SS »

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
Sauerkraut Tamales?   Talk about fusion cuisine.   But sorry not for me.   Not a big fan of kraut.   Not much on sour stuff at all.   

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Sauerkraut rueben pizza. Pretty danged good, actually.  :tongue:

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
I like a good sour kraut.... problem is, most of the ones you get from the store taste like crap. Grandma used to make a hell of a good one...but, it was never written down and she passed away.  :pouty:
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
I've heard guys say this brand is really good.....I dunno, I use Franks when I do it. Not a big kraut fan.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Silver-Floss-Barrel-Cured-Shredded-Sauerkraut-16-0-OZ/10295211

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
I've heard guys say this brand is really good.....I dunno, I use Franks when I do it. Not a big kraut fan.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Silver-Floss-Barrel-Cured-Shredded-Sauerkraut-16-0-OZ/10295211
there's nuttin good at Walmart. :taz: :taz: :fishing: :taz: :confused: :rotflmao:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Wild rice soup with the best bologna on the planet. From plantenbergs in Richmond!!and deres carrots in there Reb  :happy1:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Dat's what I made yday.... with carrots in it!!!   I added some snipped chives too!  Looks  a lot like mine..... :scratch: :azn:

« Last Edit: October 10/15/17, 08:39:30 AM by Rebel SS »

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman

there's nuttin good at Walmart. :taz: :taz: :fishing: :taz: :confused: :rotflmao:

All they would have to do is throw a little money at the afl-cio and you would love them like a brother...

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
I always figgered people work there because they want to. No ones forcing 'em to. My buddy does, part time, as a stocker, and says he has no complaints at all about the way he's treated or their compensation.  Whatever works for ya. :scratch:
« Last Edit: October 10/15/17, 01:33:43 PM by Rebel SS »

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

All they would have to do is throw a little money at the afl-cio and you would love them like a brother...
yea I don't think so Del. Our trade does not see real eye to eye with them. Maybe it's the tree hugger within that group.

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Chicky quarters smomed over apple wood and brushed with Italian dressing.  Mac'n pea salad, spring salad, and a few veggies. 'Maters didn't make it into the pic.  :tongue:

« Last Edit: October 10/18/17, 05:44:35 PM by Rebel SS »

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman

yea I don't think so Del. Our trade does not see real eye to eye with them. Maybe it's the tree hugger within that group.

This guy?   :scratch: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
That's an " awesome "looking meal reb!!  Not much this away,  grilled cheese and bacon on Texas toast wit tomater soup... just like you I'm full and need some couch!!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Thanks, boober! Figgered I'd enjoy the next two days before the cold stuff is supposed to hit and stick around. Gonna clear the deck and put all the furniture and stuff away for the winter Friday nite.  Cheeseburglars tomorrow, and Friday's gonna be left open in case I get a wild hair. (Hare)

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Winter??? Putting stuff away?? I usually wait til Turkey weekend for that. If it wasn't for blowing snow off the dance floor (patio) i would keep it all up and running.  I ain't ready for dat.

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
Winter??? Putting stuff away?? I usually wait til Turkey weekend for that. If it wasn't for blowing snow off the dance floor (patio) i would keep it all up and running.  I ain't ready for dat.

my grill is year round, not in bad weather, but I love to use it!!!

just set in in front of the garage, like when it's raining...

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman

Me either. The grills stay put on the deck and keep going year round..but the furniture gets put away while I can get help to do it, since I can no longer do it by myself. I don't need a deck table, chaise, and chairs to sit my ass on in the winter, I stand or go inside and wait for it to get cooked. When ya have to depend on others to do what you no longer can, ya don't want to get caught short.
« Last Edit: October 10/18/17, 08:39:06 PM by Rebel SS »

Offline Coffee118

• Master Outdoorsman
My, I don't feel like cooking, chicken pot pie. 1 can cream of chicken and cream of mushroom soup, 1 bag frozen veggies, 1 rotisserie chicken deboned and diced, cooked wild rice, frozen pie crusts, spices, throw all together and bake. Takes about 20 minutes to whip together and an hour to bake while u sit on your ass and nap. Tip... set the alarm loud enough to wake yourself up so it doesn't burn. I speak from experience

if you kick me when I'm down you better pray I don't get up.

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
 :rotflmao:       Sounds great, coffee!  :happy1:

Cheeseburglars and beans for me.

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Super thick apple-cider soaked pigger chop, baked tater with sour cream, peas and pearl onyums....*urp*burp*  :tongue: