Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Plastic liners  (Read 4198 times)

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
OK got a question! Recently in a few threads I see you guys using these plastic liners in crock pots. My wife use them when doing a turkey or ham in the oven. Personally I don't like them. I also try not to microwave food in plastic containers like Tupperware and Rubbermaid type stuff because of concern's of health issues due to heating up.

No concerns, any thoughts!
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline lovebigbluegills

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Don't put them over yer little blue muffin head!!! :moon: :moon: :moon:

Offline The General

• MNO Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Smackdown King
No concerns here if you get the food grade ones. 
Eastwood v. Wayne Challenge Winner 2011

The Boogie Man may check his closet for John Wayne but John Wayne checks under his bed for Clint Eastwood

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
i usually see people doing that at buffete gatherings, and people poke thru them any way anf yas still have to wash them.
2019 GRAND MASTER BUCK CHAMPION!!
2021 ICE FISHING MASTER CHAMPION
78.50"

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's
Don't put them over yer little blue muffin head!!! :moon: :moon: :moon:

You made a grammatical error. You shouldn't have the word don't there.

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
gotaus reverse physycology on  glenn, do is dont and dont is do
2019 GRAND MASTER BUCK CHAMPION!!
2021 ICE FISHING MASTER CHAMPION
78.50"

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
If ya bag his head, will he turn blue?!   :rotflmao:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
 :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: training-087 training-087 :doah: :doah: :offtopic: :offtopic: :offtopic: :offtopic: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: sheez ya ask a legit question and da peanut gallery chimes in!!!!!!! except for G!!!!!!!!!!! thanks G!!!!!!!!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: training-087 training-087 :doah: :doah: :offtopic: :offtopic: :offtopic: :offtopic: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: sheez ya ask a legit question and da peanut gallery chimes in!!!!!!! except for G!!!!!!!!!!! thanks G!!!!!!!!

Well, what did ya expect??!! The place is fulla nuts!!!  :bonk:

Offline lovebigbluegills

• Xtreme Outdoorsman

Lol, you're welcome!!!! I've never used those bags myself. My dad used to use them in the oven once in a while, but that's the only time I've seen them used in person. Is that a better answer??  :scratch: :scratch: :moon:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
I've used 'em in my crock pot for years. Sometimes they leak; sometimes they don't. Definitely an easier clean out, though. Lift out and tie top shut, throw in garbage. I never throw that kinda stuff down the drain. Too much grease. Howz that, munchkin?  :scratch:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
yepper......thanky.............i knew you 2 clowns would come around before i had to drop da hammer!!!!!!!!!! :coffee: :moon: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
See lbbg? There's that squeaking noise I was tellin' ya about.... :scratch:

Offline lovebigbluegills

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
And it smells like KATCHUP!!!!!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Maybe we better bag it up!!!!! 

Offline lovebigbluegills

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Way to keep it on topic!!!!  :happy1: :happy1: :happy1:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Thanky! We certainly must avoid diverging from the intended primary target subject of the aforementioned stated thread!  :party1:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
 :censored: :censored: :doah: :doah: training-087 training-087 :banghead: :banghead: awe GAWD............... why do i even try!!!!!!!! why me!!!!!!:cry: :cry: :cry: :scratch: :scratch: sure is hard to fly with eagles when your around a bunch of big ole  :Turkey: :Turkey: :Turkey: :Turkey: :Turkey:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Did you hear what lbbg just said to ya??!!   " :moon:"          :rotflmao:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
I've used 'em in my crock pot for years. Sometimes they leak; sometimes they don't. Definitely an easier clean out, though. Lift out and tie top shut, throw in garbage. I never throw that kinda stuff down the drain. Too much grease. Howz that, munchkin?  :scratch:

never  thought about using those bags but this is a good reason to start.
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline Reinhard

• Master Outdoorsman
I like using them at deer camp.  No mess with heating stuff up.  But I use the vac bags that you use to freeze stuff.  They also are great for heating up meals.  So the crock pot bags would be a good idea yet I havent used them.  Maybe I should, easy clean up like Reb said.  good lucik.

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
I have used those before, but was not impressed with cooking with them. It was suppose to help keep the moisture in the meat. I tried this with Pheasant, and it didn't make a difference. Clean up was was great, but that was it.
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Offline ray634

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
We used one the other day for chili. Brown the meat in the fry pan like usual then throw all the stuff in the bag in the cooker. Worked great as we had to transport it and with the elastic on top we just folded it up over the lid and no spills. Clean up is what ever happens to spill over or out of the bag, not the burned on mess like usual.

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
Ah, oven bags.  I remember when those came out.   Yes, I am that old.   

If I wanted a bunch of steamed food I would steam my food.   And I just soak the crockpot liner for a while and throw it in the dishwasher.  No problem.   

But, if it tastes good do it. 

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
I thought the OP was asking about crock pot liners...I've never used an oven bag before.  :scratch: My cook buddy says they're great for keeping roasts from drying out in the oven.

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
I thought the OP was asking about crock pot liners...I've never used an oven bag before.  :scratch: My cook buddy says they're great for keeping roasts from drying out in the oven.

Too dangerous to reply with my opinion.