Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Arctic Cat Bought  (Read 7954 times)

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
Defense contractor buying snowmobile-maker Arctic Cat in $247M deal

MINNEAPOLIS — The defense contractor Textron is buying the snowmobile maker Arctic Cat in a deal valued at about $247 million.

Textron said Wednesday that it will pay $18.50 per Arctic Cat share, a 41 percent premium to its Tuesday closing price. The transaction also includes debt, though no exact figure was provided.

Arctic Cat Inc. will be folded into Textron’s specialized vehicles business, but the brand, as well as its manufacturing, distribution and operational facilities, will be maintained. The Minneapolis company employs around 1,600 people.

Arctic Cat CEO Christopher Metz said the tie up will benefit customers, dealers and employees.

Arctic Cat’s board has unanimously approved the deal, and shares spiked 40 percent before the opening bell.

Textron Inc. is based in Providence, Rhode Island.
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
 i think its a good thing, hopes.around here are for.change and that textron can bring aroun d the joke of assembly plant in theif river falls, sounds like they will closing out sleds to a very minimum.and concentrating on atvs.
2019 GRAND MASTER BUCK CHAMPION!!
2021 ICE FISHING MASTER CHAMPION
78.50"

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
Arctic Cat was slowly on a rebound bringing their product back from being produced in Mexico returning production to the United States. The product standards however, were very "loose" in specifications.
I have first hand knowledge with them and this sale is hurting the manufacturing district. I could be wrong, that they will turn this around, but hope they do....so, I remain optimistic.
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
i think its a good thing, hopes.around here are for.change and that textron can bring aroun d the joke of assembly plant in theif river falls, sounds like they will closing out sleds to a very minimum.and concentrating on atvs.

Really? They are going to stop making sleds? That is to bad if they do. I like my cats.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
no i said its sounds like. so many rumors floating around. so i shouldnt add to it. im sure they keep it up, but to what extent, how can a mrket like snow mobile continue to oump out sleds that cost 10 grand and only be run a month a year be profitable. ghe mqrket is saturated with used sleds, carry overs ect. the future is atvs. my 2 cents.
78.50"

Online Leech~~

• Master Outdoorsman
Arctic Cat was slowly on a rebound bringing their product back from being produced in Mexico returning production to the United States. The product standards however, were very "loose" in specifications.
I have first hand knowledge with them and this sale is hurting the manufacturing district. I could be wrong, that they will turn this around, but hope they do....so, I remain optimistic.

We need to call Trump Now and get him working on this!  :mad1:
Cooking over a open fire is all fun and games until someone losses a wiener!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's
Kinda reminds me of in the 90's when OMC went *poof* and Evinrude and Suzuki and Bombardier were all changing around.....

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
same as when Harley sold out in 1970? to the bowling alley people, Brunswick, I think.  until it was bought back by Willy it went down hard. 
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online Leech~~

• Master Outdoorsman
same as when Harley sold out in 1970? to the bowling alley people, Brunswick, I think.  until it was bought back by Willy it went down hard.

Wasn't that FMC?
Cooking over a open fire is all fun and games until someone losses a wiener!

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
78.50"

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
Used to work at FMC....that's a machining company off of East River road
AMC was a car vehicle builder (if you wanna call um one)

I think Mike is right AMF is or was the top in bowling stuff....

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Know this one by heart...AMF....American Machine and Foundry. Bought Harley in '69 and ruined them due to labor strikes and lousy quality. AMF sold them in '81 back to Willie Davidson and a group of investors. Rest is history.  :happy1:

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
i was close i win the sausage!!
78.50"

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
You ARE a sausage, ya silly boar.   ;D

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
Hey Boar, ya call AMC close to AMF?  there's two letters between c and f.  and how many AMC's are still out there?!? sleazy-422.gif :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Hey Boar, ya call AMC close to AMF?  there's two letters between c and f.  and how many AMC's are still out there?!? sleazy-422.gif :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Other than the  '69 AMX's and SC/ Rambler's, NONE, I hope!!!   :happy1:

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
Smurf Car......

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
 :puke:        ;D

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Just got a text from the little fella...said he's on his way down. Didn't know Pacers came with Smurf phones in 'em.... :rotflmao:

Boober, throw the missus in the car and get down here! Ya can't leave me alone with the little munchkin!!!  :doah:
« Last Edit: January 01/28/17, 12:58:03 PM by Rebel SS »

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
oh and you did just fine didn't ya!!!!!!!!!!! :moon: :moon: :moon: :rotflmao: :popcorn: :popcorn:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Ya he did, but I'm guessing he's na nite already!!  ;)

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Ya he did, but I'm guessing he's na nite already!!  ;)
or he snuck next door!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! tut_tut-3315.gif tut_tut-3315.gif :doah: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Ha! Fell asleep in the recliner...*snork* Great time!! We  HAVETA do this again!!  I  s'pose Glenn has his chin propped on his hands watching that barometer, all dreamy-eyed, waiting for it to move... :rotflmao:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Ha! Fell asleep in the recliner...*snork* Great time!! We  HAVETA do this again!!  I  s'pose Glenn has his chin propped on his hands watching that barometer, all dreamy-eyed, waiting for it to move... :rotflmao:
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: nope but I do have it hung up. the humidity in my house?????? compared to the other one there's a huge difference!!!!!! now I don't know which one to believe!!!!!!!! :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: face_plant-2139.gif

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
I adjusted that when I got it to the electronic digital one in my house (it was that little one above TV)...it's pretty precise. Yours tracked perfect with it....tried it out in garage, in here, right above the humidifier...lots of testing, really. It also matched the one in my den, and the one on my wall barometer. Three days worth, and it was matching exact, and moving. It's right on, smurfy. Give it a day to settle...they track slow.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
I adjusted that when I got it to the electronic digital one in my house (it was that little one above TV)...it's pretty precise. Yours tracked perfect with it....tried it out in garage, in here, right above the humidifier...lots of testing, really. It also matched the one in my den, and the one on my wall barometer. Three days worth, and it was matching exact, and moving. It's right on, smurfy. Give it a day to settle...they track slow.
:happy1: :happy1: :happy1: I have no patience!!!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao: I have electric baseboard heat so humidity in the house is something I watch closely. dehumidifier runs a lot in da winter time!!!!!!!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Hard to get humidity very high with that...mine runs about 32-35% tops, it if isn't real cold out.  Then it's down in low 20's with the forced air furnace and the humidifier running non-stop.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
I needed to get a dehumidifier..i was noticing moisture/mold staring especially in the bathroom. since the dehumidifier.......no issues!!!!!!!

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
had to get one for a house we once had, sump pump and dehumidifier working together!!