Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Wood duck houses!  (Read 2733 times)

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
A member of the MNO family, his kids made me some wood duck houses at a DU event. It was such a nice day out, I installed them out on the pond! A big thanks to G's kids for making them for me!
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Good going G, woodies  are a lot of fun to watch in the spring. We have several up at at the cabin and it's a hoot , but them damb raccoons like to go Tree to Tree and go around the wrap.. :fudd: :archery:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
awesome.........we had a couple woodie houses at the cabin..........think the flying squirrels used it for there housing. now that its shot..........not sure where they are calling home but I know there=s about 6 of them flying rodents around.
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
Yea.....you have to clean them out every year otherwise rodents move in.....
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
i'm not complaining. been thinking of putting a couple more up. not sure the ones the flying rodents where good enough anymore for the ducks anyway.

just curious............ does the entrance towards the wood duck houses need to be free and clear of branches?????
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's
i'm not complaining. been thinking of putting a couple more up. not sure the ones the flying rodents where good enough anymore for the ducks anyway.

just curious............ does the entrance towards the wood duck houses need to be free and clear of branches?????

Ya, and ya need a duck doorbell that goes *KWAK*KWAK*.  :rotflmao:

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
Not sure, I trimmed the ones around these. The last duck houses I had, were on stakes out in the pond. These are the first ones I ever mounted to a tree.

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman

Ya, and ya need a duck doorbell that goes *KWAK*KWAK*.  :rotflmao:

Wood ducks don't "KWAK"... they whistle.....  :rotflmao:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's
Oh.  :shocked:   Sounds a lot like that squeaking noise we have on here whenever Glenn comes on...... :scratch:   :rotflmao:

https://www.allaboutbirds.org/guide/Wood_Duck/sounds

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
I put some fresh wood chips in the houses today!