Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Anyone know where to find private Lake of the Woods rentals?  (Read 2030 times)

Offline brandbll

• Outdoorsman
Going up to Lake of the Woods in a week.  Anyone know of any place to find private people renting out houses sort of like an AirBNB type deal?  I checked craigslist and could only find one place and it only slept four and we have 5 people.  Don't even need a sleeper, would take a place just to fish during the day as my buddy only lives like 45 minutes from the lake.  Don't really want to pay $50 a person to just fish during the day though when we can just drive up right next to that place for free and throw up pop-ups.  Most of the day fishing places that use a Bombardier were around $100 a day/per person, which is more than we are looking to spend.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
I checked around, and that seems to be the going rate for day houses, yup, seems spendy to me too..

Here's a link to Dale's http://dalefishinglakeofthewoods.net/ but, it has been years since I went out through them.
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Offline brandbll

• Outdoorsman
I mean if it was $50 with the Bombardier ride, we could justify it because it's a place we can't get to by truck.  But if it's a place we have to drive to, might as well just set up shop for free and save $250.   Especially since the weather looks to be decent in a week.

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Online Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
check out dales rentals, the old bablers operation, ive heard their reaso able
2019 GRAND MASTER BUCK CHAMPION!!
2021 ICE FISHING MASTER CHAMPION
78.50"

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
Looks like Dale closed his access....  pouty-1023.gif

ACCESS CLOSING TODAY AT 5PM!!!!!
Lake Access Update 2/20/2017
Ice Conditions are good. We have had a significant decrease in snow, increase in slush on the lake. The Lake road has about 3 inches of standing water.
THE LAKE ACCESS WILL BE CLOSED AT DARK TOMORROW, TUESDAY, FEB 21ST UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE.
We are closing the lake access for maintenance and do hope to Re-Open by the weekend.
We will post notice Facebook, on our websites, message on our landline, and with the local bait shop's. Spread the word. Thank-you
Dale and Connie Peterson

I'd call ahead!