Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Sign of the Times? Remington Lays Off Hundreds of Employees  (Read 1282 times)

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
Sign of the Times? Remington Lays Off Hundreds of Employees

It appears that more than 100 employees at a Remington Arms plant in Ilion, New York, have been laid off along with 16 other employees at a Lexington, Kentucky, plant. This is all on top of 39 layoffs in Huntsville, Alabama, in 2016.

Officials at Remington Arms have pointed the finger at a weakened firearms business, while New York State officials have blamed increasing restrictions on legal gun owners.

State Assemblyman Brian Miller of the 101st District released this statement regarding the recent layoffs:

“This is upsetting. It’s very troubling that 122 of our neighbors have lost their jobs due to poor economic policies pushed by Gov. Cuomo and Assembly Democrats as well as the SAFE Act. Make no mistake, there is a direct correlation. My staff and I remain fully committed to helping those affected by layoffs and will assist them and their families in any way we can.”

« Last Edit: March 03/11/17, 06:30:26 PM by HD »
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's
SAY WHAT??!?!!! Gun and ammo sales have been at an all time high the last 3 years!!!!! Read the stats, I just happened to be reading them last nite, fresh in my memory. And....there was an 8 week wait for S&W shields , in both the 9mm and 40 cal, when I ordered mine!! Gun prices were at an all time high, which means the ammo sales will be, too. Everyone knows last year the shelves were devoid of handgun ammo....plus the USG has upped the millions of rounds they are buying for the feds, the military, etc. Who the hey is Remington trying to kid??!! confused-3316.gif

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!