Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: MNO Catfish Contest  (Read 11024 times)

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
I've been thinking about this, and I would like to have a Catfish Contest......

The longest Catfish wins...rules are simple...

#1. Post yur fish on a measuring board or next to a tape measure (so I can read it) WITH a soda can or beer can in the photo. (the can is a staple item)

#2. No need to sign up, just post yur fish in this thread.

#3. For a prize, I will donate a t-shirt of your choosing from the Fawkinn'ae website. (one winner only)

#4. Contest runs till Nov. 1st, 2017
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
cool thanks HD!!
2019 GRAND MASTER BUCK CHAMPION!!
2021 ICE FISHING MASTER CHAMPION
78.50"

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
WHINERS! smoking_a_joint-408.gif :rotflmao:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Auggie

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Start'em young
    • www.wallhangerstaxidermystudio.com
I like this😁😁
100 yards to my spot!! Might get me fishing a little more this summer!
« Last Edit: March 03/26/17, 05:36:47 PM by Auggie »
Shane Augeson
Wallhangers Taxidermy Studio
9040 40th St NW
Milan MN 56262
www.wallhangerstaxidermystudio.com
320-269-3337

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
and to think I asked a question, and where does it go??  awesome!!   :happy1:
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
whiner!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao: I might just have to catch a few. I heard they are so easy to catch on the horseshoe chain here even boar could catch them! :scratch: :coffee:

Offline Auggie

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Start'em young
whiner!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao: I might just have to catch a few. I heard they are so easy to catch on the horseshoe chain here even boar could catch them! :scratch: :coffee:
Glenn the bait we use is bigger than anything you catch from what I here😁😁😂😂
Shane Augeson
9040 40th St NW
Milan MN 56262
320-269-3337

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
FAKE NEWS!!!! :happy1: :happy1:

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman

not from what I heard!!!  all little kitties there!!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

not from what I heard!!!  all little kitties there!!
batteries in our hearing aides shot??? :laughroll: :laughroll: :laughroll:

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
have not needed them til now!!!!! :rotflmao: :happy1:

Offline dew2

• Master Outdoorsman
I've been thinking about this, and I would like to have a Catfish Contest......

The longest Catfish wins...rules are simple...

#1. Post yur fish on a measuring board or next to a tape measure (so I can read it) WITH a soda can or beer can in the photo. (the can is a staple item)

#2. No need to sign up, just post yur fish in this thread.

#3. For a prize, I will donate a t-shirt of your choosing from the Fawkinn'ae website. (one winner only)

#4. Contest runs till Nov. 1st, 2017
OOO WEE HD THANKS! I was going to PM you, I think it best to post for all to see.
 Now boar on the red catches a TROPHY Channel at 32 inches Thats a real Trophy! I get a 32 inch flat a small one at 14-15 lbs a blue at 13 to 14 lbs dinks at 32 inches.Might you consider 2 catorgies one for channels an bullheads and one for flats an blues.Making it more fair for weight to length. Heres a chart below an when we go to the Mn,or miss. rivers a 20--35 lb flat or blue is pretty common where a channel at 20lbs is somewhat rare cept for the Red north of Morehead!
 Most channels over 20 I ever caught is in yer neighborhood on the Kettle north of 48 all the way up to Mooselake overnight canoe camping, I'll help with the scoring if need be!
  https://huntfish.mdc.mo.gov/fishing/species/catfish/catfish-tips-fishing/catfish-weight-chart
Keeping America clean and beautiful is a one mans job,Mine

Offline dew2

• Master Outdoorsman
How do you expect to catch channels when you cant catch much of anything>> :scratch:
 I got a spot you can seine out bullheads,thats where I get my bait up to 12 inches you ole putz>refer to post#7

Offline dew2

• Master Outdoorsman
I like this😁😁
100 yards to my spot!! Might get me fishing a little more this summer!
Auggie is that Monte?? Maybe we can do a meetup on the river?My biggest is 35lbs gotta try to beat it, A buddy a newbe wentonce with us got my fish one night at 48lbs I said take the rod its yers!!,Made the local paper confused-3316.gif Always can get bullies fer bait I seine em on the crow river

Offline Auggie

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Start'em young
Dew, I'm north of Watson on the Chippewa River. It meets the Mn River in Monte. Your welcome to try anytime, as long as you can handle my boy fishing and jabbering along side ya ;)
Shane Augeson
9040 40th St NW
Milan MN 56262
320-269-3337

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • 2008-2011-2018-2019 2020 Fish Challenge Champ!
    • Lee's Lake Geneva Guide Service
 :scratch: Need clarification on rules.  Would my catfish qualify. :doah:
Proud Member of the CWCS.
http://www.cwcs.org

Member of Walleyes For Tomorrow.
www.walleyesfortomorrow.org

Many BWCA Reports
http://leeslakegenevaguideservice.com/boundry_%2712.htm

If you help someone when they're in trouble, they will remember you when they're in trouble again

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
might be a problem there!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1:

Offline dew2

• Master Outdoorsman
Dew, I'm north of Watson on the Chippewa River. It meets the Mn River in Monte. Your welcome to try anytime, as long as you can handle my boy fishing and jabbering along side ya ;)
Oh Channel waters,I floated the chip from Emily to the mn in the kayak 12 years ago. Thought it was a short trip!Tough trip snags all da way.But I'm talkin flat waters,I fished above the Granitefalls dam an never got a flat lots a channels,Now the Minnesotafalls dam is gone and below Granite may produce?? I got some sopts from Skalbaken park down stream to Frankin.Me an the ole girl go for 3 nights at a time, Tues to Fri morn.How old is the kid?How old are you? I could bring a few old BB guns for you to play with and wit him some good air rifles 177s an 22s.You both can listen to my stories an that jabberin would come from me. Ole glenn taught me well of how to BS BUT Mine is real stuff!!

« Last Edit: March 03/27/17, 06:24:39 PM by dew2 »

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
Oh Channel waters,I floated the chip from Emily to the mn in the kayak 12 years ago. Thought it was a short trip!Tough trip snags all da way.But I'm talkin flat waters,I fished above the Granitefalls dam an never got a flat lots a channels,Now the Minnesotafalls dam is gone and below Granite may produce?? I got some sopts from Skalbaken park down stream to Frankin.Me an the ole girl go for 3 nights at a time, Tues to Fri morn.How old is the kid?How old are you? I could bring a few old BB guns for you to play with and wit him some good air rifles 177s an 22s.You both can listen to my stories an that jabberin would come from me. Ole glenn taught me well of how to BS BUT Mine is real stuff!!

ouch!!  the blue boy gets it again!! :rotflmao:

Offline Auggie

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Start'em young
Must have been low. The only part that is to bad for snags south of Benson is from the damn by Watson to Montevideo. Never been on the River North of Benson. That pry took ya a few days.

I use to fish the Mn between New Ulm and Mankato when I lived down that direction, but it's been 15-20 years ago now. I've heard of some guys catching flats below Granite.

Mike, all I can say is poor Glenn. He really takes a beating! training-087 training-087 training-087

Shane Augeson
9040 40th St NW
Milan MN 56262
320-269-3337

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
got to love it!! :rotflmao:

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
ya know what would be awesome? a cat fishing gathering. Ive never done flatties but would love to. itd be fun for me and the wife to load the bikes and the castle and head down south and meet and greet and fish.
78.50"

Offline dew2

• Master Outdoorsman
Must have been low. The only part that is to bad for snags south of Benson is from the damn by Watson to Montevideo. Never been on the River North of Benson. That pry took ya a few days.

I use to fish the Mn between New Ulm and Mankato when I lived down that direction, but it's been 15-20 years ago now. I've heard of some guys catching flats below Granite.

Mike, all I can say is poor Glenn. He really takes a beating! training-087 training-087 training-087

Nah I use a 9ft 6 inch Kayak works in most any water,Did take 5 days longer than expected,But the ole girl an a neighbor who has relitives in Monte waited me out. So I should have mentioned Auggie doggie (yer son) an Doggie Daddy (you) mOST THE big FLATS COME FROM kATO TO THE CITIES I dont know if thats cause of the number of fisherpeople or distribution of flats BUT from Mnfalls downstream there plentyful the biguns what can I say?I catch many over 20 few around 30 but we hear of some in the newspaper every year 45 to 50
« Last Edit: March 03/27/17, 07:21:04 PM by dew2 »

Offline dew2

• Master Outdoorsman
ya know what would be awesome? a cat fishing gathering. Ive never done flatties but would love to. itd be fun for me and the wife to load the bikes and the castle and head down south and meet and greet and fish.
Yah boar How many miles is it down here?? Guess I need ole57s help wit dat one EH?
 I'd be elated to meet you and shore fish the MN river sleep all day party all night!

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
for sure! 232 miles. about 4 hours for me!
78.50"

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
for sure! 232 miles. about 4 hours for me!
poor baby!! :cry: :cry: :super smiley: :laughroll: :oscar:

Offline Ude Lake Tom

• Outdoorsman
I might have to remember this contest.  We do some catting on the Ole' Miss below the 494 bridge in SSP.  The grandkids have more luck then Grandpa.  Maybe they will get lucky.   :cheesy:

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
soooo are prizes needed here?  just wondering.

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
soooo are prizes needed here?  just wondering.

It's "whatever".....I donated a t-shirt....I just want to see some cats.

By the way, I would also like to catch up with someone that has a good spot.....our catfish spots have gone dry up here....
Nuth'in big, just smaller cats for a fry'in pan....
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
how far from the red are you??