Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: What's Wrong Wit Athletes!  (Read 52487 times)

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • 2008-2011-2018-2019 2020 Fish Challenge Champ!
    • Lee's Lake Geneva Guide Service
Odell Beckham Fined $12,154 for Dog Celebration vs. Eagles :bonk:

:coffee: ......
Giants receiver Odell Beckham’s crude celebration last weekend cost him $12,154 in the form of a fine from the NFL, according to multiple reports.

That’s the standard fine amount for a celebration that the NFL deems to have crossed the line. Beckham’s teammate Evan Engram was docked the same amount for his Week 2 crotch-grab, as was Steelers linebacker Bud Dupree for an overzealous Key & Peele-inspired hip thrust.

Beckham’s celebration—mimicking a urinating dog—drew a flag for unsportsmanlike conduct. He said later it was intended as a dig at Donald Trump’s comments about “son of a b----” NFL players.

Giants owner John Mara told the media that he was “very unhappy” with Beckham’s celebration and that the matter would be addressed internally. Head coach Ben McAdoo has declined to discuss Beckham’s celebration, other than to say that he dislikes the penalty forcing his team to kick off from the 20-yard line.

:tut:  ("stupid is as stupid does")

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: September 09/30/17, 12:47:25 AM by Lee Borgersen »
Proud Member of the CWCS.
http://www.cwcs.org

Member of Walleyes For Tomorrow.
www.walleyesfortomorrow.org

Many BWCA Reports
http://leeslakegenevaguideservice.com/boundry_%2712.htm

If you help someone when they're in trouble, they will remember you when they're in trouble again

Offline veders

To much money! To much Fame! To much arrogance! To much power! To much immaturity!  Think they can do and get away anything! Of course that applies to only a small percentage of our athletes but, we have to read about this stuff to often. They need to be punished more harshly.

I'm absolutely agree with you

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Crown Bank sues Adrian Peterson over $2.4 million loan

Minneapolis-based Crown Bank is suing former Minnesota Vikings running back Adrian Peterson, claiming Peterson defaulted on a loan and still owes $600,000.

According to the lawsuit, Peterson borrowed $2.4 million in May 2016 but defaulted in October of the same year. Under a forbearance agreement with Crown, he paid back most of the loan and has asked for more time. In the lawsuit, the bank says Peterson “failed to comply with Crown Bank’s demands," so it's seeking the rest of what's owed, plus interest.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
so, i read an article in the local paper, its also on the radio that the NFL owners are meeting to discuss this national anthem thing. there going to recommend a new rule that says players SHOULD  stand for the anthem.  :scratch: :censored: :doah:

well what the cripes does SHOULD MEAN???????? :doah: :scratch: it doesnt mean they have to or not have to. what a bunch of friggin idiots. in my line of work should is like may. it means if they want to they will if they dont they wont. morons need to use the words..........shall............ or will............... but some meat or substance to the meaning. those 2 words are the biggest powerfull worlds in any agreement. friggin dipsticks!!!!!!!! :bonk: :bonk: :mad1: :oscar:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
What a can of worms...

I believe that the NFL players will very soon agree that displays of civil disobedience during the national anthem (which is what we are talking about) will end because it has proved to be counter-productive to the message they players were trying to send.

However, I also think players will continue to look for opportunities to "express themselves" and "exercise their first amendment rights" during the game.  How long do you think it will be until we get a black power salute instead of a touchdown dance?

I hope Roger Goodell and the NFL Players Association can figure out how to keep politics off the TV broadcasts or they are going to piss off a lot of people.

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
That's the prob with all these "activist types". Can't do it on their own time, it has to be continually in everyone's face
 24/7 until ya wanna smack 'em upside the head...or worse.  What makes it worse, are places that promote it...like this town. Almost daily it's an on TV, front page paper, in the news push for LGBTQ or whatever they're called rights, BLM rights, more diversity, etc. That's totally out of line and just makes things worse, IMO.   :angry:
« Last Edit: October 10/12/17, 10:50:06 AM by Rebel SS »

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
i agree you definetley have a right to express or opinions..............but in the real world, as in the work force, if an employer has rules..................sometimes there are consequences to that right to express your opinion!!!!!!!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
There was a time here when we were told by MAYO we COULDN'T wear our little American flag pins on our uniforms, because they didn't want to OFFEND FOREIGN PATIENTS.....!!! Fact! That sh** lasted for a short while, as a group went to admin and threatened to hit the news and some lawyers with it... MAYO didn't want THAT getting out. :doah:
I was glad when I was outta there and donned my Sheriff's uni with the big flag on the sleeve.  :happy1:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Yup Elliot is a pig.  Again another kid who was allowed to do anything he wanted as long as he scored TD's.  I think he may start his 6 game suspension this week. Not sure though.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
i hear ole kapernick has filed a grievence against the whole NFL!!!!!!! good luck to him. ha!!!!!!!!

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
This one will be fun to watch.  If he wins, he could blow everything up.  The owners better hope there is no paper or private message email trail to suggest they explicitly blackballed him.

Kaepernick hopes to invalidate the CBA through collusion grievance

Free-agent quarterback Colin Kaepernick has filed a grievance against the NFL alleging collusion in relation to his ongoing unemployment. Eventually, we’ll explain what he needs to prove, and what he doesn’t need to prove, in order to show that collusion occurred. For now, let’s focus on what he wants to do.

Per a source with knowledge of the situation, Kaepernick wants to trigger termination of the current Collective Bargaining Agreement.

Article 69, Section 2 of the CBA allows for the agreement to be terminated prematurely in the event of proof of collusion. Under Article 17, Section 16(c) of the CBA, termination can arise from only one incident of collusion involving only one player if there is clear and convincing evidence of a violation.

The ramifications would be enormous, and historical. Kaepernick could give all players a tremendous piece of leverage, moving up the expiration of the contract by more than three years and forcing the owners back to the bargaining table.

Former NFL player Sean Gilbert proposed, in connection with his effort to become the NFLPA’s executive director, the potential termination of the CBA in early 2015, based on collusion arising from the funding rule applicable to guaranteed contracts. Gilbert did not win, and the collusion case was never filed.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/10/15/kaepernick-hopes-to-invalidate-the-cba-through-collusion-grievance/

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
    Curry fined $50K, avoids suspension for mouth-guard toss :taz:

:coffee: ......
Stephen Curry has been fined $50,000 by the NBA but will not receive a game suspension for throwing his mouthguard in the direction of an official during Saturday's Warriors loss to the Memphis Grizzlies, the league announced Monday.

The $50,000 fine is the maximum allowed per league rules based on that action.

His Golden State Warriors teammate Andre Iguodala was also fined $15,000 for verbally abusing an official.

Curry was ejected after the incident, but has maintained he didn't deliberately throw the item at the ref. It's not the first time he's been fined for this - he was dinged $25,000 for tossing a mouth guard into the stands during the 2016 NBA Finals. :bonk:

Kevin Durant, who was also ejected from the Memphis game, will apparently receive no fine for flashing a finger at a fan - a digit he correctly pointed out was his ring finger, not his middle one. :confused:

Many BWCA Reports

If you help someone when they're in trouble, they will remember you when they're in trouble again

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Pocket change for someone like him. I think he just signed a max contract for $201 mil / 5 years. NBA salaries are ridiculous, wonder :scratch: how much the owners are making.               
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  :reporter; Giants suspend Janoris Jenkins for violation of team rules!

:popcorn: .....
When the New York Giants return in Week 9 to take on the Los Angeles Rams at MetLife Stadium, they will be without cornerback Janoris Jenkins.

Kim Jones of NFL Network reports that Jenkins has been suspended at least one game for a violation of team rules. :banghead:

:scratch:
What rules Jenkins is alleged to have violated is unclear, but he was not with the team when they returned to East Rutherford on Monday. However, after practice, head coach Ben McAdoo said that Jenkins and a handful of others had been excused for personal reasons and were expected to return on Wednesday.

"We had a few guys that were excused for personal reasons today," McAdoo told reporters. "Jackrabbit was one of them. Eli Apple. Paul Perkins."

Jenkins was informed of his suspension on Tuesday.  :angry2:

"As a member of this team, there are standards and we have responsibilities and obligations," McAdoo said via Giants.com. "When we don't fulfill those obligations, there are consequences. As I have said before, we do not like to handle our team discipline publicly. There are times when it is unavoidable, and this is one of those times."

McAdoo added that the suspension will be reviewed when the team returns in Week 10.

Jenkins' suspension comes mere weeks after fellow cornerback Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie was suspended indefinitely for conduct detrimental to the team. He missed only one game, but had his defensive snaps reduced significantly upon return.

McAdoo has said DRC's snap reduction had nothing to do with additional discipline, but the veteran cornerback later implied that it did. :tut:
« Last Edit: November 11/01/17, 12:12:13 AM by Lee Borgersen »

Many BWCA Reports

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
To sum it up, with these overpaid nincompoops, does anyone really give a ....

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: November 11/01/17, 06:45:01 AM by Rebel SS »

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman

To sum it up, with these overpaid nincompoops, does anyone really give a .... :scratch:

You are most certainly correct with da nincompoops comment. :bow: However it does seem that the goal of dis thread is to point out who these actual overpaid nincompoops are. :happy1: As far as anyone giving a rats :moon: it seems that da views on dis thread are are headed towards the 2,000 mark. Therefore it seems to be a point of interest to some.. Is it constructive info that will add to our viewing pleasure? NO!

If some of these over paid athletes are really  :moon: holes and are looked at as roll models they need to be called out.

That is just my view on it.
« Last Edit: November 11/01/17, 07:21:27 AM by Lee Borgersen »

Many BWCA Reports

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman

To sum it up, with these overpaid nincompoops, does anyone really give a .... :scratch:

You are most certainly correct with da nincompoops comment. :bow: However it does seem that the goal of dis thread is to point out who these actual overpaid nincompoops are. :happy1: As far as anyone giving a rats :moon: it seems that da views on dis thread are are headed towards the 2,000 mark. Therefore it seems to be a point of interest to some.. Is it constructive info that will add to our viewing pleasure? NO!

If some of these over paid athletes are really  :moon: holes and are looked at as roll models they need to be called out.

That is just my view on it.

Many BWCA Reports

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
 :bow: :bow:  Thank you, purveyor of magnanimous wisdom. I'll certainly keep that in mind. Truly informative and nice to keep up on the abject nincompoopery of da glamour boyz.   ;)

PS...I got ya the first time.  :rotflmao:

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
:bow: :bow:  Thank you, purveyor of magnanimous wisdom. I'll certainly keep that in mind. Truly informative and nice to keep up on the abject nincompoopery of da glamour boyz.   ;)

PS...I got ya the first time.  :rotflmao:

Speaking of nincompoopery I hit da wrong button and posted it twice. Don't worry bout me it will only get worse as da ageing process  continues to advance :crazy:
« Last Edit: November 11/01/17, 08:36:40 AM by Lee Borgersen »

Many BWCA Reports

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Just glad I don't do it.  ;)

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman

:popcorn: ....
I tink someone is makin fun a me! :scratch: And I'm not even over paid :doah: :cry:

Many BWCA Reports

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
   :moon:           :rotflmao:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
« Last Edit: November 11/04/17, 12:18:28 PM by Rebel SS »

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :bs: Didn't realize that JJ owned 120 PJ's pizza's. :moon: More about tryin to get rid of Goodell, if you ask me. :scratch: