Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Hummingbird birds  (Read 30315 times)

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's
:moon: :moon: :moon: They make this thing called next day air, ya know... :rotflmao:

Hold off, I got an addition.... :evil:

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
If it fits, it ships, same low rate... :happy1:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Still one on the feeder outside the oval office this a.m. :happy1:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
yea well roony says you get all the good birds!!!!! :pouty: :pouty:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Didn't see any this a.m. after hearing some in the nannyberries last nite when I was watering. Was surprised they've hung around as long as they have.

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Scratch that. Yapping on the phone after lunch and one appeared on the nectar feeder.  :happy1:

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
Didn't see any today but was busy getting a booster vaccine.   Hah!   Covid, I fart in your general direction
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Ro4DrewXHE

Online fishwidow

• Master Outdoorsman
Del, have you been drinking? J/K

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
Del, have you been drinking? J/K

Nope.   Just impulsive.   Besides that is a great movie...

Online fishwidow

• Master Outdoorsman
 :sleazy:Agreed. It is.
But still, drinking isn’t necessarily a bad thing.  :sleazy: :sleazy:

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Still at least one here as of this a.m. Spotted it working over the salvia on the patio. It made eye contact  and was off to wherever.

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Saw one on the nectar feeder after chores this a.m. We have two nectar feeders. The glass oriole nectar feeder that the hummers also liked developed a crack in it a couple cleanings ago. It's kept getting larger until this a.m. when I decided to toss it, rather than have it split open & slice my hand. Pretty sure there won't be any more orioles. I replaced it with a spare nectar feeder & cleaned out the other one. Mixed up another half-batch of nectar so we'll see how much longer they go.   

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Afeared we're gonna hafta call it here having seen no specimens since Saturday. Still fresh nectar in their feeders & plenty of flowers still blooming should there be a straggler passing thru. It's been fun having them.  :happy1:

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Just saw a hummingbird working on the cannas by the well! The previous record at the ranch was Oct. 9th. May want to come in the house & have something to really warm up on tonite.  :scratch:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
You or him? Gin blossoms?   ;)

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
Just saw a hummingbird working on the cannas by the well! The previous record at the ranch was Oct. 9th. May want to come in the house & have something to really warm up on tonite.  :scratch:
Feeder still going down but I think the culprit is the chickadee I saw yesterday sitting on it chowing down.   That was news to me...

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
I can't believe what I just saw! The wife must've forgotten to hit the garage door button. I noticed the outdoor thermometer had already warmed up to 41. Odd. The floor heat in the garage was on so when I peeked and noticed the overhead door was open, I hit the button to close it. There was a hummingbird hovering just outside the doorway as it started to come down! A few minutes later I checked the other outdoor thermometer just to see what the temp actually was. The hummingbird was still out there working on the blue salvia in the planters. I was positive after seeing the one yesterday that was it. Thought about taking the nectar feeders down this weekend too. Leaving them up another week yet.  :cool: 

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Prolly overkill but I emptied, cleaned and refilled both the nectar feeders with half a batch mixed a hair more than 4:1. The sugar water in the one feeder was starting to look just a little cloudy. Don't want to make any of the little tykes sick on their way south.  :cool:

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
My juice is still going down but I think it is chicadees.   Haven't seen a hummer for a while.  :thumbs:

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
I like late hummers.

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Aren't you supposed to be careful lifting more than 20 lbs.?  :scratch:  :rotflmao:

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
No sign of any hummingbirds this a.m. but the day is still young... :coffee:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Wait until tomorrow and Tuesday. 73* and 71* degrees..... :shocked:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
holy crap were the hummingbirds crazy up at the cabin!!!!!!!! :doofus: we have 5 feeders out filled them when i got there, then filled 3 more a day or two later and then filled them all again before i left this morning!!!!!
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
That is a lot of humming Glenn.  LOL  AND the last post in this thread was from Rebs.  Wonder how he is doing?