Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Need help planing a anversery ride!  (Read 2125 times)

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
its our 21st oct 11. im planning a ride up the north shore. would like advise on where to stay cottage type places.  fisrt night would abkht half way up the nkrth shor, 2nd night would be at Grand Marias, 3rd night would be in Ely. any ideas would be awsome. thanms!!
2019 GRAND MASTER BUCK CHAMPION!!
2021 ICE FISHING MASTER CHAMPION
78.50"

Offline Coffee118

• Master Outdoorsman
I've stayed at Superior shores in two harbors, it's nice but a little pricey. That have the main lodge or their lake homes right on the lake. There are also cabins at the Lutzen resort. Can't help you with Grand Marias or Ely
if you kick me when I'm down you better pray I don't get up.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
yea ill pass on zanythi g with glenn in it. :rotflmao:
78.50"

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's
There's a cozy little place Glenn recommends up near there.... :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
maybe look up some bed and breakfast places????  congrats on the anniversary!!! :happy1:
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
Wow, she put up with you for 21 years. That woman gotta be a saint with lots of patience. :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Congrats my friend!! :happy1: :happy1:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Try airbnb.  Sometimes you can find unique rentals. 

https://www.airbnb.com/s/Grand-Marais--MN?s_tag=yYGT5VQ3&allow_override%5B%5D=

Otherwise I know there area a couple of resorts and lodges up the Gunflint.

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
all kinds of places along the north shore,however alot of places close after labor day,maybe hang your hat the 1st night in two harbors,couple nice resturants in town,take a walk out to the light house on the break wall,eat some world class smoked fish from Russ Kendalls fish house( a must if you like smoked fish),then Lutsen Lodge is excellent for day two,bring a fishing rod and cast spoons at the mouth of the popular river in front of the lodge,oct will give you a shot at lake trout and salmon in fact the popular river has the state record chinook salmon caught in oct years back@ 33lbs,not bad for this small stream.

Up the trail is a cool little resort on Loon lake and many others along the way with cozy cabins.

Couple nice lodges on Gunflint lake as well with boat rentals.

Have fun!
« Last Edit: August 08/09/17, 01:22:31 PM by snow1 »

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
There is a steak house called the Blackwoods or something like that in Two Harbors.  Good place to go.  Has a bar that you can eat in too.  That's what we do.  Have a cocktail and order a big steak.  I proposed to my wife at the lighthouse on the breakwall.  Windy and rainy the two days we were there.  Finally the second day I had to say let's go for a walk out there.  lol  I had this planned for some time.  It was cool as heck with the waves breaking on the wall.  I got down on my knees and proposed.  Felt great!!!  Was meant to be.  We stayed at Bob's Cabins a few miles from town.  Got a cabin right on the water.  Could hear the waves all night long and could sit on the rocks.  Then went to Grand Marais and stayed at the Best Western.  All rooms look over the lake.  Have been there twice.  Will go again soon.  Fun places to eat there including Sven and Oles Pizza.  All close to the motel.  Makes me want to go...

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I just told Carla about this Boar.  This is our 10th Anniversary Oct. 27.  Due to this post I told her about she said she wants to go to the North Shore.  Thanks.  Looking forward to it.

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
I can't remember who was looking for a great place to eat up by Duluth.....but Ruthie and I really liked the food here......

[attachment deleted by admin]
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
awsome barry., thanks for all your in luts guys much appreciated
78.50"