Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Posting pictures issue  (Read 2054 times)

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
I've been having a strange issue posting pictures.  All the pictures I attempt to post were taken with my phone or transferred to my pc directly from an SD card. I use the colorful "tinypic" method to select a photo and down load it for posting.  Some make it just fine but other fail with one of two errors.  1. The file you selected has either been removed or deleted.  2. Error downloading file.  Is there another way or some setting I can try. 
***I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.***

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
try using the Attacments ootion on the bottom of message body. its what i use all the time. or try downing sizing the picture. also look at details of the picture to make sure its compatible. jpeg, dont work but jpg, and others that is listed within the Attacment option do. good luck
2019 GRAND MASTER BUCK CHAMPION!!
2021 ICE FISHING MASTER CHAMPION
78.50"

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Thanks Boar.  I had tried the attachments option with similar results.  Probably not picture size as they are all the same and taken with the same camera, loaded to pc at the same time and in the same file.   :confused:
***I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.***

Offline Pulleye16

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
how do you post pics from a phone (Iphone) without using a third party app like tinypics?
2023 Boar's Big Deer Contest Winner

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Same way as always.   :scratch:  (But I have Android)

Go to the bottom of the Reply screen.
Where it says Attach, click Choose File button.
It gives me "Chose an action"  I pick Files
And then it lets me pick from the photos I've taken or downloaded.

This isn't working for you?   :confused:

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
78.50"

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
Yu neaad to say something or add any emoji first. Make sure ur pic has been cropped, click attachments the chiose file then post.
78.50"

Offline Pulleye16

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Thanks.

Still new here. On quick reply, it only allows me to use that tinypics app…forget I need to use the regular reply button

:crazy:
2023 Boar's Big Deer Contest Winner

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
Just a reminder for everyone....if you post pics off of your phone, please resize first. Most phones take pictures at 3-5 gigs, and at that size of a file, it slows the site down.
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Offline roony

• Master Outdoorsman
My new toy

I used tiny pics with my android phone, it worked good. This is the first time I've tried this directly from my phone, before I always used my laptop when posting pics. I couldn't figure out how to resize images on my phone. :pouty:
« Last Edit: August 08/24/22, 03:55:59 PM by roony »

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
This is the app that I use, knocks them down to kilobytes instead of gigs.
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Yep resizing like HD says, or the pics turn out sideways or upside down.  You taking all this in Mike???  :rotflmao:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
Yep resizing like HD says, or the pics turn out sideways or upside down.  You taking all this in Mike???  :rotflmao:

yup kind of looked at it...  thats about it anyway...   :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1:

my issue is I use the home puter, but take pics on the phone... 
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I do that too Mike.  Then I send them as an email to my PC and download them.  Now they are in downloads so you can use them.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline roony

• Master Outdoorsman
If I want the pics on my phone to go in my picture file on my laptop I just plug the phone into the laptop and download them. Its pretty fast and easy even for me.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!

yup kind of looked at it...  thats about it anyway...   :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1:

my issue is I use the home puter, but take pics on the phone...
:pouty: :pouty: :banghead: :banghead: training-087 :taz: :taz: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: do you need my 7 year old grandkid!!!!!!!!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rolleyes:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!