Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Birds in the back yard  (Read 298396 times)

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
Saw 6 Robin's on the Maple tree.  They never come to the feeders. Anyone else notice that?   :scratch:
put out a feeder with mealworms in it, you'll have robins!!

Will wax worms or Euro lave work?  I got some of those!!  :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
give it a whirl!!👍👍 :rotflmao:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Leech~~

• Master Outdoorsman
Cooking over a open fire is all fun and games until someone losses a wiener!

Offline Leech~~

• Master Outdoorsman
There's a real one! Spring is on the way!  :happy1:

Click it

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
were you in Iowa??    :rotflmao:  way cool to see the birds coming back for sure!!!!    :happy1: :happy1:

good pic too!! :happy1:
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline Leech~~

• Master Outdoorsman
were you in Iowa??    :rotflmao:  way cool to see the birds coming back for sure!!!!    :happy1: :happy1:

good pic too!! :happy1:
  Was in north mpls.

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
Some of them cidiot robins don't fly south.

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
I got a tree rat infestation...... again....
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
I got a tree rat infestation...... again....
:confused: :doah: where where them damn things last fall!!!!!!!!!! :pouty: :banghead: :banghead:

musta been afraid of the sharp shooter!!!!!! :Hunter: :fudd: :whistling: :nerd:

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Is dat Glenn's chair still sitting der next to da bait station? Maybe try moving around next time..  :rotflmao: ;)

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Is dat Glenn's chair still sitting der next to da bait station? Maybe try moving around next time..  :rotflmao: ;)
:confused: :tut: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Saw a couple white blobs about a 1/4 mile away in the field this afternoon. At first I thought it was snow, then realized the only snow left is in the ditches & fencelines.They weren't in the backyard so got the birding glasses out. Yup, just a couple swans playing in a puddle. Later tonite when I was grilling I heard swans in our pond area. Lotsa geese flying over about then too. Way cool.  :cool:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
Good sign Dotch,spring is knocking at the door,I headed to nebraska to hunt snow geese after I got the "get your arse down here" call and pics of several 1000 snow geese only to show up with 10" of fresh snow,not a goose to be seen,they all went back south when the blizzard blew thru,oh well it was good to see old friends.

yesterday afternoon had abunch of robins picken thru the dead leaves for ?

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I love the sounds of swans and geese in the spring.

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
had a blue jay in the bird bath today!!  tried his best to even splash for a bath!!  fun to see!!   :happy1:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Funny you say that, I thought about putting my bird bath tub out yesterday!! :scratch:

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
I got a pelican, egret and a ibis....
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
Nice H.D.,so what the heck is a  "IBIS?" looks like a plastic bag.

more robins showing up at my place,herd unseen morning dove yesterday afternoon whilst smoking a cigarout back in my pole barn,he was perched somewhere in the stand of pinetrees coooing away

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
It's a shore bird with a long red beak. It was a good 60 yards away. The best picture I could get with my phone...oh well..

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
It's a shore bird with a long red beak. It was a good 60 yards away. The best picture I could get with my phone...oh well..

LOL....gotta ask,about the sidewalk,it just ends for no apparent reason,left over concrete from a nearby job maybe?

Oh even zooming in looking for this IBIS,still can't see it,but thanx for the pics.

you get in some fishing or just ppl watching?

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
i.ve keeping an eye out for doves and robins.....nuttin yet. think we have to much snow on the ground around here ?????i have been hearing cardinals more often though!!!!!!

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
been seein doves here...

Offline tangle tooth

• Master Outdoorsman
My back yard has had doves over a week. Still see our cardinal almost daily. No Robbins yet.
I did hear what I think was an eagle but I never saw it.
I wonder. Does Darth Vader have a sister named Ella? Bet she has her ups and downs.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
The neighbor has a couple of eagle nests in his trees.  I see this morning one is in the pasture picking up hay to bring to the nest.  They have landed in our trees but haven't built a nest yet. 

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
The neighbor has a couple of eagle nests in his trees.  I see this morning one is in the pasture picking up hay to bring to the nest.  They have landed in our trees but haven't built a nest yet.

That's cool LP,lucky you,been a few years since I had a family of "cooper hawks" in my pine tree stand,it was much fun watching the young grow and learn to hunt,at the time we had little ankle bitter pup's I  was concern one of these small dogs would be scarfed up one day,as they had no problem hitting rabbits.

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Speaking of that, must've been an owl hit a bunny overnite. Nearly full moon. Fur all over the yard. Have heard some great horned owls at nite when I do lamb check. Before sunrise, the cardinal sings his lungs out from the windbreak as I'm dumping water buckets. No better music to start the day.   
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Done seen my first 2 robins... So I put out the mealworm feeder!!!

I'm such a swell guy. :sleazy: :evil: :rotflmao:

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman

LOL....gotta ask,about the sidewalk,it just ends for no apparent reason,left over concrete from a nearby job maybe?

Oh even zooming in looking for this IBIS,still can't see it,but thanx for the pics.

you get in some fishing or just ppl watching?

Nope, I just worked on my tan 🤣

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman

That's cool LP,lucky you,been a few years since I had a family of "cooper hawks" in my pine tree stand,it was much fun watching the young grow and learn to hunt,at the time we had little ankle bitter pup's I  was concern one of these small dogs would be scarfed up one day,as they had no problem hitting rabbits.

I read or was told years ago that when you see an Eagle to think of a loved one that is no longer with us.  Their spirit my be in that Eagle watching you!  I like that thought!

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman

:scratch: Any sign of Keaton & Clooney? :nerd: :evil:          ;) :rolleyes: :laugh: :laugh:
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman

Explain "mealworm feeder" last summer when blue birds showed up I put they're houses out and meal worns in a old small bowl,darn piggy robbins always cleaned the worms out before blue birds got a taste.maybe a mealworm feeder is the way to go?