Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Do you have these on yur boat?  (Read 2544 times)

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
I have a friend that is na hard core bass fisherman, he does all the tournaments.....

I would think for me, they would get in the way.....What do you think?

Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's
I looked at those a couple years ago up at the NW sports show. Got a buddy who has them. Have you seen the price?  :doah:  Most people that I've talked to with 'em love em......I guess a shallow anchor is more my speed. And budget.  :azn:

Online Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
i gusse, its.quite cool, i can see the advant of being able.to drop.the the holding steaks right wher u want then instead of trying to let out the righf amount of rope needed to hold taditional.anchors, and havimg wind come up blowing u backing and forth with a need for a 2nd anchore off the bow
2019 GRAND MASTER BUCK CHAMPION!!
2021 ICE FISHING MASTER CHAMPION
78.50"

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
I can see where I would just push a pole in the water and tie to that that???
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
Along with our little tournament on pokegema yesterday some bass group was there also. Every boat had them . You see them on boats it pretty much says LOOK I'm a bass fisherman.
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Bobby Bass

• Master Outdoorsman
Not only bass fishermen but I have seen guys crappie fishing and jigging for eyes use them. To spendy for this old man to add to the Humper but if I was young and knew I was going to have my boat for awhile I would consider them.
Bobby Bass

Bud and now Barney working the trail again in front of me.

It is not how many years you live, it is how you lived your years!

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • 2008-2011-2018-2019 2020 Fish Challenge Champ!
    • Lee's Lake Geneva Guide Service
I've been using Minn Kota electric anchors for years now ( deckhand 35). When they a functioning properly they are awesome. Like most of da Minn Kota products they are only built to last a certain period of time. Same wit da electric trolling motors. That's under heavy use (meaning frequency of use)  you are bound to have problems. I can just imagine trying to find an authorized repair person to fix those new Talons. Da more crap you put on your boat....Da more stuff is sure ta break down. :doah:

:rolleyes: ....
Lots a folks say "I've never had any problems wit my (outboard, trolling motor, elec. anchor, battery, and on & on). Most often it's because they don't use da stuff very often! :banghead:

Here's a photo of a Minn Kota grave yard.

:Photography:

[attachment deleted by admin]
Proud Member of the CWCS.
http://www.cwcs.org

Member of Walleyes For Tomorrow.
www.walleyesfortomorrow.org

Many BWCA Reports
http://leeslakegenevaguideservice.com/boundry_%2712.htm

If you help someone when they're in trouble, they will remember you when they're in trouble again

Online Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
I guess if I had more money than I knew what to do with, I'd probably get one - or two.  But until then I'm content to anchor the old fashioned way.

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
I don't anchor often, besides they're way too much $ for me even though we use our boat at least 4 times a week from early May until late October.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline gophergunner

• Master Outdoorsman
These came out after I'd quit tournament fishing, but I can certainly see the benefit of them for the tournament angler.  During a day of tournament fishing, time is money, and these would save the time of messing with an anchor if you got on a good spot and needed to stay still.  Seeing more and more of these on the bass boats. Just another tool to get tournament anglers onto the podium at day's end.