Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Kinda neat....  (Read 3066 times)

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's
Saw this "weed" growing between my sidewalk and flower bed, gave it a yank. Whole thing came up....it's a baby black walnut tree! Huge one down at the end of the block, so my yard is ground zero in the fall for those rotten skwirrels burying the nuts.... :angry:
I put it in a little planter with some potting soil and it's now sitting in my window.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
I get about 10 of them a year growing in my lawn and garden. Them buggers are hard to transplant but can be done. Gotta get the whole root. I have a big old black walnut in my yard, love them trees. General rule of thumb, if you transplant one and it comes back the following spring it should survive.

Now transplanting little oak trees  :angry2: :angry2: no luck, not even one! :confused:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
Dats pretty cool.... I have bought seedlings of black walnut from the county. Out of 50 that I bought, only one is still growing.  :pouty:
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
This one looks like Charlie Brown's xmas tree already....."I've killed it"... :undecided:

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
This one looks like Charlie Brown's xmas tree already....."I've killed it"... :undecided:

I've got several that I killed deliberately.   If you want some of the nuts I'll happily give you some.   Neighbor has a butternut tree also...

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Thanks, Del. Just wanted to see if it would grow...think I left it in the sun too long today in the heat. MIGHT be coming back a bit though....ya know how 'mater's can go limp in the hot sun, and once they get a drink and some shade, they boing right back.

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Cool stuff. Glenn wants to know if your growing a future cane.. he made me say it..  :surrender:
« Last Edit: August 08/14/18, 06:46:21 PM by Bobberineyes »

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Already have one.  He's gonna git it over the head.  :azn:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Well, Wally the walnut re-perked himself overnite....he's  lookin' good!  :happy1:

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: August 08/15/18, 09:44:11 AM by Rebel SS »

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Well, Wally the walnut re-perked himself overnite....he's  lookin' good!  :happy1:
:happy1: :happy1: Rebel.......... just like the jolly green giant!!!!!!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

not sure how long your gonna have "wally" in that little pot  :scratch: but keep in mind a black walnuts root system gets as big as what you see above ground!!!!!!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
I know. Got some other pots ready. Used to be ice cream in 'em.  :sleazy:  Then I'm gonna plant it at an angle along my fence so it overhangs the neighbors house like their maple does mine.  :evil: :rotflmao:
« Last Edit: August 08/15/18, 10:00:40 AM by Rebel SS »

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
I know. Got some other pots ready. Used to be ice cream in 'em.  :sleazy:  :rotflmao:
:happy1: :happy1: yea, i heard some swell guy sent them!!!!!!!!! :nerd: :dancinred: :cheerleader:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Fun project Rebs.