Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: State Record Fish Program/Gross Overlimits  (Read 1629 times)

Offline K.O.W.

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Personally, what a complete joke and waste of time, it's a waste of ink and a 1/2 sheet of paper. Musky's, Pike, Sturgeon and Flathead Catfish is it. So on page 80 in the 2018 MN regs you will find this. So the Pike record is NONE. No one even entered one maybe I should catch a 20" and enter in, I'd have the record lol. The Musky at 56 7/8" another joke. That's been broken many times already it's just the people don't want to take the time and it also doesn't matter a bit plus they would never give up the lake it came from over meaningless notoriety. I hope this did not cost the DNR much, it's a complete joke. Stretch that tail get every 1/8" out of her you can cmon enjoy fishing for what it is, drop that stupid length program immediately. Not 1 pike, and I truly believe the 45 pound pike record is a joke as well as the smallmouth bass record at 8 pounds from a lake I've fished for 30 years and never caught a smallie. Let's enjoy fishing and turn in poachers like this morning I'm reading outdoor news and 6 people were involved in gutting out Sisseton Lake. Our CO's and DNR have pushed catch/release conservation for the future and along comes a group of people that have devastated many lakes including my favorite crappie lake by over harvest and triple tripping and dumping their catch in the trunk of a Toyota so they can keep on slaughtering. So call the CO we did better than that he was right by us watching them as we shared how they operate. I used to kind of consider crappies and sunnies etc kids fish kinda you know. You graduate to walleyes or being a bass/pike caster maybe muskies catfish. These people it's quantity, it's over the limit steadily so put the binoculars on these people especially at the St. Louis river spring eyes, Knife Lake MN April/May crappiesat the dam, Mud Lake aka Lida Lake in Ottertail county in April May crappies, or anywhere you see them grouped up for days on end the limit is 6 walleye 10 crappies until you eat them or gift them properly. So now that I'm deemed racist please turn in any color of person that is breaking our hunting and fishing laws. The only tip call I've made was on Caucasians so I'm just saying after reading dozens of gross over limit MN stories that there's a group of like people just slaughtering fish, I'm not even sure they enjoy fishing it's a slaughter. CO former CO Bruce Pfalzgraf (Pelican Rapids) knows all about this as do all of them. We need to help the CO's protect our resources as best we can especially with fishing panfish being a year round thing. You want to read a disgusting article Google St. Louis River over limit walleyes and you'll read how when the CO's come they grab their 2 fish and 90% of them leave and leave stringers in the water loaded up with various amounts of walleyes, how is CO going to figure out who is who and what is what, if that community of people can't acknowledge there's a deep serious problem well good luck Vuthy Pril who is basically their warden. Language barrier not withstanding 6 is 6 and 10 is 10 we need stiffer fines, next is the old timer from Iowa with 280 sunnies etc these game hogs need to get pinched.

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
True, if they are over limit...they SHOULD get the fine like anybody else.

I believe it should be a level playing field, no matter who you are.
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Offline K.O.W.

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
I agree. Hmong Families Gather .... Duluth opener 2012 St. Louis River. So I read the Duluth tribune article unless I don't know my MN rule book there's a blatant violation in the article toward the end. It said boy caught a 22" walleye and put it on the stringer with a 25" walleye he caught previously. Ok, hasn't the rule been for some time you can have 1 walleye over 20" ? Some might say well there were others around etc so it's ok. Idk about that read the article. I wouldn't feel it ok to stringer up 2 over 20". A lot of white people are simply too lazy to over limit, too lazy to clean them, too lazy to load coolers full of ice that's how many get away with it. You can load cooler one go to shore put it in the back of the RAV4 and keep on bagging like you just got there, have a few in the livewell for the CO to look at. Heres the deal I know hundreds of white people who fish and I don't know any that over limit. Does it happen I'm sure it does as these old timer game hogs die off should see less and less of it.  The Hmong bring hundreds of people and kids so they can load up. The article said there was 100 on shore fishing the St. Louis, keep your 2 and go home no problem but we all know that's likely not the case at all. Here I sit 10 crappies in the fridge and I can't go until I eat them. It's called a conscience. Sure I could go walleye up. Obey the laws people, fish as much for the enjoyment as the catch. Keep an eye out for violators. Many most have a phone, get that dog gone license plate, that is how these violators often times get there. Others use a resort or live on the lake. Stay vigilant. These over limit types have been at this for years many of them and thousands of fish have paid the price. Never feel sorry for them, if it were deer you'd turn em in. Man there could be so many more fish to be caught and bucks to be hunted if everyone played fairly. That sucks. 

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
Remember that every family member including all kids under 16 get a limit.    What are the rules about gifting fish?  Or "party fishing"?

Can I go out with a couple of grandkids and legally take 3 limits?   Even if they aren't fishing or don't catch them? 

Just checked the regs.   The limits apply to the whole party fishing together....   So the husband, wife, and the kid add up the limits. (assuming adults both have license).   

Maybe you don't know the rule book.... I didn't remember that being in there.   Doesn't say if it applies if there is a whole mob shore fishing.   So a hundred people at a gathering and all "fishing".   Looks to me like they get 100 limits if the appropriate people have licenses.   
« Last Edit: August 08/02/18, 04:37:06 PM by delcecchi »