Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Need new trail cameras  (Read 1796 times)

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I have an old Bushnell that still uses D batteries.  It is eating them like candy now.  Throwing it away.  Have 3 Moultries.  They use c batteries and work pretty good.  Sometimes not so good at night.  I want to move into the ones with AA batteries so I can get lithium ones.  Would like to stay under $150 each.  Maybe should be no flash ones I suppose.   Brownings look good.  Any advice?  The wife is in the mood to get one so need to act on this while it is a hot topic here...   I don't need a LCD readout and won't be hooking up to my phone.
« Last Edit: June 06/08/19, 11:26:37 AM by LPS »

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I just found a company of what seems like some good guys.  Trailcampro.com  They have reviews on most cams and give a 2 year warranty when you buy from them with $10 off when you make an account.  90 return or upgrade of any trail cam.  I'm in. 

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
I have a number of the Bushnell Trophy Cams.  The make an Aggressor and an Essentials.  I have some of each.  They use 8 AA batts and the last a very long time.  I had a couple out through out the fall and all winter.  Still taking pictures this spring.  The also take very good pictures.

***I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.***

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
I bought a couple Browning's last year. I be really like the quality of the picture and the night vision. They were $89 at fleet farm last year.... I don't know what they are now. I put a set of batteries in them last fall, and they're still going.

I wonder how long they will last?
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
My oldest cam the Bushnell must be 10 or 12 years old.  Uses D batteries.  I use Energizers so 4 of them are about $10.  The last ones lasted a few weeks in this warm weather.  It's a goner.  Not buying anymore batteries for it.  Can't believe how long the new ones last.  Will be great.  Will have to get three eventually. 

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Buy the batteries on sale with rebate and they cost about a quarter each.  That's two bucks that can get you 20 to 30 thousand pictures. (day time)
***I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.***

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
THOUSAND?  Unreal.  That is going to be so great to not have batteries dead so often.  Actually excited to get new cams.