Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: oldest(not by age) active(kinda) member?  (Read 8273 times)

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
as long as there made in the USA!!!!!!!!!!!! NONE of this phillipines or tiwain stuff!!!!!!!! :tut: :tut:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
we did mno hats way back when... i think i still have mine somewhere.  Doug did the logo design.
yea it sure be nice if we had some nice USA made vented hats to buy!!!!!!!! :popcorn: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
I been working on it, but Doug is in Canada at the moment.
And, they probably won't be the mesh vented hat either  :mooning:

why not both styles??  just asking..
cause they'll probably be camo on 3 back panels and the front panel, a tan with the logo

that sounds very good!!  Thanks HD!!!
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
that does sound like a really good design!!!!!!!!! :happy1: :happy1: :happy1:

Offline Outdoors Junkie

• MNO Director
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • AKA "Outdoors Junkie"
Pat, Tim and Ryan

Pat also went by Spinach
Tim also went by Mayfly
Ryan was the IT guy who was responsible for building the original site
if i remember right, your being a bit modest OJ. unless i'm mistaken i believe you were also an intregal part of starting this site. not????????????? :scratch: :scratch:

I've been a volunteer staff member from that first year (2006) to the present. Tim became the sole owner of MNO a couple years in (2008 or 09). I purchased the site from Tim a couple years after that (so it could live on) and then the best owner bought it after that and built MNO into what it is today! We should all tip our caps to HD! He’s done a lot of great things and he provides this fun place for each of us to hang out! I know I continue to learn new things all the time from our awesome members!

« Last Edit: September 09/12/19, 05:32:39 PM by Outdoors Junkie »
www.mnoutdoorsman.com
Voted #1 Outdoors Website in MN

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline Outdoors Junkie

• MNO Director
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • AKA "Outdoors Junkie"
Dough did the logo design? Since OJ's from Spearfish SD, I'm guessing he took time off from being Williams and Ree's manager to found this site. :laugh:

;)

They did indeed meet here in Spearfish while at Black Hills State.
www.mnoutdoorsman.com

Offline Outdoors Junkie

• MNO Director
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • AKA "Outdoors Junkie"
I still have my MNO jacket.  :happy1:

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: September 09/12/19, 06:03:08 PM by Outdoors Junkie »
www.mnoutdoorsman.com

Offline Outdoors Junkie

• MNO Director
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • AKA "Outdoors Junkie"
How many of you remember when we tried expanding and had a home page of MidwestOutdoorsman.com?

I’m sure Lee remembers.

« Last Edit: September 09/12/19, 06:04:05 PM by Outdoors Junkie »
www.mnoutdoorsman.com

Offline Outdoors Junkie

• MNO Director
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • AKA "Outdoors Junkie"
Doug also designed a South Dakota Outdoorsman logo for me about 7 years ago. I tried to kickoff a website like we have at MNO but it never took off and I let the domain name go a couple years ago and someone I know bought it up.

I still have a South Dakota Outdoorsman Facebook page (if any of you want to give it a like the link is below). :)

https://www.facebook.com/South-Dakota-Outdoorsman-139421856125027/

Or if you haven't already liked HD's MN Outdoorsman Facebook page please do. The link is below:

https://www.facebook.com/minnesota.outdoorsman/

www.mnoutdoorsman.com

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
I remember the MWO days....I don't remember the jackets though  :scratch:

Both OJ and me, had the same vision for MNO....to keep it alive and get it to grow.
Let's just say, that there has been some "miscommunication" between the owners shifts...But, I do owe a BIG debt of gratitude to OJ for his friendship and understanding.

I do the best I can, because I fell in love with this site (just like OJ)....BUT! there has been days! and a HUGE learning curve!

I had to learn IT in a quick hurry to keep this site alive, and with the great help from my friend "the tech-guy" we keep it going.....
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I have said this before and I will say it again.  This site is a big part of my day.  Especially since I just retired I do miss the companionship of my buddies at work.  So you guys fill that need and I thank you HD, OJ, and whoever else put all of the work into this.   :happy1: :happy1: :happy1:

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Yah, I don't even look at any of the other sites anymore. Dis be da one. :happy1:
Hey look your bobber is up!

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
I still stop in over on FM/HSO from time to time, mostly to talk Twins & Vikings. I like to see how much trouble Del's gettin in over there too. ;) :rolleyes:  :laugh:  If not him Leech~~, Smurfy, & mike are usually lurkin 'round the corner somewhere too.  :smiley:

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
This is the only outdoor site I frequent anymore. With time becoming more at a premium I had to make some choices. The folks here have always been friendly and after a few incidents on other sites, the choice became a lot easier. 
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's
So, you refused to put ad signs on yer sheep, right?  ;)

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
This is the only outdoor site I frequent anymore. With time becoming more at a premium I had to make some choices. The folks here have always been friendly and after a few incidents on other sites, the choice became a lot easier. 
I must be an :angel: then ;), as I've never been in trouble....................................over there.  :tut:  :scratch: :doah: Oh wait :bonk:, pretty sure they know..........that I know glenn. :rolleyes: :rotflmao:
« Last Edit: September 09/13/19, 12:57:27 PM by Gunner55 »

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
I must be an :angel: then ;), as I've never been in trouble....................................over there.  :tut:  :scratch: :doah: Oh,wait :bonk:, pretty sure they know..........that I know glenn. :rolleyes: :rotflmao:
:pouty: :pouty: :doofus: :tut: :tut: :tut: :tut: :tut: :tut: :tut: :pouty: :pouty:

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
I still stop in over on FM/HSO from time to time, mostly to talk Twins & Vikings. I like to see how much trouble Del's gettin in over there too. ;) :rolleyes:  :laugh:  If not him Leech~~, Smurfy, & mike are usually lurkin 'round the corner somewhere too.  :smiley:

I check in over there once in a while...but for some reason they watch me like a hawk..... I fart, and they ask what I had for lunch.

I posted on a thread....and they commented..."are you looking for friends?" It had nothing to do with the conversation, and then all of a sudden... I have to have my posts approved...

Oh well.... Hitler didn't die in the bunker....
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I haven't looked over there for months.  Maybe a couple of years.  The next time you guys are over there use the word site.  They change it to page.  LOLOL  I used to love doing that. 

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's
I haven't looked over there for months.  Maybe a couple of years.  The next time you guys are over there use the word site.  They change it to page.  LOLOL  I used to love doing that. 

For even more fun, type the word "crap" over there....see what happens.  :whistling:  :rotflmao:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
 :rotflmao: :rotflmao:   So say something about some other crap site you looked at.  They would probably kick you off.....

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman

For even more fun, type the word "crap" over there....see what happens.  :whistling:  :rotflmao:

Some of that stuff is just default settings on your website....whatever type of format you download for your website, the defaults would be different.
BUT....it is able to me manipulated for whatever you want it to do (for the most part)

Ours is open, for the most part (cause it is a family orientated site...except for the saloon)

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline Realtree

• Master Outdoorsman
  • MNO Member #128
    • The "20" Rifle & Pistol Club and Straight River Archery Club
we did mno hats way back when... i think i still have mine somewhere.  Doug did the logo design.
yea it sure be nice if we had some nice USA made vented hats to buy!!!!!!!! :popcorn: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

cause they'll probably be camo on 3 back panels and the front panel, a tan with the logo

Still have my MNO cap and wear it frequently! We had a great group here at MNO "back in the day". I'm looking forward to exploring the current site and building relationships with those here supporting the site and each other! Scott (aka Realtree)
 :happy1:

« Last Edit: September 09/14/19, 12:56:20 PM by Scott »
The "20" Rifle & Pistol Club-Board Member
Straight River Archery Club-Board Member
Youth Archery Instructor
Archery enthusiast
Deer hunter
Coyote eradicator
Bow-fishing freshman

Offline Outdoors Junkie

• MNO Director
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • AKA "Outdoors Junkie"

Welcome back Scott!

Still have my MNO cap and wear it frequently! We had a great group here at MNO "back in the day". I'm looking forward to exploring the current site and building relationships with those here supporting the site and each other! Scott (aka Realtree)
 :happy1:
www.mnoutdoorsman.com