Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: corona pandemic~  (Read 503818 times)

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
so, i'll admit. i've been out of the loop pretty much since wed nite. i listened to the radio on the way home yesterday and the news at 10 last nite.

by the way i watches KSTP, #5 last nite, there weather lady, WREN is really a cutie!!!!!!! :sleazy: :sleazy: oh yea,  :pouty: was saying i though ti heard wisconsin set a new high for new cases, and i dont see Minnesota's case go down........................so is this dumbass mask mandate even working??????????????????????????????????????

maybe it'll take another week or so but...............me no think so............ also heard on the radio this morning this COVID stufff is gone in china???????? anyone else hear this????
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
thebway i see it. the virus escaped a level 4 bio lab, so why should these little cloth masks stop it.
2019 GRAND MASTER BUCK CHAMPION!!
2021 ICE FISHING MASTER CHAMPION
78.50"

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
thebway i see it. the virus escaped a level 4 bio lab, so why should these little cloth masks stop it.
Nailed it! :happy1:
Hey look your bobber is up!

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I see we are up to 4 now here in LOW County.  Probably go up faster now. 

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Probably. Heard that some workers at Sportsman's have it so they shut down temporarily.

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
One was a launch driver.  Nice guy too.

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman

Does it count as an escape if they dismissed all the guards, turned off the security cameras, imprisoned or executed all the witnesses, destroyed all the records, refused to disclose the event, and sent infected travelers all over the world?

Just sayin...   :mad1:

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
just maybe i should let this thread die and go away but, i just dont believe this mask mandate is working. :confused: i wear a mask to follow the rules going into stores, etc. even at our membership meeting thursday nite it was conducted with everyone wearing a mask.

BUT...... quiet frankly asi have been following the number of new cases are not going down, they are remaining stable and just an article in todays paper says the state and even in stearns county the number is going up???

so what am i missing here??????????????????? :doah: :scratch: :scratch:

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
With the latest blurb coming out of the WHO saying those who are asymptomatic aren't transmitting it and amazingly enough how quickly the press has buried that info, it becomes somewhat of a mystery as to why we're dicking around with masks. Interesting to see how the various states handled it on our recent Pro Farmer Crop Tour.

Starting in OH, they were pricks about it, even requiring masks be worn outside. Total BS. Indiana was cool about it. No one jumped your chit if you didn't remember to put it on. IL was the same as OH, snotty about it. Iowa, anything goes and no one gets worked up if you wear one or not. The last night of the Tour was in Rochester MN. People were by far the most nasty about it and most vocal if someone wasn't following protocol exactly. Someone went so far as to call corporate La Quinta and report some of our group who was gathered outside not wearing masks in a group having a few beers. Luckily the local management handled it well and didn't hassle anyone. They probably decided messing with some of those big dudes might not end well. It also might put La Quinta on a list of places we won't stay when we come back next year.

After I got home yesterday I found out that someone had squealed on Morgan's meat market because the employees in the back weren't wearing masks. Some of them wear glasses. Oh well, if their glasses fog up and they cut their fingers off at least they didn't get or spread COVID... :coffee:   
« Last Edit: August 08/22/20, 10:47:01 AM by Dotch »
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Here is what I don't understand. :scratch: :scratch: your feeling like crap, sick enough to go to the doctor. They tell you that you have an infection. You get meds to fight the infection

They tell you that you have a virus. Your told that the virus needs to run its course. You may get meds to reduce of lesson the affects if said virus.

And this Covid is a virus???? :scratch: :pouty:

And from there stories Reb has told, Rochester is full of nuts and fruitcakes anyway. :rotflmao:
« Last Edit: August 08/22/20, 10:47:59 AM by glenn57 »

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
And from there stories Reb has told, Rochester is full of nuts and fruitcakes anyway. :rotflmao:

and it's not just Cawchester either, they are everywhere!!  the nut cases are getting bolder... 
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
Dotch, that is the second local business I know that has gotten turned in.
Snitches are Bitches that end up in Ditches.

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Someone ratted on the Ellendale Casey's on I 35 a few weeks ago too. The employees at the one in NR just snarl at customers for not wearing masks. Another good reason for me stay out of that place. There's already a long list.  :rolleyes:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
Dotch, I don't believe a thing the WHO says.   

As for masks, just got back from up nort. where I came close to the first bar fight in my long life after I said something to the barmaid about not wearing a mask and some drunk guy started spouting stats at me.... 

I was just picking up a pizza so left peaceably after wishing the drunk guy a long and lingering death from pneumonia... :angry2:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
Dotch, I don't believe a thing the WHO says.   

As for masks, just got back from up nort. where I came close to the first bar fight in my long life after I said something to the barmaid about not wearing a mask and some drunk guy started spouting stats at me.... 

I was just picking up a pizza so left peaceably after wishing the drunk guy a long and lingering death from pneumonia... :angry2:
  the better question is how and what ya said.........   

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
 :doah:

and it's not just Cawchester either, they are everywhere!!  the nut cases are getting bolder...

I rest my case... :bonk: :doah:
« Last Edit: August 08/22/20, 04:18:22 PM by Dotch »

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
I'd pay good money to see Del in a bar fight. It be like the super bowl of bar fights. :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
I'm thinking that wearing a mask is like wearing a condom to the baby shower.... little to late.....?  :scratch:
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
The word around town is that another resort has been compromised with Covid.  A couple of people had tested positive in their home towns so they came up here to quarantine!  They did it in the bar and eating area of the resort for a few days.  What part of quarantine don't they understand.  Intelligence must be in short supply where they come from.

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Common sense :huh: :rolleyes:....................................................not so common anymore!!  :banghead: :bonk:                     
      :doofus: :tut: :pouty:
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
Common sense :huh: :rolleyes:....................................................not so common anymore!!  :banghead: :bonk:                     
      :doofus: :tut: :pouty:

and they let those suckers breed too!! :tut:

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
That is flat out stupid if that is true.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
People must be getting tired of all this stuff.  :confused: this past spring the wife and I signed up for the defensive driving course and then this crap hit and it was cancelled. The area high school has a community education organization that sends out a flyer advertising all kinds of different classes, defensive driving is ones of many.

Yesterday we got a new flyer with the class in it so hopefully we can get in. There not till December but.... 10% discount on ins to boot.

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
The nursing home my wife works at is in the midst of an outbreak. Several residents and staff have it, two deaths. So far she has tested negative but it has become very real here.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
it's like that here too... 

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Sorry to hear that, roony. Take care & hope the wife stays safe.
« Last Edit: August 08/29/20, 02:16:29 PM by Gunner55 »
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
That is scary.  I find it so hard to believe that some people just don't care.

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
No kidding,  hope all is well roony.  I posted before but tge young guys at work didn't care, sat on top of each either almost, some of them still don't mask up but sure like to play the " I think I was around someone that was positive " card over the weekend,  they'll ride this excuse for a long time not to work.. pukes.