Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: corona pandemic~  (Read 503375 times)

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
I almost wonder if the stores don't do some of their own "it may run out" things on Facebook to spur sales.  Otherwise why would toilet paper just run out?  We are still the same amount of people using it.

Yeah, a guy would think that.   Just like the gas shortages...  Everybody suddenly wanting to fill their tank/ stock up on TP wipes out (ha ha ) the inventory.....

Online fishwidow

• Master Outdoorsman
Strangely enough, there are a lot of tissue machines idled right now. The problem is that a major part of tissue demand is for away from home products. With people not traveling and eating at restaurants, bath tissue used at hotels and commercial establishments is not being consumed. With the restaurant trade down, napkin demand is down. People not working and working at home has also cut into the demand for the away from home products and increased demand for at home products. The machines that are idled were dedicated to those markets and it’s not as easy as it seems to convert them to run products for at home use.
The thought of running out of toilet paper caused increased retail sales which in turn led to more demand. A snowball effect.  Kind of like ammo shortages—as people stock up product on the shelves dwindles and the next shoppers see that and stock up, too.
On another Covid note, we found out last night that a former neighbor was diagnosed and transported to a hospital in the cities, and is on a ventilator. He’s in his 80s and has kidney issues, so it’s not sounding good.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
At the waite park costco when walking in they had a big billboard up with a listof out of stock and in stock items I thought wax pretty neat. Only 2 things at the time out of stock. Both there and cash wise didn't have any of the lysol type wipes of any brand.

Both the wife and I made a trip to the local grocery store and didn't notice anything out but she said there where limits in place. Me  :doofus: I didn't notice, I was on a mission for just one thing. :rotflmao:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Dang fishwidow, hope the best for your old neighbor. :happy1:

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
my best to your friend fishwidow... 
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online fishwidow

• Master Outdoorsman
Thanks, Mike and Glen. Makes you think. I know of a few people who have been exposed, and one that actually tested positive, but this is the only case where I personally know someone hospitalized and on a ventilator. I guess his exposure was at church.

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Yes good luck to your friend.  I have a friend that is trying to get over it and he has other health issues.  I do have a friend that died from it too.  It is not a joke as many still think.  Too bad.

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
Yes good luck to your friend.  I have a friend that is trying to get over it and he has other health issues.  I do have a friend that died from it too.  It is not a joke as many still think.  Too bad.

I've heard no one say it's a joke..  I hear more complaining about politics than any thing.....  just my 2 cents...............

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

I've heard no one say it's a joke..  I hear more complaining about politics than any thing.....  just my 2 cents...............
:happy1: yep pretty much.

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Yup I know what you are saying. 

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Took the warden to Mankato grocery shopping. Toilet paper was all wiped out as a manner of speaking. People are getting in the hoarding mood again.

TP was sure rolling out of Costco this week.   
:scratch: Our little Fareway & Hy Vee's shelves are well stocked down here, there has been a limit on it for ~ a week already though. Could be that there's so many more people full of c#%p up there, especially around St Cloud. :confused:                              ;) :rolleyes: :laugh: :laugh:
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Took the warden to Mankato grocery shopping. Toilet paper was all wiped out as a manner of speaking. People are getting in the hoarding mood again.

TP was sure rolling out of Costco this week.   
:scratch: Our little Fareway & Hy Vee's shelves are well stocked down here, there has been a limit on it for ~ a week already though. Could be that there's so many more people full of c#%p up there, especially around St Cloud. :confused:                              ;) :rolleyes: :laugh: :laugh:
:mooning: :mooning: :mooning: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Hey look your bobber is up!

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qtjceaknzHQ

Ray Stevens doing it again!!  very good!!   :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
this is both confusing and frustrating. on nov 8th my wife went for the covid test. about 5 days later through the my chart process she was notified she was negative.

yesterday in the mail she got a letter from the centracare network. it was dated nov 20th. it basiclly said that she tested negative, BUT the dates are nowheres even close to the actual dates of the events as they occurred. the letter said she was tested on nov 18th.

how is anyone supposed to believe anything regarding this virus!!!!!!! :crazy: :confused: :surrender: :surrender: :doah:

Online dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
There will be books written for years to come about this. Some will detail the virus and it's results. Others will detail the fraud and other despicable aspects of this fiasco.

This will make the Kennedy conspiracy look like a bedtime story.
TIP line: ​ 800-652-9093

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
so yesterday i found out from  my son my daughter, his twin sister got the rona. she works at the st cloud hospital. the little sheet she is didnt tell anybody. it sounds as though if i understood it right, they may have found it through tracing but not sure. she had lost her smell and tasty and an acky body was it for symptoms.

i guess some guy came to her floor, admitted he had the rona, they were both wearing masks in the conversation. he told her that when he came in to the hospital he said he thought he also had pnemonia and sent him up to her floor she was working. she proceeded to send him elsewhere?????

my ghist her i guess, when she went and talked to the higher ups and why and how she got it, the hospitals explaination was....... it slows the spread but wont stop you from getting the rona!!!!!!! :scratch: :doah: :doofus: :doofus: :doofus:

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
what a world we live in now Glenn!!  just sayin....  good luck to her!!

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
She must be cleared to work. She told me she had to work yesterday, for double time.

Offline The General

• MNO Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Smackdown King
Best of luck Glenn to you and your family. 
Eastwood v. Wayne Challenge Winner 2011

The Boogie Man may check his closet for John Wayne but John Wayne checks under his bed for Clint Eastwood

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
I'm worried about the 90 year old lady down the block.   Basically takes no precautions, still goes to in person church, out with her cronies, has family events...   Now her daughter got covid...  So I'm waiting to see what happens.   First in their family.

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
That doesn't sound good Del. 

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
I bet from the point of view from the lady in her 90s is she just wants to live the rest of her life the way she wants to. Almost like living in a free country.

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
that's my take to Jb.........

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
A lot of the older farm folks around here are like that JB. They figured out long ago they're not immortal. They're more concerned about the here and now than the hereafter.

Neighbor to the south is under quarantine. A friend of his daughter from school exposed the family so there hasn't been a lot traffic in and out other than feeding cattle down there. I'm more concerned about the grandma who has been feeding them. The guy's wife sits on her butt, doesn't clean the house much & cooks very little. The grandma fed the operation thru harvest. She lost her husband earlier this fall & she is totally selfless. I hope for the grandkids' sake she is careful.   
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)