Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: corona pandemic~  (Read 504015 times)

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
sounds great GT!!! 
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
 :happy1: good news!
TIP line: ​ 800-652-9093

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
Wear your mask..... 😷
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
lol i know what ya mean...
2019 GRAND MASTER BUCK CHAMPION!!
2021 ICE FISHING MASTER CHAMPION
78.50"

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline GrandpaTom

• Master Outdoorsman
Wear your mask..... 😷
Thanks...I stole this one for my face book friends to have a laugh.

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Hospitalizations are down nearly 50% from this same time last month according to the IDPH so the governor has lifted the restrictions on bars & restaurants effective today. Back to normal business hours, at least until 1/8. :happy1: :cool:
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Lookie what we got!  :doah:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline GrandpaTom

• Master Outdoorsman
Just sitting there waiting.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
Meanwhile, a town like Bemidji will have more people go in and out of Target & Walmart in 1 day then people that would eat in a sit down restaurant.

To say Walz's thinking is strange would be a understatement. Why not limit in house seating to 50% or even 25% to give those poor owners a chance.

How would you like to be the guy who on Jan 1 2020 plunked down your life savings, mortgaged your house & talked your wife into buying a bar or restaurant?

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
the bar in Long Prairie did just that dutch, bought it after the first shut down and I agree with ya...  no one is being forced to go there when they are open.. 

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
We had a bar in cold spring, same way. Young couple bought it then Walz shut it all down.

And I agree, it should be my choice.

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Albert Lea’s The Interchange defies governor’s order, reopens for in-person dining

An Albert Lea business reopened for in-person dining on Wednesday in defiance of state COVID-19 restrictions on bars and restaurants.

Lisa Hanson, owner of The Interchange Wine & Coffee Bistro in downtown Albert Lea, said at the start of the pandemic when the state closed down restaurants, it was supposed to be for two weeks, but that has turned into nine months of either closures or restrictions.

“We’re basically out of money,” said Hanson, who has owned the business for seven years. “It’s either we open up now and maybe survive or we’re going to end up closing our doors permanently because we just can’t survive on being shut down — it doesn’t work.”

Hanson said about 95% of her business comes from customers who dine in at the restaurant. When dining in was restricted for restaurants, she said they did everything they could do to make up the difference — offering delivery, curbside pickup and online ordering — but it wasn’t enough.

“We were losing money on a daily basis,” she said.

She estimated the business has lost about 60 to 90% of its revenue at different periods throughout the year and has had to let go seven to eight employees.

“We have cut every expense, we’ve minimized everywhere we can,” she said. “Even with the loans and the grants. It hasn’t been enough.”

She said the business received $39,000 in loans and grants, including the paycheck protection program loan, a county grant and a state grant. It applied for an additional one but did not qualify for it. Those funds — and more — have been spent.

“We have to be able to do what we do to survive,” she said.

The bistro opened at its typical time at 7:30 a.m. Wednesday, and at about 9 or 10 a.m. she said there were people lined up to the door and beyond. The line didn’t die down until about 3 1/2 or four hours later.

Hanson said a big portion of those customers were sitting down and dining in.

“Everyone that’s come in today has been nothing but support,” she said, noting people have said they are praying for them and hope other businesses follow suit with what she has done. “The support was overwhelming.”

While she does have some fears about reopening, she said she has done her research and gotten information from other groups she belongs to. She knows the risks and simply hopes it can be a launching pad for other businesses that have been shut down.

“This is about more than us,” she said. “It’s about more than The Interchange and the staff here. This is about more than just Albert Lea, Minnesota. It’s about more than Minnesota. … This is about our American liberties and freedoms. It’s time we are allowed as responsible adults, hardworking U.S. citizens, to start making some of our own decisions again as far as our businesses are concerned.”

She said Gov. Tim Walz’s announcement Wednesday to extend the pause on restaurants and bars for in-person dining was confirmation to her that she did the right thing by opening back up.

She encouraged other businesses who have been closed to reopen for in-person dining if they can and to band together and be one voice to let the governor know they need to be open for business.

She said Walz needs to pay attention to the people in the state and remember that he works for the people.

“He needs to hear our voice today and tomorrow and the next day and the next day,” she said.

Hanson said the business will maintain its regular hours from 7:30 to 3 p.m. Mondays through Fridays and from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Saturdays. It is looking to also be open one evening a week.
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Yeah, it will be interesting to see how Waltzie responds to this one, with a growing number of bars and restaurants in open defiance. 

He saved himself when he didn't re-impose any restrictions on places of worship.  I'm pretty sure church leaders told him they wouldn't comply and he listened.  Apparently its a bad look for the state's Attorney General to sue churches.

He reversed course on health clubs.  And if he can rationalize that, I don't know why he can't see fit to relax restrictions again for bars and restaurants.  He has chosen to draw battle lines for a fight both sides will lose.

:popcorn:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Damn Dotch, nuttin but a bunch of helliants down your way. :pouty: :rotflmao:

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Regarding outdoor dining work-around...  I've seen a couple of outdoor dining tents pop up.

Goodness knows most of our policy decisions are NOT based on rational science facts, so...

Who else here feels you might be more likely to catch covid in a cold, closed, outdoor tent than you would be inside of a warm, ventilated building?   :scratch:

Hell, I don't know.  I'm just asking.  :confused:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
That was on the early Austin news today, it showed customers lined up out the door.
« Last Edit: December 12/17/20, 11:54:52 AM by Gunner55 »
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
My wife works in downtown Albert's Leaf. Called over there for takeout yesterday and no answer. Called again & same result so she walked down there to see what was going on. TV trucks, reporters, etc. all over the place.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Yea and that fruitcake Ellison will be filing a lawsuit by 2 on today. :confused: :rotflmao:

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Yea and that fruitcake Ellison will be filing a lawsuit by 2 on today. :confused: :rotflmao:

ATTORNEY GENERAL KEITH ELLISON SAYS HE WILL HOLD RESTAURANTS/BARS VIOLATING THE GOVERNORS EXECUTIVE ORDER ACCOUNTABLE

Minnesota Attorney General Keith Ellison announced that his office will hold accountable establishments that are serving food and beverages on premises today in open violation of Governor Tim Walz’s Executive Order 20-99. Attorney General Ellison issued the following statement:

“My job and my duty is to protect Minnesotans. People like to ask, what is the Attorney General going to do? What they should be asking is, what is coronavirus going to do? Coronavirus is deadly and it’s continuing to spread: it doesn’t care who you are or where you live, where you work or where you let off steam. You’re not immune from it and your loved ones aren’t either. No one is."

“... I don’t enjoy using the enforcement tools I have, but I will use them to hold violators accountable and keep Minnesotans safe."

Except in the case where folks were packing churches for George Floyd memorials in violation governor executive orders.
The hypocrisy, double-standards, lack of logic, and common sense exercised by politicians is REALLY getting old.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
and there it is... 

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

ATTORNEY GENERAL KEITH ELLISON SAYS HE WILL HOLD RESTAURANTS/BARS VIOLATING THE GOVERNORS EXECUTIVE ORDER ACCOUNTABLE

Minnesota Attorney General Keith Ellison announced that his office will hold accountable establishments that are serving food and beverages on premises today in open violation of Governor Tim Walz’s Executive Order 20-99. Attorney General Ellison issued the following statement:

“My job and my duty is to protect Minnesotans. People like to ask, what is the Attorney General going to do? What they should be asking is, what is coronavirus going to do? Coronavirus is deadly and it’s continuing to spread: it doesn’t care who you are or where you live, where you work or where you let off steam. You’re not immune from it and your loved ones aren’t either. No one is."

“... I don’t enjoy using the enforcement tools I have, but I will use them to hold violators accountable and keep Minnesotans safe."

Except in the case where folks were packing churches for George Floyd memorials in violation governor executive orders.
The hypocrisy, double-standards, lack of logic, and common sense exercised by politicians is REALLY getting old.

and there is these restaurant and bar owners defense argument  :happy1:

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
Good read DOTCH good for this gal and her business she is spot on.

As far as the wife beater ellison goes,what do you expect from a radical muslim pos and his racist blm low life son who spews B.S because he feels entitled and relevant because of his no good father.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
went over to my local watering hole got one of their specialty burgers and 1/2 rack of ribs, for a couple meals..  at least I can do that... was  thinking about a food truck but this crap doesn't affect them so went to the bar instead..  darn good burger for lunch!!!  ribs tomorrow!!!   :happy1:

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman

Amen Steve-O. These two clowns keep this crap up and they'll see protests out here hopefully of a less destructive nature and more to the point than in Mpls. Watch their double standard play out then. Outside dining? Keeping elementary schools open in exchange for keeping bars and restaurants shut down? Good grief! Talked to a restaurant proprietor yesterday and he said that in order to qualify for this latest state aid program, you had to be in good standing with the IRS and the MN Dept. of Revenue. Said he'd filed the sales tax reports but due to the shutdown, had been unable to pay them. A lot of restaurants in the same boat. What then?    :doah:  :angry:
« Last Edit: December 12/17/20, 01:21:52 PM by Dotch »

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman

We learned from the very best union thugs. Remember P-9?  ;)
« Last Edit: December 12/17/20, 01:23:41 PM by Dotch »

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman

We learned from the very best union thugs. Remember P-9?  ;)
yes I do remember them... 

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
All Walz had to do was say....." While we will allow restaurants to open on a very limited basis we urge all Minnesotans to observe mask and distancing policies."

Simple, direct. Makes it each individuals choice. But along with that they need to stop the flow of cash. If you aren't collecting taxes from the business you killed how do you expect to finance these programs?

Last week the state committed $216 million dollars.
Currently the feds are pondering a 9 BILLION dollar bail out bill. That's on top of what's already been spent.

Contrary to popular beliefs the money will at some point run out.