Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: first brisket!!  (Read 5529 times)

Online Cooperman

• Master Outdoorsman
Next week I’ll be smoking a full packer brisket. I normally do briskets in my Cookshack, but I bought a Pit Barrel Cooker last year, so I’m going to give that a try. I’ll try and post the cook.

Online Scenic

• Master Outdoorsman
Looks and sounds great !!   

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Looks awesome. I am going to have to do that some day.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
yu will not regretbnb it!
2019 GRAND MASTER BUCK CHAMPION!!
2021 ICE FISHING MASTER CHAMPION
78.50"

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
I've wanted to do that, looking at the briskets at Costco.  Not sure what I would do with all that meat.   Does it freeze?   Or maybe I could cut it in half and only do half at a time..

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I have wondered that too.  Would be fun to do a big piece of meat but it is only the two of us.  Would have to freeze it and then use it later.  Maybe in meal sized pkg vac packs. 

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
if it's to big cut into usable sizes, and yes it can be froze...  I know a fella who has a BBQ truck and hr freezes his extras....   
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
inhad my brisket cut into 2 pieces, it was a 15 lb brisket. and by the time the one half was done, it was half the size from when ot was raw. so theirs shrinkage. half a brisket would give 2 and great meal with leftovers for a day or two. slice it for a french dip sand which or fajitas or phylli cheesensteak
78.50"

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
inhad my brisket cut into 2 pieces, it was a 15 lb brisket. and by the time the one half was done, it was half the size from when ot was raw. so theirs shrinkage. half a brisket would give 2 and great meal with leftovers for a day or two. slice it for a french dip sand which or fajitas or phylli cheesensteak

If 7 or 8 pounds of meat does you and her meal for a couple days, y'all eat way more than we do...

Online Cooperman

• Master Outdoorsman
Ya, The edible yield of a whole packer brisket (untrimmed) is 45-50%. In addition to what Boar mentioned, you can cut the point from the flat during the wrap, and make burnt ends. You can find whole briskets in the 8-10 lb. weight.

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
we grow em big up here, delhoolio!
78.50"