Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Hello. And Swish Rod help please  (Read 3946 times)

Offline Montanafreak

Thank you for letting me on the forum. I need advice from the state with the most ice fishermen. I love Swish Rods maybe it’s nostalgia. A few years ago before they closed up for the second time I purchased 10 rods. 4 small and 6 large or regular. I’ve never been able to find a suitable solution to carry them on to the ice in my flip over. I don’t usually use a four wheeler so mounting them there is out. The cover prohibits me from mounting them to the tub. And building a huge heavy case that fits those big reels seems silly. What has anyone found to carry them in so they are protected but is still reasonably weight and size conscious? Any help would be appreciated.

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
welcome to the forum!!! boy not zactly sure what yu have. are these ice fishing rods and reels yu have? if so i think most of us use a standars store bought case. the one i have is light weight but not space freindly. some uae buckets to carry in. cause they dont have alot invested. just low end rigs that do the job jist fine. i care more about my electronic that i do my rods. and i have a few customs i had built.
not much help here i guesse
2019 GRAND MASTER BUCK CHAMPION!!
2021 ICE FISHING MASTER CHAMPION
78.50"

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
Like boar said welcome to the forum. :happy1: :happy1:

Also as boar said  :scratch: nor sure what swish rods are? Shorter winter rods or longer summer rods.

A popular rod case guys use are otter boxes. I know some use cheaper archery arrow cases.
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
I just got a eagle claw ice rod case.
Instead of having the reels dangling down, you could have them lay flat. Depending on how many you have, but I think it would work. Plus, you'd have room for tackle storage.
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!