Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Just a question...  (Read 2492 times)

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
Who the  :censored: is Chris Hawkey  (or hockey) ?
(Not sure how his name is spelled)
His name is being thrown out there on commercials, and I have no idea who this joker is...  :scratch:
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Offline GrandpaTom

• Master Outdoorsman
Chris Hawkey, the self-described luckiest man in the world, was born and raised In Union City, a small town that rests on the state-line that separates Ohio from Indiana. He spent his youth competing in a wide variety of sports while dreaming of seeing the world through the windows of a tour bus. Having joined his first band at the age of 15, Chris began his pursuit of “the dream” while still in high school, playing “every bar and city festival within a 100 mile radius."

After graduating from Mississinawa Valley High School, Chris attended a broadcasting school in Dayton, Ohio with the idea of pursuing a career in radio while continuing to chase his musical dreams. The radio business would take him from Ohio to Indiana to Virginia, and then to his current home state of Minnesota. It would also lead him to Kim, his wife of 22 years with whom he has two children, Alex and Abigail. As his broadcasting career flourished, Hawkey continued to perform with various bands on evenings and weekends while also releasing two well-received solo rock records in the early 2000s.

In 2001, Chris was hired to co-host and produce the Power Trip Morning Show on KFAN. The morning show has become the number one rated morning show in the Twin Cities and one of the top rated in the United States. Hawkey also produces the radio broadcast of Minnesota Vikings and is a regular contributor to the Vikings Entertainment Network. Chris is also a frequent champion for kids based charities across the midwest and is well known for giving generously of his time and talents to the community.

In addition to his successful radio show, Chris is the leader of the Chris Hawkey Band that performs across the Midwest with his special brand of music he calls “North Country.” The Chris Hawkey Band has released 6 albums. In addition, in early 2020, Chris debuted a new music brand “Hawk” releasing two hard rock songs.

In April 2020, Chris expanded on his ability to entertain with the release of his first audio book, “Possibilities Lined In Chalk.”  A fictional story based in the early 1980s, "Possibilities Lined in Chalk" is a look back at life in a small midwestern town as seen through the eyes of a football obsessed teenager. The audio book is available now Possibilities Lined in Chalk.

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Good guy.  He is on KFAN a lot. 

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
I'll disagree on the most popular morning radio show. :tut: :pouty:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
He is a good guy but that show can be hard to follow.  I agree with that.  I hate it when radio personalities interrupt each other.  Then you can hear nothing. 

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
only see him on TV
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
I only listen to him when we play the initials game on Friday mornings. See him on TV. Otherwise knew nothing about the guy until after reading some of this stuff.  :scratch:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
I'm far to old to think his radio show is any good. They are a bunch of guys playing to the 16-30 demographic. They all think everything said is funny. His music might be OK I dunno.

I guess I don't care about him one way or another.
TIP line: ​ 800-652-9093

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
I used to listen to ESPN's Mike and Mike in the morning, but ESPN screwed that up.

I struggle to listen to KFAN in the morning because of all the childishness and bathroom humor.  You are right, it is unlisten-able when they start talking over each other.  And I don't care about their personal obsessions and enlightened attitudes.

The exception is Chris Hawkey.  He has real radio talent.  It is a shame the station wastes his talent on that garbage morning show.  But numbers don't lie, and in the key demographics that attract the advertisers that pay the bills, the Power Trip Morning Show is #1 in the Twin Cities.  (That doesn't say much about the Twin Cities, does it?  :scratch:)

P.S. "Superstar" Mike Morris - ex-Vikings long snapper, who started the Power Trip Morning show had some radio chops too.  But KFAN screwed that up too.  Once they got rid of Mike and the show was dominated by arrogant, condescending Corey Cove and punching bag Meatsauce and I had to stop listening.

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
 :rotflmao: i know i'm gonna get crap for this but most already know i am a huge KQRS fan. both the morning show and the music they play all day long. and you can love the guy or hate him.......i know i do.........but since Tommy started basiclly the morning show(s) as we all hear now, it seems like every somewhat popular radio show tries to duplicate what Barnard started years ago....and to me its not even good.

not to mention, in my opinion, they have had some really good radio personalities with him on the morning show.

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
I guess I don't listen to the radio much. The commutting time back and forth is about it. And the times I'm driving there are no talk shows on.
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
When Cannon went off the air I lost interest. Sorta like when Johnny Carson left late night TV.  :sad:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
long ago  it was "Paul Harvey" over the dinner hour (lunch for city folk) it was harvey or the hog report on the only am channel we could get.

Online dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
I'm a big radio guy. Mostly it's XM radio these days. I listen to the local I-Falls station for maybe a 1/2 hour a day.
I also was a big K-Fan listener until they dropped Morris. Then I quit listening to the morning show, can't stand Paul Allen so I never listened to that. I would get a big laugh out of Common Man. Everybody thinks he is a idiot but he tapped into a set of people who love his humor. I'll listen to Barreirro if i'm in town.

WCCO has completely gone off the rails. Unless it's a game I won't even tune in anymore.
TIP line: ​ 800-652-9093

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
:rotflmao: i know i'm gonna get crap for this but most already know i am a huge KQRS fan. both the morning show and the music they play all day long. and you can love the guy or hate him.......i know i do.........but since Tommy started basiclly the morning show(s) as we all hear now, it seems like every somewhat popular radio show tries to duplicate what Barnard started years ago....and to me its not even good.

not to mention, in my opinion, they have had some really good radio personalities with him on the morning show.

Since glenn told me Kqueers brought back a couple old employee's like Tony... I tune in every morning on my way to town KQ  seems better than couple years ago when they dumped trainy  and brycee...TB is alot better,or so it seem's maybe being on the wagon help's but still miss the old bit's like "talk with tok" was a goodie and the middle eastern guy bits was dang funny but I'm sure these bits offended some,then TB offended the somali folks,remember when they protested at the radio station? funny stuff,pretty sure that's why TB carries today,he has made enemies,they need more bit's tho,uncle burnzy was the best...

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
I'm a big radio guy. Mostly it's XM radio these days. I listen to the local I-Falls station for maybe a 1/2 hour a day.
I also was a big K-Fan listener until they dropped Morris. Then I quit listening to the morning show, can't stand Paul Allen so I never listened to that. I would get a big laugh out of Common Man. Everybody thinks he is a idiot but he tapped into a set of people who love his humor. I'll listen to Barreirro if i'm in town.

WCCO has completely gone off the rails. Unless it's a game I won't even tune in anymore.

I haven't listened to WCCO since I stopped riding in the back seat of the car with my parents.

What is 'CCO's deal now; going off the rails?

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Had to go to the search here but thought I remembered Chris Hawkey being brought up a while back. Well I just got done listening to him jam/ sing for 3 hours. That dude is one hell of a singer.

He is a lead singer in the fabulous armadillos. Damn they are a good band!! :happy1:

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
it is getting old all the TV ads he's on..  just sayin.... 

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
it is getting old all the TV ads he's on..  just sayin....
:scratch: :scratch: guess I don't recognize him in TV ads, maybe now that I've actually seen him I might.  :scratch: but that guy can belt out the tunes and is damn good at it too

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman