Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: 2021 canning and pickling season  (Read 15210 times)

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
the tomatoes i've bought came from becks on hwy 10 north of elk river and bob and judy's just out of monticello, they grow there own...along with a whole lot of other garden stuff for sale. they get shipped from there field up to there store front!!

that bob and judy's went out of business. i heard the guy passed away. i really liked that place!!!!!!!!!
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's
I've bought 'mater's from the "farm trucks" and one orchard veggie place. None were that great, IMO. Asked every one of 'em "what variety tomatoes are these?" All answered "I'm not sure"... :rolleyes:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Just told the wife and Early Girls it is if we can find them.  We only plant 6 plants. Want to make your pickled green ones too Glenn.

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Glenn turns kinda greenish when he gets pickled, too.  :rotflmao:

Wally world sells the Bonnie Early girls, Barry. That's where I always got mine.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
We have a nice greenhouse in Williams that we go to.  BUT if you are too late you don't have as much of choice of course.  We will get on it earlier this year. 

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
I planted a variety (by mistake) this year, these are ripe when they turn orange. They are tasty, and kinda midrange.... not to meaty, great BLT 🍅
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
I planted a variety (by mistake) this year, these are ripe when they turn orange. They are tasty, and kinda midrange.... not to meaty, great BLT 🍅
aren't those less acid if I remember correctly?? 
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
aren't those less acid if I remember correctly??
Not sure Mikey
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
With my smaller garden the small Roma plants work great. Last year I had an early girl with the roma's and it grew enormous, 
smothered several other plants. I should have pinched it off like Ken mentioned earlier in the year. Having a different variety is a good option.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
With my smaller garden the small Roma plants work great. Last year I had an early girl with the roma's and it grew enormous, 
smothered several other plants. I should have pinched it off like Ken mentioned earlier in the year. Having a different variety is a good option.
:pouty: make a bigger garden. :evil: :rotflmao:

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Why? The 32 plants plus 24' of trellis is plenty for us.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
:rotflmao: why not.
:scratch:  :rolleyes: 'Cuz then he'd be a little more like you!!  :bonk: :doah:                   ;) :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
:scratch:  :rolleyes: 'Cuz then he'd be a little more like you!!  :bonk: :doah:                   ;) :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Yea, so?   :rotflmao: :bonk:  Glenn wanted me to say that.
« Last Edit: October 10/04/21, 07:43:57 AM by Rebel SS »

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman

Yea, so?   :rotflmao: :bonk:  Glenn wanted me to say that.
:tut:    :scratch: :shocked: :doah:                    ;) :laugh: :laugh:

Offline KEN W

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Conservative on some things...Liberal on others."

32 tomato plants. Really??
Conservative on some things.....Liberal on others.....Sane most of the time.

Only the best Packers get to be Vikings.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

and i thought i planted alot of tomatoes with 20!!!!!

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman

Just 5 tomato plants out of the 32.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
whats the rest.......zookini!!!!!!!!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
We have 5 or 6 up here most years. Not sure if the BER had anything to do with it but we're still getting tomatoes too. Just picked 5, they're all smaller now & are taking longer to ripen but with this nice weather who knows :scratch: how much  longer they'll go. :crazy: :confused: