Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Outdoors organizations.  (Read 1791 times)

Offline tangle tooth

• Master Outdoorsman
I've been a member of Trout Unlimited for some time now. I think maybe it's time I join another outdoors group or organization or two.
My outdoors fun is different kinds of fishing, mostly with a fly rod unless I'm chasing catfish. My hunting is rabbit, squirrel and pheasant, mostly.
What groups do you belong to and do you think those groups are doing much of what their mission statement claims?
Thanks.
I wonder. Does Darth Vader have a sister named Ella? Bet she has her ups and downs.

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
Im a founding memer of Road king mafia, member if bad ass baggers, d school choppers and indian larry fan club. Yes i ride. My hunting consists of Bear hunting. I deer hunt in a way but just set my family up to hunt while i nap. This is the only outdoor site im on.  Only one that matters tome.all these guys are the best the outdoors offers!!
2019 GRAND MASTER BUCK CHAMPION!!
2021 ICE FISHING MASTER CHAMPION
78.50"

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
I been a life member of North American Hunting Club since the early 90s. Sometimes I am a member of the Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation. Some years I forget to renew. And like Boar this is the only outdoor forum that I am on too.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
This is my favorite site.  I visit Walleye Central now and then.  I have been a member of the Turkey Federation, Ducks Unlimited and a few others over the years but not active any longer. 

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
Ducks Unlimited & MDHA for me
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
I am a life member of North American Hunting Club, Minnesota Deer Hunters Association, Turn in Poachers (T.I.P.) and through MDHA Friends of Sherburne National Wildlife Refuge. I also annually renew memberships with National Wild Turkey Federation and Proper Economic Resource Management (P.E.R.M.). I'm not too sure what the North American Hunting Club is doing lately however, in the past it migrated towards advertising products.  T.I.P. is doing lots of good things to help support DNR enforcement and education (They now have 3-4 Wall of Shame trailers that are displayed at various outdoor events).  I'm most involved with MDHA and strongly believe in their mission statement.

MDHA MISSION STATEMENT:
"FOR FREE RANGE WHIETAIL ENTHUIASTS SEEKING TO PRESERVE AND/OR ENHANCE DEER HUNTING OPPORTUNITIES, MDHA IS THE LEADING VOICE OF THE MN DEER HUNTER THAT STRENGTHENS OUTDOOR EXPERIENCES AND OPPORTUNITIES THROUGH HABITAT, EDUCATION, ADVOCACY AND LEGISLATION (H.E.A.L.) GUARANTEEING THE FUTURE OF DEER HUNTING FOR ALL"

***I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.***

Offline Leech~~

• Master Outdoorsman
Cooking over a open fire is all fun and games until someone losses a wiener!

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
Life member of North American Hunting club and MDHA. Viking Sportsmen (local to Alex area), RMEF, DU, Mantrap Conservation Club and NRA.

Thanks deadeye for posting MDHA's mission statement. I also enjoy being part of that group and spend a lot of my free time doing hides, banquets locally along with being a regional director and membership chairman for the statewide part of the organization. :happy1: :happy1:
mm

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
I used to belong to a few but  I'd go broke if I joined every organization I believe in, so I don't do any
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
I used to belong to DU and now belong to TU.  In terms of advocacy, I think both groups do a good job at protecting wetlands and waterways essential for wildlife.

I think I have a sticker in a drawer someplace that says I'm a lifetime member of the North American Hunting Club, but I never sent them nothing.  And somewhere down the line a buddy gave me a set of books they published.  I don't think that counts.

I just googled NAHC and saw that folks in 2017 were pissed off that they stopped publishing their magazine and other saw some posts to indicate that NAHC had been sold from one buyer to the next a couple of times.  I have nothing to base an opinion on, but it sounds like these guys were more about making money than protecting wildlife and hunting.

If you have evidence to the contrary, I'm willing to listen.

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Still a DU member. They donated some $ way back to the wetland restoration project at the ranch. I collect the little duck decoy knickknacks. Was a PF member for many years. Sponsorship was getting too spendy and I tire quickly of banquets & particularly banquet food. PF also was gung ho for Dayton's buffer strip program. Still a land grab. Now we have buffer strips where water would have to run uphill to get into the drainage ditches and streams. Swell. :rolleyes:   
« Last Edit: December 12/13/21, 10:29:28 AM by Dotch »
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)