Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: FFL QUESTION  (Read 2422 times)

Online Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
If i ship a hand gun to anotjer state, do i have to be present to pick it up or can i have some pick it up
2019 GRAND MASTER BUCK CHAMPION!!
2021 ICE FISHING MASTER CHAMPION
78.50"

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
First off I have no clue as to any rules regarding shipping handguns, but why would you need to be at that out of state address if you've addressed it to another individual??? :scratch: :scratch:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
Is there anything illegal about sending it in a hollowed out book?

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
If i ship a hand gun to anotjer state, do i have to be present to pick it up or can i have some pick it up

I had a hand gun shipped and purchased from a different state. It needs to be sent to a registered FFL.
If it's going to be registered to you, you have to be present to do the back round check.
If it's going to be registered to someone else, they need to be present to do the back round check.

The FFL will not release the firearm to just anyone, if they did, they would be liable.
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman

So what is the rest of the story???

Online Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
Just a questionf from a disxussion
78.50"

Online Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
What if one agrees tonsell asaid hand gun andransfer woner ship to individual in anotjer state
78.50"

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
I guess I'm not following you...
Is this a gun being bought by one individual through a FFL then privately transferred ownership to another individual in a different state?
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Online Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
Lol. I can see why. My understand is  a fire arm can be sent thru common carrier if its addressed to one'sself, and in C/O name and address of destination. Like for hunting. If destination opens said package then they must tranfer ownership at a ffl shop
This is all just discussion
78.50"

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
Yeah, like I said, I bought a gun from a dude in Pennsylvania. He shipped it, for me, at my expense to a FFL shop of my choosing. I lined it up with the FFL and told him it was coming. When it arrived, I went there, filled out the paperwork and waited to get cleared for the background check. (Which sometimes it takes a couple hours) Once I got the green light, I paid the FFL his fee, and took my new toy home.

I thought you were talking about someone picking up a gun for someone else in a different state.

Either way, the paperwork & check would have to be done.....or it wouldn't be legal, especially hand guns.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Lol. I can see why. My understand is  a fire arm can be sent thru common carrier if its addressed to one'sself, and in C/O name and address of destination. Like for hunting. If destination opens said package then they must tranfer ownership at a ffl shop
This is all just discussion
:pouty: :pouty: :pouty: :doah: :doah: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :doofus: :doofus: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Online Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
Wats yur deal?
78.50"

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
I think if it is private party to private party it would not need to go thru an FFL. Correct? Only dealer to private party needs to go thru FFL. I am no expert.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Wats yur deal?
all this just because you had a conversation about it???

I'm making up  lost time jerking your chain!!👍

Online Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
This good conversation info here to putzwagon!
78.50"

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
I think if it is private party to private party it would not need to go thru an FFL. Correct? Only dealer to private party needs to go thru FFL. I am no expert.

Yup, private party to private party is not needed.....but, nowa days, I would get a copy of the permit to purchase just to cover yur ass!

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
Also, The boyfriend law went into effect to were you can't buy a hand gun for someone else that is a felon.