Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: incoming weather  (Read 183070 times)

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
83 today and for the next week all in the 70's.   :happy1: :happy1:
:happy1: :happy1:  yep.just gotta get through today and tomorrow.......there's some much moisture in the air this morning, my grill cover is soaking wet!!!!! :pouty:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Humidity is only 68% here & that's quite mellow for this time-of-day for us lately.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Was downright pleasant this a.m. at 64. Looks like the heat and humidity are back over the weekend as it starts to slide into a more early September-like temperature pattern.
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
a bit earlier i went out and finished picking and pulling my dill.........its pretty butt ugly out there............ish!!!!!

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Not bad at all here.  Breezy and 80 but doesn't feel like it.  I am not kidding fall is in the air with 70's all next week.  We shall see.   LOLOL

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
Got up this morning at 4:30 and fired up the furnace in the camper. It was 64 in here. I expect the A/C to start back up around 10:30. Minnesota weather, gotta love it. :happy1: :happy1:
mm

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Got up this morning at 4:30 and fired up the furnace in the camper. It was 64 in here. I expect the A/C to start back up around 10:30. Minnesota weather, gotta love it. :happy1: :happy1:
yea needed to snuggle a bit more with Lenny!!!!!!!! :happy1: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
Nah, he’s a bed-hog. And snores too much. :rotflmao: :happy1:
mm

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman

almost 1030 Mark, get the AC ready!!! 
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Still raining and thundering here. Just got a code red call about 1-1/4 size hail and 60 mph hour winds in LOTW county. But didn't say where.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
Still raining and thundering here. Just got a code red call about 1-1/4 size hail and 60 mph hour winds in LOTW county. But didn't say where.

yikes!!  not good at all....

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Not sure where it ended up. But nothing bad here, just rain and thunder. We got .31" of rain.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
HOLY BALLS.  We just got back from the Falls.  People were standing outside waiting to get into the Moose so we ate at where else but Hardees.  LOL  Well it was raining 5 minutes after we went by the Moose.  Did our shopping and on the way home all heck broke loose.  We got hailed on 3 times.  Twice I had to pull over it was hitting us so hard.  Quarter size and maybe a few bigger ones that we thought my break the windshield or the topper.  They were so loud when they hit.  No dents in anything that I could see when we got home.  The dogs were in the kennel that is partly in the barn with the steel roof.  lol  I bet that was loud as heck.  The dogs were frazzled as usual and wanted out!  Good to be home.  Have 3/4" of rain and the cukes, maters, and onions look fine. May not have hailed here. Cooper is almost 4 and like a lot of dogs he is getting a little shy of thunder and bad weather so he was really glad to see us.
« Last Edit: August 08/03/24, 01:46:48 PM by LPS »

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
dang some nasty weather north and NE of here..  alerts are coming out too.. 

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
i just went  outside to shut things down and seen it was getting dark to the north!!!! as long as it gets rid of this heat and humidity.....bring it on.

just cant deal with it. i feel shot!!!!!

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
just don't need high winds and hail is all.. 

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
i just went  outside to shut things down and seen it was getting dark to the north!!!! as long as it gets rid of this heat and humidity.....bring it on.

just cant deal with it. i feel shot!!!!!

I agree. Even though it was cooler today, I was still like a dishrag after an hour of chores tonite. A 40% chance of rain after 11 p.m. in the overnite here, even tho there's nothing remotely close on the radar. That's kinda what we were saying when it rained 3" a few nites ago!  :doah:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
I agree, got some wind kicking up now... 

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Oh the radar has all kinds of pretty colors just north of  me now! :shocked:

#4 says tornado warning also.
« Last Edit: August 08/03/24, 08:30:30 PM by glenn57 »

Online dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
I drove up to I-Falls and back down today. I don't know that I've ever seen so much horizontal lightning before. Got one good crack of lightning right over the truck, that'll get your attention!!
TIP line: ​ 800-652-9093

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
We had a couple rounds of rain yday. Had some wind & pea sized hail in the early round, which was ~ 12:30-1. Last I looked it was ~ 1.25" for the day. Some thunder but most of the lightning stayed NE of us.
« Last Edit: August 08/04/24, 07:18:27 AM by Gunner55 »
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Sometime after 11 last nite there was a quick hitter thru the area. Only .10" at the ranch which doesn't hurt anything. Sounds like more on tap for tomorrow as temps cool down to early to mid-September levels.

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
We got high winds and only 1/2" of rain. I did loose 1/2 of a pear tree that I'll have to chop up.

Does pear lumber make good smoking chips?  :scratch:
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I would think so HD.  It's a fruit wood. 

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
.30" here in God's Country. I slept through it.

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
found this HD'

Pear Wood. Pear wood offers a subtly sweet and mild smoke flavor. It's excellent for poultry and pork, providing a delicate fruity touch that enhances the natural flavors of these meats.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
heard Melrose got clobbered  :surrender: supposedly an F2 tornado. a guy on IDO posted pictures of some of the damage. 2 inch hail!!! :doah:

seemed like the worst went around us. out towards Melrose and the east end of st cloud is what the biggest warnings were when the #4 broke into programming last night. here in the middle of that we had some wind and 8/10 of rain..........but it was a wee bit spooky for a while!!!!1 :shocked:

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
On tv this morning channel 4 had reports of 3" to 4" hail in Grey Eagle and Browerville. We sat in the pool drinking beer North of Miltona and watched the storm go by us to the NE and East. Hope they didn't get too much damage.
mm

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
We got high winds and only 1/2" of rain. I did loose 1/2 of a pear tree that I'll have to chop up.

Does pear lumber make good smoking chips?  :scratch:

It should work great HD. Been using it for several years in the smoker boxes when grilling indirect on the Weber. Flavor is similar to apple wood. Will have lots of apple wood here as the weight of the apples has snapped some limbs on our trees.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
On tv this morning channel 4 had reports of 3" to 4" hail in Grey Eagle and Browerville. We sat in the pool drinking beer North of Miltona and watched the storm go by us to the NE and East. Hope they didn't get too much damage.
AWE........Browerville........that brings back memories!!!!!  :rotflmao: :happy1: when i first started working at DCI.....i worked field service. we worked on those milk silos at that dairy place. noticed gray skurrels running around all over the place. so we went a huntin tree rats in the fall. did well.

then hit that old dance hall.........i think on horseshoe lake.........fun was had by all!!!!!!! :rotflmao: