Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: 2024 gardens  (Read 9617 times)

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
wally world maybe
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
wally world maybe
:pouty: there's ALWAYS one!! :rotflmao: may as well say Amazon to!!! :rotflmao:

Surprised it took this long. :confused: :rotflmao:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
thought about saying that too!!!    :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
both places i went had plenty on the shelf........for now.........part of the reason i get them now.....i waited to long once and didnt have much to choose from.

i wouldnt know the first place to go for jig saw puzzles!!!!!!!!!! target????????
:scratch: It looks like WM is the only place that has 'em on hand. Target & Amazon have them too, but not in the store. This place even has some glenn might even like....................https://www.puzzlewarehouse.com/jigsaw-puzzles-for-seniors/?caid=820&msclkid=c45dba0ede881f766e8ddfcfce3893a6&utm_source=bing&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=(ROI)%20Ji  ;) :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
« Last Edit: February 02/05/24, 11:14:33 AM by Gunner55 »
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
We got into a few puzzles last winter.  Was fun.  Then we bought some more and here they are cut differently.  I don't like them at all.  I like the good old fashioned ones that are basically square grid cut with either a post or a slot on each side.   The new ones are called random cut with all curves and different shapes so I think they are harder to do.  I prefer easy when recreating.  LOL   

Online Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
We got some White Mountain brand 1000 piece puzzles for mom for Christmas that we found on Amazon.  I was very pleased with the quality:  big, thick, fully-cut pieces that have consistent shapes.  Check 'em out.

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Saw some rhubarb buds here and there when I was poking around the small garden at lunchtime. Didn't uncover them but could see some poking through the leaves covering the depression where the plants reside. 
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
my rhubarb was a bust last year.......i did do some work to it last fall like you suggested.......hope it helps......or you could just mail me some!!!!! :doofus: :rotflmao:

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
 :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Ya there's getting to be a backlog of stuff here. Need a bigger box. :scratch:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Ya there's getting to be a backlog of stuff here. Need a bigger box. :scratch:
:pouty: :pouty: :bonk: :bonk: :rotflmao:

Online Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
A friend mentioned how poisonous rhubarb is for dogs after he heard of a pup last year died after chewing on the leaves.  I get watching your pooch but ya can't watch what ya don't see at work.  Think I might yank ours with a little one coming.

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
heard the same things about the leaves too..   

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
none of my dogs never had issues. they didnt even as much as look at them.  now i throw stuff like tater peeling in it for fertilizer they may go after that but never rubarb. and shadow eats anything!!!! :confused:

my rubarb is in the same patch my winter onions are, not sure that matters, but......

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I read that Mike, good stuff.  Still something to keep an eye on.  Our problem trying to raise rhubarb is that the dogs keep peeing on it.  Putting a little fence up meant hard to mow around so finally we got out of the rhubarb farming program.  Had 1 plant. 

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
After reading this I had to look at mine. It's just barely poking through.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
i looked to and got nuttin yet. but i;m not expecting much either. guess with the amount of rubarb we use lately.........it wont hurt my feelings either if it crokes!!!!!!
« Last Edit: February 02/07/24, 08:45:35 AM by glenn57 »

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
Some of my tomatoes and peppers have emerged. Some of the seeds are 10 years old. I store them in my shop refrigerator. Seems to work.

Offline tangle tooth

• Master Outdoorsman
      Daughter checked our garlic under the straw mulch. It's coming up.
I wonder. Does Darth Vader have a sister named Ella? Bet she has her ups and downs.

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Think I'll cover the daffodils up tonite just to be on the safe side. They're up 4"+ & would hate to have them get messed up. Will also stab in another radish planting since the 1st one has been such a smashing success... :rotflmao:

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline tangle tooth

• Master Outdoorsman
      Took a quick peek at the garlic we planted in October. Seeing little plants. Might be weeds but something is growing.
I wonder. Does Darth Vader have a sister named Ella? Bet she has her ups and downs.

Offline KEN W

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Conservative on some things...Liberal on others."
I have received all my seed orders for this year. Should be a good year. Just hope the fruit trees and berry plants don't bloom to early and get caught with a frost.
Conservative on some things.....Liberal on others.....Sane most of the time.

Only the best Packers get to be Vikings.

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
As mentioned on the weather thread (I think) I covered the daffodils yesterday afternoon as they were showing flower buds already. -2 here this a.m. Also saw the 1st few radish seedlings from the January 31st planting so planted my February seeding. Where I noticed the seedlings was where I'd tossed some water off the porch. Once the weather warms up again, will remove the covers from the daffodils (upside down flower pots), water them, the radishes and the early green planting. We've received less than 1/2" of liquid equivalent precip and that's between 4 precipitation events. Surface soil is very dry in that small garden.

Need to make a trip to FF & the Albert's Leaf Weedhouse for the general stuff soon, then look at Jung's or Reimer seed for anything more extravagant such as Mooregold squash or more elaborate gourd types. Found several of the things I'm looking for at the latter such as smaller crook neck, goblin eggs or Koshare yellow banded gourds like we once grew. Better for indoor decorating purposes.   

Offline tangle tooth

• Master Outdoorsman
      Dotch, speaking of gourds, what are they used for? I've only seen them used as decorations and bird houses. Am I missing something?

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Forgot about this one tt in the mad rush to cure glenn's rash. Fall decorating and birdhouses pretty much cover their usefulness. Helps to have a nice variety of sizes and colors for the decorating crowd. We got rid of a pile of them last year. Grew a few of the birdhouse type although we still have some from many moons ago that are dry and ready to drill an entry hole in. Wrens really like them!  :coffee: 🐦‍⬛

Uncovered the daffodils last nite before chores. They escaped the cold snap unscathed & may flower sooner than later with the warm temps. Reminds me, I prolly need to make a trip to the wetland tomorrow to see what the pussy willow crop is up to. I see a few catkins emerging on the slips I started in a bucket last year but didn't get around to planting.   
« Last Edit: March 03/01/24, 10:49:19 AM by Dotch »

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
 :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :mad1: I put some of that rash in the mail to you and roony,  :mooning: did you guys get it yet! :scratch:

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Well, you know how slow the post office is these days... :whistling:  :coffee: