Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: 2024 gardens  (Read 27903 times)

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
just got back from a friends place, he called and had a big handful of asparagus for me!!!   :happy1: :happy1:
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline roony

• Master Outdoorsman
Also planted 6 tomato plants

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
my chives are really wanting to flower out!!!   been plucking them off and I still have more to get!!!   :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
my chives are really wanting to flower out!!!   been plucking them off and I still have more to get!!!   :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
well............your going to ruin them on cottage cheese anyway.......may as well throw them in the garbage!!!!!!!!  :rolleyes: :evil: :rotflmao:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
well............your going to ruin them on cottage cheese anyway.......may as well throw them in the garbage!!!!!!!!  :rolleyes: :evil: :rotflmao:

you got that right!!!   eggs too!!!!

Offline tangle tooth

• Master Outdoorsman
      Most of the gardens are in. So far (by my count) 16 tomatoes, 20 jalapeno, habanero and Scotch Bonnets. Also 500 onions. A few radishes, kohlrabi, potatoes, turnips, spinach, broccoli and other things too, but I forget.
      I suppose the rain will stop, now.
I used to be cute and adorable. Then, I had my first birthday. Been downhill ever since.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
i just cleaned some winter onions.....i may need to put some water on the garden today or tomorrow!!

Offline roony

• Master Outdoorsman
I am really enjoying the onions. I also enjoy giving Glenn a lot of crap but he was sure very generous sending me those onion bulbs many years ago.
I have been spending way too much time mowing...bring back the so called drought! Today I tilled ever so shallow over part of the garden in hopes it will dry out faster. Hopefully I can re-till it tomorrow and get some things planted.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
I am really enjoying the onions. I also enjoy giving Glenn a lot of crap but he was sure very generous sending me those onion bulbs many years ago.
I have been spending way too much time mowing...bring back the so called drought! Today I tilled ever so shallow over part of the garden in hopes it will dry out faster. Hopefully I can re-till it tomorrow and get some things planted.
:happy1: :happy1: :happy1: just glad to share!!!! need more!!!!! :sleazy: :sleazy:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
garden sure could use some rain. went out and watered.......all the onion are out and starting to see some kalarabi popping out!!!! :happy1:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Glenn those onions you sent me years ago didn't have a chance the way I gardened back then.  I do now have 12 onions in my garden from last year.  ???   Red ones.  So do I let them just grow like any other onion till they are tall?  Or are they so old that they need to be harvested earlier?

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
Using buckets this year. Its a start
2019 GRAND MASTER BUCK CHAMPION!!
2021 ICE FISHING MASTER CHAMPION
78.50"

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Glenn those onions you sent me years ago didn't have a chance the way I gardened back then.  I do now have 12 onions in my garden from last year.  ???   Red ones.  So do I let them just grow like any other onion till they are tall?  Or are they so old that they need to be harvested earlier?
if there from the same batch i gave you..i'd harvest them. OR.....let them grow the seeds on top and replant them this fall also!~

i'll send ya more this fall if you'd like!!!!!!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
These are volunteers from the red onions I planted last year evidently.  ???

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
These are volunteers from the red onions I planted last year evidently.  ???
:happy1: when the onions i plant for house use cooking and canning start forming them bulbs on top i pick them off!!!!!!!

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Ate my first January planted radish last nite! It was a Cherry Belle, just a little feller but just like I like them. Nice flavor at first then it reminded me it was a radish and not a turnip!  :happy1:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
My garden sprouted
2019 GRAND MASTER BUCK CHAMPION!!
2021 ICE FISHING MASTER CHAMPION
78.50"

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
We have a lot of lettuce coming up volunteer along with those onions. I may let some onions go to seed for next year.  The Glenn program.  Will plant cukes and maters.  I won't be able to help so need to keep it simple.  Don't want to overwork the wife. 

Offline roony

• Master Outdoorsman
The Iris are starting to bloom. They always make me think happy thoughts about my Grandma whose garden we got them from

Offline roony

• Master Outdoorsman
With good weather and a bit of luck this one might be ready by July 4th.

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Beautiful iris roony. I like sentimental plantings like that. Lilies of the valley are in full bloom here. Started with 6 plants from Mom's ~ 10 years ago. They have since covered an area 4' wide x 40' long on the west side of the garage. Wife has been picking them for floral display stuff. Peonies we brought back from Mom's around that same time are huge & loaded with buds. Can't wait to see them flower. 

Offline roony

• Master Outdoorsman
My wife loves the lillies of the valley. Ours are from her home place. Our patch is behind the garage, just around the corner from the irises. She loves the sweet aroma.

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
Everything is coming along okay....
A list in the garden includes, garlic, onions, peas, carrots, lettuce, kohlrabi, tomato, acorn squash, cucumber, radish, beets, cilantro, oregano, peppers (3 different kinds)and green beans....I still need to put some of Glenn's dill in... probably this weekend....
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Offline Leech~~

• Master Outdoorsman
Everything is coming along okay....
A list in the garden includes, garlic, onions, peas, carrots, lettuce, kohlrabi, tomato, acorn squash, cucumber, radish, beets, cilantro, oregano, peppers (3 different kinds)and green beans....I still need to put some of Glenn's dill in... probably this weekend....
Wow, that's quite a serving table for Deer, but you probably don't have any bunnies eating there!   :happy1: :happy1:
Cooking over a open fire is all fun and games until someone losses a wiener!

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
nice set up HD...   

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Gardening in trailers.  That is the best idea I ever heard.  Can move them to mow or change garden spots. 

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
Gardening in trailers.  That is the best idea I ever heard.  Can move them to mow or change garden spots.
Naw... those are just trees that I haven't found homes for yet. I just parked them there close to the sprinklers for now.
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!