Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: 2024 gardens  (Read 45014 times)

Offline Leech~~

• Master Outdoorsman
Farmer question.  3 fields of this off 15 north of Kimbel.
What is it?  Looks a little like pot!  :smoking:
Cooking over a open fire is all fun and games until someone losses a wiener!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Is that the old pot that used to grow everywhere to make rope out of?  Our fence lines were full of it when I was growing up.  A garbage bag full had no value whatsoever.  LOLOL 

Offline fishwidow

• Master Outdoorsman
Wow, Ken. You must have a pretty good sized garden. Makes me jealous. I used to have a huge garden snd planted pretty much everything that I thought would grow here. I miss doing that, but that was where I used live. The deer and other critters have overrun the gardens I’ve tried where I am now. I also don’t seem to have the time to spend on a garden that I did in the past.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
Farmer question.  3 fields of this off 15 north of Kimbel.
What is it?  Looks a little like pot!  :smoking:
must be boars "HEMP"............. :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
Nope mines right here.
« Last Edit: July 07/30/24, 11:00:50 PM by Boar »
2019 GRAND MASTER BUCK CHAMPION!!
2021 ICE FISHING MASTER CHAMPION
78.50"

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Looked at your photos several times Leech and the more I look at them, the more it looks like someone has a mess of giant ragweed primarily. There's an organic guy towards Owatonna that has some corn and soybean fields that look just like that despite his attempts to control them. There may be some hemp or some of the good stuff in the 2nd pic but it's hard to pick it out.
« Last Edit: July 07/31/24, 09:42:06 AM by Dotch »
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
I was thinking that or could it be artichokes?

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Don't think it's Jerusalem artichoke. It has lanceolate-shaped leaves, not lobed like the plants I'm seeing in Leech's pictures. 
« Last Edit: July 07/31/24, 09:39:54 AM by Dotch »
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline Leech~~

• Master Outdoorsman
Looked at your photos several times Leech and the more I look at them, the more it looks like someone has a mess of giant ragweed primarily. There's an organic guy towards Owatonna that has some corn and soybean fields that look just like that despite his attempts to control them. There may be some hemp or some of the good stuff in the 2nd pic but it's hard to pick it out.
Yeah it's interesting. There are 3 big fields in the stretch 2 on one side and one on the other of the road and their pretty solid of these plants in the fields, this was at the end where I could pull over for a picture. And the leaves don't seem to have the ribbing as the expert planted pot, in pots above! 😆
« Last Edit: July 07/31/24, 11:37:20 AM by Leech~~ »
Cooking over a open fire is all fun and games until someone losses a wiener!

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Yes and especially in the days before legalization, one didn't want to stumble into someone's "planting" for fear of what might happen!  :azn:

Offline Cooperman

• Master Outdoorsman
There is a field on hwy 64 near Chamberlain that has that same crop growing. The land I believe is owned by IDO the big potato processor in Park Rapids. Last year it was potatoes, this year it has gone wild with whatever it is?

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
One other identifying characteristic of recreational cannabis or industrial hemp is the palmate leaflets, originating or arising from a common point. Boar's picture illustrates that very well. Am sure he'll make something nice from the hemp fiber... :rotflmao: 

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
One other identifying characteristic of recreational cannabis or industrial hemp is the palmate leaflets, originating or arising from a common point. Boar's picture illustrates that very well. Am sure he'll make something nice from the hemp fiber... :rotflmao:
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: yea I'm sure he'll  weave some nice baskets for Christmas presents   :crazy: :rotflmao:

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
On the board in the zucchini dept. When I couldn't find plants, I resorted to planting them from seed back on June 12th. Only one plant in the 4 hills came up with the wet conditions. More small ones on it. Delivering this bad boy to my soon to be 95 year old customer & adopted mom. I see there are some Muncher cucumbers almost ready on one hill with a lot set on the other 14 hills between the 3 varieties. Numerous pumpkins, gourds & squash set on those vines. Bees have been staying busy... 🐝
« Last Edit: August 08/01/24, 04:32:23 PM by Dotch »

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
make darn sure you give Mrs Cheviot marching orders to keep up them gardens whilst your in Cananda frolicking!!! :happy1: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Ya right. As if...:rolleyes:

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Picked the first 2 cukes (Munchers) of the season finally. After the rains I suspect they'll put it into overdrive. My adopted mom was happy to see a fresh homegrown zucchini yesterday.
« Last Edit: August 08/02/24, 09:50:25 AM by Dotch »

Offline Outdoors Junkie

• MNO Director
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • AKA "Outdoors Junkie"
I took apart the box spring from the first queen bed I ever bought...from when we got married in college. I repurposed it in our garden. Now our cucumbers and pumpkins will climb up them.
www.mnoutdoorsman.com
Voted #1 Outdoors Website in MN

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
 :happy1: cool idea!!!!!!!!!!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
i reckon with Dotch having a 2 hour nap he's rippin up them gardens right now!!!!!!!! :happy1: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

picked and cleaned some carrots and kalarabi this morning. planted 4 rows of crimson radishes. plucked maters and cukes!!!!! :happy1:
no stool softners required!! :happy1: :happy1:

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
just got a couple cukes from a friend the other day..  tasty but some good burps!!!   :happy1: :happy1:
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Gots a question,  my crisper in da fridge is full of cukes I've been picking since last Wednesday.  They might be kinda soft when we get back home tomorrow,  but you think they might be ok for fridge pickles yet??

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
I'd say worth a try!!!   
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Gots a question,  my crisper in da fridge is full of cukes I've been picking since last Wednesday.  They might be kinda soft when we get back home tomorrow,  but you think they might be ok for fridge pickles yet??
yep. Should stayed home!! :sleazy: :rotflmao:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Cold water may firm them up.

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman

Some of the ones I have are a little soft, but I sliced them up this morning for Glenn's recipe. They'll be fine...
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

Some of the ones I have are a little soft, but I sliced them up this morning for Glenn's recipe. They'll be fine...
made myself another batch last night!!!!! :happy1: my wifes been droolin ever since i made the first batch!!!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
Glenn, Mama wants me to put some jalapenos in your recipe... ever tried it?
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Glenn, Mama wants me to put some jalapenos in your recipe... ever tried it?
nope.......dont see why it wont work........ it should just add a little zip.

my wife wouldnt eat it then..........the only thing she likes hot is me!!!!!!! :shocked: :rolleyes: :happy1: :rotflmao: