Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: County fair.  (Read 1325 times)

Offline tangle tooth

• Master Outdoorsman
      It's that time of year, again. Do you usually go to your county fair? Debating whether or not we're going to ours (Blue Earth County) this year. There usually isn't much there. I can see what I want to see in a couple hours.
      What's your take?
I used to be cute and adorable. Then, I had my first birthday. Been downhill ever since.

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
I haven't been to a fair of any kind, local , county or state in probably over 40 years. Just nothing interests me plus I have a low tolerance for parents who can't control their kids. Kids just get to jacked up and excited at a fair, I'm better off staying away so everybody else can enjoy themselves.
TIP line: ​ 800-652-9093

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
We haven't gone to the fair in years.
Only took the kids when they were little for the rides and food.
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
We usually go for a couple hours. I enjoy the food and the people watching

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
havent gone in a long while with my wife's mobility issues. never been to Stearns cty fair..thats in sauk center. been to the benton cty fair a few times.

i used to like the state fair. park the vehicle in maple grove and take bus down. i enjoyed people  :hubba: :sleazy: :wowza: watching and the food!! older i get.....less i like crowds!!!!
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
corn dogs aren't that good!!    :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
corn dogs aren't that good!!    :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
:rotflmao: :surrender: :rotflmao: if tou have plenty of katchup,  tou don't taste the corn dog!  :mooning: :rotflmao:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline tangle tooth

• Master Outdoorsman
      Our daughter called. She wants to go. I guess we'll go.
      We've been to The Clay County Fair and a big fair back in Indiana several times. Lots more to do there. I used to like to look at all the machines and displays. People were difficult to tolerate.
      I suppose the 4-H kids need to show off their work. They put a lot of work in to their projects.
I used to be cute and adorable. Then, I had my first birthday. Been downhill ever since.

Offline Sharon

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
I love going to the Dakota County Fair! We went as kids every year and it's wonderful how little has changed there over the years. I go just every couple of years now and I'm looking forward to going this year with my special fella. 🥰 We both agree the State Fair isn't for us, but we like going to smaller fairs. My absolute favorites are getting some yummy mini donuts, and then heading over to the petting zoo!! 😁😋🐐🐖🦆
~ Sometimes you must create your own destiny, instead of simply living out your fate. ~

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
We used to take our kids to the Washington County fair.  It was good clean fun.

We'd look at all the animals, and the projects that won ribbons, and the kids would say, "I could to that," but we never seemed to remember to do projects the following year.

We stayed off the rides, watched the horse shows, and ate our one funnel cake for the year.  My daughter and I got a 7th place ribbon in the father/daughter hay bail throwing contest when she was 9.  Unfortunately, her (then) not-so-old man didn't have any experience pitchin' bails, otherwise we might have done better.

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
I've been a lifelong participant in fairs, starting when I was in 4th grade exhibiting a lamb in 4-H at the Fillmore Co. Fair in Preston. Got several State Fair trips over the years, made all kinds of friends & had lots of fun. It was work but gave one a feeling of accomplishment. And every once in a while you'd meet a hottie like the one from Goodhue who gave me strep throat after playing tonsil hockey with her...:whistling: :rotflmao: Been to a lot of county fairs since & exhibited fruits, vegetables & sheep at a bunch including Steele & Freeborn Co. Also have 4-H kids who exhibit our sheep with our help prior to their showing. Tiring of that. Some parents have been real tools. Not my idea but somehow seem to get dragged into it.

The wife is the Floral Hall superintendent at Freeborn Co. Fair. She's also the open class sheep superintendent at the MN State Fair. She loves fairs. I go if there's entertainment I want to see. So much lately tho, she's at the fair, I get home, I'm tired, I do chores and I've had enough of people & their BS for one day. We still exhibit sheep at the MN State Fair too but hope that comes to an end eventually. It's a total hassle getting livestock in and out of there. Besides, coming off Crop Tour where there are 700 - 900 people per night then getting stuck in amongst a 100,000 State Fair goers just ain't my idea of a good time.
« Last Edit: July 07/25/24, 10:02:53 AM by Dotch »
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
...every once in a while you'd meet a hottie like the one from Goodhue who gave me strep throat after playing tonsil hockey with her...:whistling: :rotflmao:
Who else immediately thought of this gal from the movie, The Great Outdoors?   :sleazy:

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
She is a cutie.

Online Bonus

• Outdoorsman
Dakota County Fair is only two miles away so we'll usually go there for lunch then wander the buildings for a couple hours Our boys were in 4H for a long time, those years we spent way to much time at the county and state fair.

Offline tangle tooth

• Master Outdoorsman
      Well, we went to the fair. Spent about 3 hours there. Saw some people we know. Enjoyed watching the you care for their animals and the park working with their children. Good to see.
      Didn't overeat like I thought I would. Overall, we're glad we went. It was senior day too so that was a plus. I did fall asleep in my recliner this afternoon. That's not a bad thing.

Offline KEN W

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Conservative on some things...Liberal on others."
Going to Chaska today for River City Days. My grandsons play in the HS band there.   :happy1: :happy1:
« Last Edit: July 07/26/24, 08:10:11 AM by KEN W »
Conservative on some things.....Liberal on others.....Sane most of the time.

Only the best Packers get to be Vikings.