Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Books  (Read 6323 times)

Offline Mayfly

• Master Outdoorsman
    • MNO
So anyone ever read any good outdoor related books??

From a thread like this about 3 years ago I got a book called "Waiting for White Horses"

Here is a brief description/summary:

Waiting for White Horses encompasses an important time in the life of Dr. Grant Thorson. He and Dr. Will Campbell, two old college friends, met in dentistry school years ago and they love nothing more than spending time together, duck hunting in northern Minnesota.

Much of the story centers on Grant Thorson. He has experienced a time of great loss and transition. His emotional legs are weak and Will supports his friend as he negotiates his new life.

This is a lovely book about friends, family, life, love and hope. And nature adds to its beauty and lushness. I didn't want the story to end and yearned for more of the characters and their lives. I laughed and I wiped a tear or two. It tugged at my heart and hasn't let go. Waiting for White Horses is simply beautiful. Nathan Jorgenson is a master storyteller and made me love learning about hunting. This book is brilliant and holds a special place in my personal collection.

Armchair Interviews says: Waiting for White Horses is a must read and a novel you'll want to keep and read again.

Offline LLtaxidermy

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
I read the Hatchett in high school. Awesome, Gary Paulson I believe. Also from Minnesota. He's written several good ones.
Lee Ledford
Leland Ledford Taxidermy
507-990-5882

Offline Mayfly

• Master Outdoorsman
    • MNO
I have an idea.....We can start an MNO Book exchange.

If anyone wants to read the above book that I posted I will deliver it to you via USPS as long as you promise to pass it on to another MNO Member!

;D

Offline LLtaxidermy

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
That actually sound like an awesome Idea, Put a slip of paper in it with everyones name who's read it.
Lee Ledford
Leland Ledford Taxidermy
507-990-5882

Offline Super Star!

• Master Outdoorsman
    • www.skinsandfinstaxidermy.com

If anyone wants to read the above book that I posted I will deliver it to you via USPS as long as you promise to pass it on to another MNO Member!

;D

dose it come with audio tapes??

Offline Mayfly

• Master Outdoorsman
    • MNO
That actually sound like an awesome Idea, Put a slip of paper in it with everyones name who's read it.

Just write it in the cover.

Who wants a book to read??

Offline repoman

• Master Outdoorsman
  • take the shot

Just write it in the cover.

Who wants a book to read??

ill take a good book !

Offline repoman

• Master Outdoorsman
  • take the shot

;D

dose it come with audio tapes??

no SS no tapes or pics  ;D

Offline Super Star!

• Master Outdoorsman
    • www.skinsandfinstaxidermy.com
repo you read it out loud and record it and  when your done send it to me   :taz:

Offline Faceman

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Vegetarian: Old indian word for bad hunter.

Offline LLtaxidermy

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
How did I know superstar would be looking for cliff notes!!!
Lee Ledford
Leland Ledford Taxidermy
507-990-5882

Offline Wagz

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
I got one from the library a while ago called Drummer in the woods it was short stories about grouse hunting

another good one was pick of the litter but I think you need to be a Dog person to like that one

Offline repoman

• Master Outdoorsman
  • take the shot
repo you read it out loud and record it and  when your done send it to me   :taz:

sit outside and wait for it , ill send em soon  ;D ;D ;D

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
I'm with super star, i'll wait and rent the movie.     :popcorn:
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!