Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Who here Likes FREE Stuff?  (Read 11891 times)

Offline MnArch

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
    • Minnesota Archery
One of the things that Minnesota Archery Inc. prides itself on is our involvement in helping youth get started in archery.  So we would like to help you pass on the tradition of the bow to a youngster.  In a short post, tell us about a kid (under 9 yrs old) that you think would enjoy a free Bear Archery Turbo Fire Jr. Archery Set!  Explain things like:

-Their names
-If they already shoot,
-How they enjoy the outdoors,
-What kind of wild animal they really like,
-Etc. 

We will choose one lucky winner next Thursday (Sept. 6th) and ship the bow to your door!
You're welcome at
Minnesota Archery
Litchfield,MN
(320) 693-2061

Offline Spinach

• Outdoorsman
  • Woodbury Mn
Wow what a very genorous offer!

I'll start things off for my son.

His name is Alex, he is almost 5 years old and absolutely loves fishing and hunting, I started him off in the backyard with a very cheap bow last fall, he carries it around and doesn't really shoot it but he acts like he is hunting for a big buck. He watches me shoot and asks what I am doing, I swear he remembers everything that I tell him because he'll imitate me to his mom.

According to Alex, his favorite thing to hunt for is a big buck.
MNO Fishing Reports
Voted #1 Outdoors Website in MN
Support MNO Sponsors
AKA "Spinach"

Offline Realtree

• Master Outdoorsman
  • MNO Member #128
    • The "20" Rifle & Pistol Club and Straight River Archery Club
My son (Lil' Tree) is 6 years old. He loves fishing, hiking and going out with Dad to set up his deer stand at Grandpa & Grandma's woods. Last year for Halloween he dressed up in all his blaze orange gear with his 12 gauge shotgun (toy version with realistic shooting sound) and off he went hunting for the "mack daddy buck" and some candy along the way.

He does have a kids bow, he doesn't really shoot his either yet, but does carry it around and talks the talk when he is "on the hunt" for the monster bucks. His favorite animal to hunt is whitetail deer he says, but he would really like to hunt Moose, Elk and Pronghorns, which we saw alot of on our recent visit to the Black Hills last week. He was also very intrigued by the many Buffalo that we saw on the wildlife loop at Custer Park, but he said he wouldn't want to hunt them because they are so big and they are too cool looking to shoot.
The "20" Rifle & Pistol Club-Board Member
Straight River Archery Club-Board Member
Youth Archery Instructor
Archery enthusiast
Deer hunter
Coyote eradicator
Bow-fishing freshman

Offline luvn-luvnlife

• Outdoorsman
  • luvnlifes personal deer dragger
Our 6 year old daughter Cally (BEAR) would really love to get a bow. This little girl is a true outdoors person like her mother. Bear loves to go stomping in the woods with her dad looking for fresh animal tracks in the mud. We try to spend as much time as we can teaching the kids about the outdoors and how we need to respect mother nature. They have really enjoyed making our land the most it can be for the critters that call this place home. Cally has the best eye when we go out on our deer drives at dusk. She can spot a deer along a wood line way before her mom can. Dad has taught her where deer hang out at prime-time. Cally also likes to help bait for bear and look for scat, not just  bear scat but skunk,wolf,dog,squirrel and deer scat. Cally loves the outdoors whether it is catching grasshoppers and putting them in mom's best dishes or practicing calling in a turkey. She wears her camo proud enjoying every minute of the outdoors. We are very proud of her!!

...........LUVNLIFE AND LUVN-LUVNLIFE......................

Offline Pegg

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
My 6 year old daughter (Jordan). My son (Alec) who is 7 and I go to the archery range about 3 or 4 times a week and Jordan ask if she can go with. Of course I tell her that she can come with us. When we are out shooting she ask if she can shoot and I would let her but the only thing is that both my son and I are left handed and she is right handed. I can see that she really wants to learn how to shoot. She also likes to go out into the wood with me while I hunt and use my calls. She loves to watch the deer and all the other animals out there that we come across.
If today was perfect. There would be no need for tomorrow.

Offline GirlGuide

• Master Outdoorsman
  • (aka ~gg)
My 6yr old son Billy wants to be a big boy soooo bad, almost everynight when I put him to bed he says "Mom, when am I going to get bigger?". He is absolutely crazy about anything that has to do with deer hunting, duck hunting, fishing etc..but mostly more than anything all he talks about is deer hunting!!  When he was three years old I could not get him to sit down for ANYTHING at all on TV, not that I wanted my kids watching a ton of TV, but there were times that I needed a break...well Billy was not interested one bit in the TV, until one day he discovered the Outdoor channel and a deer hunting show was on.  He sat there and never moved for almost two hours straight!  I couldn't believe it..he was only three at the time! I told my husband it must be in his blood!
Well, just about two weeks ago he came up to my husband in the garage and said he had an really great idea.  He had a board with him about a foot 1/2 long or so...he asked my husband if he would drill two holes in it, one hole at each end of the board.  So my husband not really knowing exactly what Billy's intentions were, drilled the two holes in the board...well then next thing you know Billy went and got a small bungee cord and attached it to the board.  He had made himself a bow, then he went and got one of my husbands old arrows (without the tip) out of the gararge.  He was all set!  He then went to test it out on some old styrophome insulation we had leaning up against the wall in the garage.  Now it was time to shoot it...and to our surprise...it worked awesome!!  He does not have his own bow, so it was really cool that it actually worked!  The whole thing being his own idea and something that he came up with all by himself is what I thought was the best thing about it.
So now almost daily he goes out to the garage, because he needs to practice.."cuz you know Mom, someday I'm gonna shoot a real whistle buck"...that's what he calls a big ol' swamp buck!
What an imagination he has!  If this boy isn't an outdoorsman already, I don't know who is.  I don't look forward to the day when I wake up and he really is a "big boy", I'm just enjoying these days with him too much!  And he now sleeps with his home-made bow...crazy kid!  Maybe it gives him good dreamzzzzzz.  ;)  gg

Offline WoodChuck

• Master Outdoorsman
  • " Minnesota Outdoorsman supporter"
 ;D dont bother a man when he,s a dreamin !!  ;)
"i am not the KING FISHER , nor the fisher of men , but i am a fisherman "    membership n. 141

Offline mcea0006

My 2 year old saw my bow forthe first time yesterday.  He just stood there pointing and staring at it.  He went over to touch the bow string and when he did he pulled his hand back right away. He is always asking to go outside and loves the outdoors.  A bow of his own would quench his  curiosity and fascination with the thing.   ;)

Offline Outdoors Junkie

• MNO Director
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • AKA "Outdoors Junkie"
My son Owen is 8 years old.  He has a Red Ryder BB gun he takes with dad during scouting trips in the woods.  Owen is a cub scout.  He has shot a bow with his cub scout den.  Lately he has been asking for his own bow.  He loves to go with dad pheasant and duck hunting.  He has been going with dad and grandpa to check on deer stands and scouting whitetail since he was three.  He wishes so badly to fast forward in time and be twelve so he can go deer hunting.  He also enjoys fishing up at Upper Red lake (both ice and open water).  If he is chosen as the lucky winner of this bow, he will use it safely and responsibly.
www.mnoutdoorsman.com
Voted #1 Outdoors Website in MN

Offline Munk

• Outdoorsman
How about a step-grandson? (Son-in-laws son from previous encounter) Jed is 9 and absolutely loves the outdoors. First time we met (Jed was 5),  I was behind the house cleaning up a couple geese and he jumped right in and started pulling feathers. When it came time to pull the innards the other grandkids ran off gagging, etc. Jed asked if he could do that to the other one, (my kind of kid). We hit it off right away and he's been my outdoors "pest" ever since.  He comes along on our deer hunts and always has to sit with Grandpa instead of his Dad, (Grandpa listens to him, and points out "cool things" in the outdoors).  The kid isn't afraid to get his hands dirty when it comes to cleaning game, and makes a heck of a retriever when the dog stays home.   He's fascinated by the way a "Big deer" can hide in nearly nothing. He hasn't shot a bow (other than the rubber tipped ones) because I have nothing small enough for him to pull back but he is always right there when we practice. (I didn't realize there were that many questions you could ask about a bow, etc???) 
A big thank you for donating the bow to be given to one of these kids. Whoever wins I'm sure will be thrilled. Good Luck to all the entrants!!!!!!   

Offline hunterhunting

• Minnow
I have a son (Caillu) who is ten years old.  I love the outdoors and has been hunting for many years.  I also shoot a bow and would love to take my son with me.  He really loves the outdoors just like me and wants to shoot a bow.  He has been asking me for the longest time.  Not just that but he sure knows a lot more then his age when it comes to these kinds of things.  I really want to give him a bow but we're on a tight budget.  My son's wish is that this year I can take him with me to go hunting but if I surprise him with a bow it will be his dream come true.

I have taken my son with me in the past and he continues to enjoy the outdoors.  This is a tradition in the family and will probably be for a long time.  It will make my son very happy if I can get this bow for him.  So if you feel that he deserves it as much as I do.  Hopefully his wish will come true.
« Last Edit: September 09/04/07, 08:41:50 PM by hunterhunting »

Offline MnArch

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
    • Minnesota Archery
Thanks to everyone for the posts! 8) I'ts really great reading the stories and seeing how everyone gets the youngsters interested and involved in archery and bowhunting, and in the outdoors in general! You still have time to post, as we will be drawing a winner at 1 o'clock (central). We will post the winner as soon as possible after that. Choosing one winner turns out to be way too hard, as all posts were excellent and deserving. GOOD LUCK TO ALL!

Matt & Barry

P.S. If you don't win, don't worry. We will be doing giveaways in the future, so keep checkin' in......
« Last Edit: September 09/06/07, 09:28:11 AM by MnArch »
You're welcome at
Minnesota Archery
Litchfield,MN
(320) 693-2061

Offline Mayfly

• Master Outdoorsman
    • MNO
Lets keep this on the top.....tell your friends, family etc......

There has to be more kids out there that want a crack at this!!!!

;)

Offline Jigstick44

My son's name is Derek and he is 6 years old. I had to buy him a bow this year since I bought my first bow also. I wasn't sure if he could handle a "real" bow so I ended up getting him a foam ball bow from Bass pro that he really likes. Well, I was target shooting with a friend of mine and his son had a kids real bow and was target shooting with us at a different target when he asked Derek if he wanted to try. I was a bit uneasy at first since he had never shot a real bow before. But after a few corrections and pointers he was shooting like a little champ. In fact the other kids wanted to go swimming and Derek wouldn't stop shooting the bow even to take a dip. Now he really wants a real bow to shoot with dad but since I just bought him the other foam ball bow I have a hard time buying another one so soon. I know he would love a new bow and I would love to see him get one. He is a real outdoorsy kid, loves to play hunt and scout for deer with dad and Grandpa up at the cabin. I can't wait until he gets to hunt for real with me, but I'm sure it will come soon enough.

Offline tattguy12

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
my 6 year old daughters name is Hanna. She used to love going up north to set up for hunting season with myself and the other men in the family. Well 2 years iago it all changed as her mother got her into dance. Not my choice but shes happy. I feel if she got this bow delivered to her it would start to change her mind about the outddors and spending quality time with daddy. Not saying I want her to quit dance because she loves it so. But having her own bow might hopefully let her keep her mind open about being able to do multiple things.  :gunsmilie:
WOW LOOK AT THE SIZE OF THAT BULLHEAD!!!!!!

Offline MnArch

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
    • Minnesota Archery
Sorry about the delay in the post.  I know you all have been waiting......got a little busy in the shop.  But we did draw for the kids bow and we would like to proudly congratulate luvin-luvinlife and Cally (Bear).  Please send me a P.M. with your address and I will get the bow out to you A.S.A.P.  Thank you all for posting and keep your eyes open for additional drawings!

Matt
You're welcome at
Minnesota Archery
Litchfield,MN
(320) 693-2061

Offline tattguy12

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
CONGRATS "BEAR" ::rockon:: enjoy your new bow
WOW LOOK AT THE SIZE OF THAT BULLHEAD!!!!!!

Offline Traprmn

I have two daughters, one 8 and one 10.  Both have gone with me bow hunting at least one time in the last two years to my double ladder stand. While they are challenged to stay still for a long time, they both enjoy watching the wildlife we see.  Both girls recently participated in a youth sportsmans event in Hasty last month.  They both got to shoot 22's, a 410, pellet rifle and Genesis Bow.  The part they liked the best was shooting the bow.  Now Anna, the younger one asks me when she can shoot a deer with a bow and would also like to hunt ducks.  I started hunting when I was 5 or 6 and I guess she will start soon as soon as she is proficient with safety.  I know she would love to get a bow and would proctice every time I do.

Thank you

Offline MnArch

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
    • Minnesota Archery
Well.........

We've already drawn for one bow.....But how about one more!  Tell all your friends to check out the MNO web site and post for their child.  We will draw for one more bow next Thursday!

...So that means that all those who have posted already are IN IT for another drawing and more new posters are WELCOME to join in..... let's hear about your budding archers/outdoorspersons under 9 (the bow is a beginner's set). We will draw for the bow Thursday, Sept.13 @ 1 P.M. GOOD LUCK !
« Last Edit: September 09/08/07, 08:25:52 AM by MnArch »
You're welcome at
Minnesota Archery
Litchfield,MN
(320) 693-2061

Offline Grute Man

• Master Outdoorsman
  • White Bear Lake
Hey Lovin, tell Cally Bear we're happy for her.  Set up a target with balloons for her thats always fun for the little tikes.  If they miss, just make it a game of who can get the closest without popping them.  Always gotta have that back door right?   ;)

Hope she loves it.

Grute ::dancinred::   ::cheers::  (that's root beer.)
If ya don't know where ya are, go back to da beginnin.

Offline GirlGuide

• Master Outdoorsman
  • (aka ~gg)
Congrats to Cally Bear!! We all here at MNO couldn't be happier for you!!  And to everyone else...great stories everyone, they were all very fun to read..so let's hear some more now!!
 ::dancinred:: gg

Offline Benny

• Master Outdoorsman
Well My Daughter just passed her Hunter Safety training so I will see about getting her a bow now.

She is 12YO and loves to go out and sit in the deer blind with me, she also likes watching the dog work for the Pheasants as well.

She shoots a little toy bow right now that she has had for about 2 years or so, but has shot a compound at the Game Fair.

So if I can win her a bow package now she will charish it for a long time.

Melissa
Age 12
 shoots a toy bow, but can handle a compound set at 25 lbs.
Loves deer and pheasants.
Benny
"What we have here is a failure to communicate"

Offline Uplander

• Outdoorsman
My daughter Kelly is 5 yrs old and loves animals and the outdoors. She has went scouting with me in the fall for the past couple years and soaks up knowledge on wildlife, plants and nature like a sponge. She loves watching TV shows on animals and hunting/fishing, going on nature walks and watching the squirrels, birds, rabbits and woodchucks in our back yard. She hasn't been hunting with me yet, but I will start taking her next year (to observe) for grouse, turkey and pheasant. She loves it when I bring home game so she can see what I have been hunting and help cook it. She really loves pheasants because they are so colorful.

She is a great shot with a "nerf" shotgun and was so fascinated when I brought her target shooting with my bow this summer that I had to tell her all the details of the bow, it's history and what I use it for (turkey hunting). Since then, I've wanted to get her a bow to practice with, and winning this drawing would be the perfect gift to give her. I want to encourage her and teach her properly about the outdoors since she is so interested in what I hunt & shoot.

The best part? Her younger sister Brooke (3 yrs) is following in her footsteps and wants to do everything her big sister does, so the bow will serve to help educate not one, but two aspiring female "outdoorsmen".

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are" - Theodore Roosevelt

Offline MnArch

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
    • Minnesota Archery
Be sure to get your post in about a youth (under 9) that you think would like a Bear Turbo Fire archery set! Tell us about their interests in the outdoors, what animals they enjoy, funny and interesting stories about days afield, archery interests, etc. We will draw for the bow at 1 p.m. today, and include all those who posted for last weeks drawing. C'MON......IT'S EASY......AND FREE......WE WILL SHIP TO THE WINNERS DOOR !!!........SO POST UP!

MATT & BARRY
MINNESOTA ARCHERY
LITCHFIELD, MN.
You're welcome at
Minnesota Archery
Litchfield,MN
(320) 693-2061

Offline MnArch

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
    • Minnesota Archery
We just got done drawing for the Bear Turbo Fire bow and....BILLY,YOU WON IT, BUDDY!
GirlGuide, please p.m. us with mailing info and we'll get it mailed out right away. It certainly won't take the place of his handmade bow, but I'm hoping he'll enjoy it none the less. (You know, Billy kind of reminds me of Matt when he was a kid. Always out in the garage building some sort of contraption that actually worked pretty good!)

Anyways, thanks for all the responses, and look for MORE GIVEAWAYS in the future!!!

GOOD LUCK HUNTING, AND DON'T FORGET TO INVOLVE A KID IN THE OUTDOORS....YOU CAN RELIVE THE EXCITEMENT ALL OVER AGAIN THROUGH THEM!

BARRY
MINNESOTA ARCHERY

You're welcome at
Minnesota Archery
Litchfield,MN
(320) 693-2061

Offline Grute Man

• Master Outdoorsman
  • White Bear Lake
Well congrats to Billy!!!!!!!!!!   ::rockon::  That's gonna be fun.  Hey, GG, ya know that kid cant be shooting alone so I think you better get one too.   :whistling:
If ya don't know where ya are, go back to da beginnin.

Offline Realtree

• Master Outdoorsman
  • MNO Member #128
Winner to be announced soon....

Check back for the winner of the Bear Turbo Fire Jr archery set   ;D
« Last Edit: September 09/13/07, 03:07:13 PM by Outdoors Realtree »
Youth Archery Instructor
Archery enthusiast
Deer hunter
Coyote eradicator
Bow-fishing freshman

Offline GirlGuide

• Master Outdoorsman
  • (aka ~gg)
We just got done drawing for the Bear Turbo Fire bow and....BILLY,YOU WON IT, BUDDY!
GirlGuide, please p.m. us with mailing info and we'll get it mailed out right away. It certainly won't take the place of his handmade bow, but I'm hoping he'll enjoy it none the less. (You know, Billy kind of reminds me of Matt when he was a kid. Always out in the garage building some sort of contraption that actually worked pretty good!)

Anyways, thanks for all the responses, and look for MORE GIVEAWAYS in the future!!!

GOOD LUCK HUNTING, AND DON'T FORGET TO INVOLVE A KID IN THE OUTDOORS....YOU CAN RELIVE THE EXCITEMENT ALL OVER AGAIN THROUGH THEM!

BARRY
MINNESOTA ARCHERY

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  THANK YOU!!!!  THANK YOU!!! THANK YOU!!!!
Oh my gosh, I am SOOOO EXCITED, and Billy is going to be THRILLED, beyond belief!!
I will for sure take some pictures of him with it, to show everyone here how much this
means to him!!  Thanks again so much...we feel sooo lucky!!!  How cool is this??
What a great thing you are doing for all the youth hunters out there, and I loved reading
everyone's story...they were all GREAT!!  Thanks again so very much!  gg

...now he get's to sleep with the REAL thing! lol

« Last Edit: September 09/13/07, 11:16:23 PM by GirlGuide »

Offline Realtree

• Master Outdoorsman
  • MNO Member #128
Congratulations Billy!! That is awesome.

And thank you to Minnesota Archery for donating these great Jr Archery sets for our Next Generation hunters! MNO is blessed to have such awesome sponsors such as yourselves!!    ::rockon::
Youth Archery Instructor
Archery enthusiast
Deer hunter
Coyote eradicator
Bow-fishing freshman

Offline Besox

I would like to enter my Son Sam into this bow drawing. He is one of a kind in every way. I have had him in my blind with me on many occasions, he is an absolute fidgit. He loves to go anywhere with me and loves to go to the range and shoot his little stick and string bow. I usually do not go far with him just yet because he has not mastered the art of quiet yet. As soon as we set up the blind he starts talking and does not stop until we take the blind down. It really does not matter to me because we always have a real good time and the company cannot be beat. He does have a real affection for shooting his bow, so a new one delivered to the door would be a real big deal.
Thanks for the time.
Besox