Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Home Improvement  (Read 311 times)

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
We have been remodeling the office.  Have wanted to do it for many years and finally getting around to it.  As I said we had knotty pine T&G put on the ceiling.  We are now painting sort of forest green.  Man is picking out a color an affair.  Took 2 or 3 days to narrow it down.  So I taped the wood trim and painted the edges with a brush.  Took the tape off and I have real thin white lines where it isn't painted.  I didn't wear my glasses when I put the tape on. lol   Today I did wear my glasses on the next wall.  Taping went much better. Been awhile since I have painted.  I froze my roller in a gallon ziploc bag.  Worked great.  BUT after the second time the roller was flat and didn't hold as much paint.  So works for a time or two.  I also didn't spackle as good as I should have.  Now I have to spackle over the first coat of paint and do another coat.  I thought the paint would hide it. So this is what is keeping me out of trouble lately.  Kind of fun but will be nice to get it done.

Online Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Sanding is your friend.

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
I think the paint shows the mistakes in the spackling even more. It certainly doesn't hide it.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
Sand it all flat and start over.

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Pretty much what is happening Roony.  I respackled the bad spots and sanded them again.  Should be better this time.  Fingers crossed.  Can always hang wildlife prints over the bad spots.  Will look funny with them 2' off the floor.  :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
My project.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
Must be a hellova artist too :happy1: nice painting of the dog in the right corner   :happy1: :rotflmao:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
I see some white yet.....
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
I see some white yet.....
glare from the window??? :scratch:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
That's funny Glenn!! Looks pretty nice lps!! What's the deal with the green outlet??

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I thought I would just paint it so it matches.  Pretty cool huh?  Like I said I do one wall at a time and move stuff for the next wall.  That big green file cabinet is in the back of the ol Ford.  It's new home is the landfill.  Got rid of a lot of stuff. 

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Looking nice LPS!  :happy1:
Hey look your bobber is up!

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
SO Jake likes paint and spackle.  I was spackling and I looked at Jake cuz he likes to watch me.  Here he is licking the spackle right off the wall.  They he licked the paint tray clean in a little spot after I was done painting.  He had green paint on his nose too.   :confused:

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Look at Jake in the pic.  See his is licking his chops and see the white clean part of the paint tray?  He licked it clean.  LOL

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
Look at Jake in the pic.  See his is licking his chops and see the white clean part of the paint tray?  He licked it clean.  LOL

:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Never mind.  LOL
« Last Edit: May 05/07/24, 03:34:03 PM by LPS »

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Will start wall #3 today. The above post I was going to do a 3 way switch but found the wires are not visible so may not happen.

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
Will start wall #3 today. The above post I was going to do a 3 way switch but found the wires are not visible so may not happen.

here I thought you started to rewire and got zapped!!!    :rotflmao:

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
LOL  If the wife is home I will turn off the breaker before I switch the outlets.