Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Vikings coach say's .......  (Read 1367 times)

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • 2008-2011-2018-2019 2020 Fish Challenge Champ!
    • Lee's Lake Geneva Guide Service
     Vikings coach says if he has to coach with 1 eye, he will!

training-087 .....
Minnesota Vikings coach Mike Zimmer says he is not going to let the lingering eye issues that caused him to miss practice this week shorten his career.

:taz: ....
Zimmer told reporters on a conference call Friday that "one eye or two, it doesn't matter. I'll be back. We can put that retiring thing to bed quickly."

Zimmer was told by the team to head home to his ranch in Kentucky this week and skip the team's voluntary practices to reduce the stress on a right eye that has had eight surgeries. Zimmer says it has been difficult to be away from the team. But he has been texting with players regularly and holds a call with his coaches every afternoon to go over the day's practice.

Zimmer says he plans to return to the Twin Cities on June 4.

Minnesota Vikings head coach Mike Zimmer stands for the singing of the national anthem prior to an NFL football game against the Jacksonville Jaguars in Jacksonville, Fla., Sunday, Dec. 11, 2016

:Photography:

Proud Member of the CWCS.
http://www.cwcs.org

Member of Walleyes For Tomorrow.
www.walleyesfortomorrow.org

Many BWCA Reports
http://leeslakegenevaguideservice.com/boundry_%2712.htm

If you help someone when they're in trouble, they will remember you when they're in trouble again

Offline Reinhard

• Master Outdoorsman
A good person and a good coach.  good luck.

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
I see Eric Decker signed with another team.  no viking today.
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline IA_Guy

• Outdoorsman
This was my concern when Zim was announced as head coach. I will 110% agree he is tough as nails, a players coach who the team seems to genuinely like, and I agree he is a fair, good guy.

I wondered if he had it between the ears/administratively to be a head coach in the NFL. No doubt the guy is a genius defensive mind, but it worried me that since graduating college, he has been a career assistant or D coordinator. Lot of facets to the game other than personnel/when to blitz vs not.

I think he showed his wetness behind the ears in a few game management situations, and I'm not sure we'll ever know the real story about what went on with Norv Turner.

Personally I am a huge fan of Zim and more importantly his relationship with his players. If the team doesn't like you, God help you. He handled the AP Child abuse thing with grace and loyalty and has treated Bridgewater real well.

I think this year is a make or break year for a lot of folks. Treadwell, Bridgewater, Bradford, Daniele Hunter, Zimmer, and Shurmur. I am NOT a fan of Shurmur as his main claim to fame is a Bradford cheerleader who rides his coat tails from one team to another. Allegience be damned, I am looking for him to actually have a merit based spot on this staff.

I am a big fan of Zim and I really do admire his admissions of short comings and his pledge to do better and open his mind. That is a TOUGH TOUGH thing for the adult human male to admit, especially in a field where ego is 90% of the job. Have fun ever getting Belichick to admit he screwed the pooch, even when he did.

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Sounds like he is going to hand off the D play calling to the D coach.  That may be a good thing to give him time to oversee the game...