Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: I must be getting old.  (Read 3404 times)

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
Gota be getting old, years ago i woulda cancled e erything to hunt this bear. Now days..not so much. Opening he was in at 6 and friday we left for cass lake to.spend time with family. I getting pics, and as excited as i am to get this bear, its just not a priority. I will be home tomorrow, mid day, and lori sayS you can hunt sunday, Yeah!! Then im like i dont have my wheeler yet, i havent sited in my bow, im not sure were my hunting clothes are..hell i dont know where my knife is...so ill bait tomorrow and prepair for next weekend...
2019 GRAND MASTER BUCK CHAMPION!!
2021 ICE FISHING MASTER CHAMPION
78.50"

Offline tangle tooth

• Master Outdoorsman
Understand. Not sure why priorities change but, they do. I know mine have.
I used to want the big buck in the bow sights. My aftermarket shoulder can't do that anymore.
Today, I'm content to fill the freezer with rabbit, squirrel, pheasant and fish. Cold beer some days, good bourbon other days.
I wonder. Does Darth Vader have a sister named Ella? Bet she has her ups and downs.

Online dakids

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • 2013 MNO Fishing Challenge Champ!
You definitely are no cub.  Just an old boar that is fitting his ass for a rocking chair. Might even need to trade In  your Harley for a scooter.
Anything that is free is worth saving up for.

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
Hahahahahahahaha....No.
78.50"

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
we all change with time, good or bad!!  oh well!!!    :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
I can relate to Boars getting old statement. I still enjoy setting up, baiting, and checking trail cameras but the actual hunting part has taken a back seat as I get older.  Don't get me wrong I still hunt and would probably shoot a big one if I had the chance but I don't obsess about it.
Here's a good example of why I probably should have just one bait station.  I hunted on 9/1 but obviously was not at the bait where the one bear showed up.  None showed up yesterday (Saturday) but it was a great sit anyway.

I hunted here the on 9/1  Looks like the bear waited for a better day.

Should have hunted here on 9/1

Hey, that's my bucket

I hunted here on 9/4
***I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.***

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
It is what happens to us Boar.  I used to be so aggressive in hunting and fishing.  Now not so much.  Still enjoy it but other things keep coming up.  I need to get out fishing more this time of year. 

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
78.50"