Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Vikes thread!  (Read 533208 times)

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
I think there are a lot of teams that would have taken a chance on Lance if they knew it would only cost of 4th rounder.  Getting a good deal is always about being at the right place a the right time.

I have to believe that the Vikes were in on those talks for Lance, 'cept they decided to sign XFL star quarterback Jordan Ta’amu instead.

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Roster trimming has started.  With offensive line being a relative team weakness for several years running, you have to wonder what Belichick saw in this guy that the Vikings didn't.  Still, at a time when they have to start dropping men off the roster, it is nice to see something coming back in return - even if it is only a 6th round pick.

The New England Patriots had offensive line depth on their mind Sunday.  The Patriots acquired offensive lineman Vederian Lowe in a trade with the Minnesota Vikings.  New England gave up a sixth-round pick to acquire Lowe.

The Vikings selected Lowe in the sixth round of the 2022 NFL Draft out of Illinois, where he was a four-year starter at left tackle and tied the school's record for career starts with 52. He appeared in four games for Minnesota as a tackle last season.

Other cuts...

The Vikings released linebackers Tanner Vallejo and Wilson Huber and offensive tackle Jarrid Williams.  None of the three was considered to be close to making the roster, although Vallejo’s special teams prowess gave him the best chance.

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
I think there are a lot of teams that would have taken a chance on Lance if they knew it would only cost of 4th rounder.  Getting a good deal is always about being at the right place a the right time.

I have to believe that the Vikes were in on those talks for Lance, 'cept they decided to sign XFL star quarterback Jordan Ta’amu instead.
:scratch: Maybe they were & they thought that a 4th Rd pick was still too high. :confused: https://www.sneaksandcleats.com/2023/08/25/trey-lance-now-holds-this-unwanted-record-after-cowboys-acquire-ex-top-5-pick-
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I read that the Vikes like how Hall did in preseason and decided to stay with him instead of courting Lance. 

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
After all, the best ability to have....................................is availability.

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
From Gunner's article.
"When you boil it down, the 49ers gave up more first-round picks for Lance (three) than wins they got from him (two)."

Too bad for Lance.  A starting, run-threat QB who broke his ankle in the 2nd game of last season.  If that doesn't happen, he has a completely different story in the NFL.  For now he is just an answer to a trivia question about which team gave up so much for and got so little out of a 1st Round draft choice QB.

Maybe the 49ers didn't like the way his ankle healed, otherwise they might have tried to get more out of him.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I hope he comes around and does well in the NFL.

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
I hope he comes around and does well in the NFL.
Me too, just NOT in Dallas. JJ's a pc of  :moon:, as far as I'm concerned. :angry2:

Online dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
Not much chance Jones will straighten him out enough to be a deep play-off threat. Whats it's been, 30 years since his ego got in the way and he fired Jimmy Johnson. He isn't nearly as smart a football mind as he thinks he is. I will give him props in that he knows how to make cash, lots of it.
TIP line: ​ 800-652-9093

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
I don't think I'll ever have Jerry's problem with ego or money.  Well, maybe ego, but definitely not money.

...Thing with guys like that is, if they don't win it "their way" it isn't worth winning.  Jerry would rather spend the rest of his life trying and losing than sit in the back seat and have someone else do it for him.  His money.  His choice.

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :scratch: You'd think that the fans would get tired of that.....................eventually :rolleyes: & so would most decent HCs. :confused:
« Last Edit: August 08/30/23, 07:23:11 AM by Gunner55 »

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
I'm sure they do - just like you'd think the Vikings fans would get tired of never winning the big one.   :bonk: :rotflmao:

And there are only 32 HC jobs in the NFL.  You gotta grab the ring when it is reach.  You never know when circumstances beyond your control will snatch it from you.

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Vikes still aren't satisfied with the RB situation...  :scratch:

Vikings to sign ex-Dolphins RB Myles Gaskin, waive Jalen Reagor

The Minnesota Vikings are signing running back Myles Gaskin, released Wednesday by the Miami Dolphins.  Gaskin rushed for 80 yards on 13 carries last season for the Dolphins.

The Vikings waved former first-round draft pick Jalen Reagor.  Reagor was mainly used as the Vikings' punt returner last season with 26 returns for 167 yards. The year before with the Eagles, he had 31 returns for 227 yards.

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Here is added significance for the Vikings cutting Reagor.  This article is from Philly...

Vikings release Jalen Reagor, so no 4th-round pick for Eagles

The Vikings released former Eagles 1st-round pick Jalen Reagor Wednesday, which won’t be a surprise to anybody following his career.

But the real significance of the move is that it means the conditional draft pick the Eagles received from the Vikings when they shipped Reagor to Minnesota a year ago this week won’t convert from a 5th-round pick to a 4th-round pick.

According to terms of the trade, that 5th-round pick would convert to a 4th-round pick if Reagor met specific performance benchmarks.  Reagor only caught eight passes for 104 yards with one touchdown in 2022.  So unless Reagor re-signs with the Vikings and all of a sudden becomes a functional wide receiver, the Eagles will have received a 5th-round pick and 7th-round pick for a player they drafted 21st overall just two years earlier.

The Eagles got bit bad by drafting Reagor so high, BUT the Vikings ALSO gave up a 5th- and 7th-round pick for a guy who only gained 104 yards all season last year.   :doah: :banghead:

Ya win some...  Ya lose some.   :coffee:
« Last Edit: August 08/30/23, 12:18:20 PM by Steve-o »

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Ooops.  Double post.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I wonder what is wrong with him?  Is he just not very smart?  Seems to be athletic. 

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
I wonder what is wrong with him?  Is he just not very smart?  Seems to be athletic.
Athletic?   :scratch:

I think I could gain 167 yards in 26 punt return attempts (6.4 yards per).   :embarrassed:

Well ok, no...  We all know I'd be in the hospital after the first tackle, but you get my point.   :azn:

Maybe he was like Cordarrelle Patterson and couldn't run routes.  (Are those code words for "couldn't learn the playbook"?   :confused: )  At least Cordarrelle was good at return kicks.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Exactly what I was thinking.  Not too smart.

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Vikings Agree to Terms with Tight End T.J. Hockenson on Contract Extension

The Minnesota Vikings and tight end T.J. Hockenson have agreed on a long-term contract extension.

According to ESPN's Adam Schefter, Hockenson's four-year, $68.5 million contract "resets the tight end market."

Hockenson's 26 receptions in his first four Vikings games set an NFL record for receptions by a tight end in his first four games with a team, and his 60 receptions over the final 10 weeks of 2022 trailed only Travis Kelce's 63 at the position.

« Last Edit: August 08/31/23, 12:03:11 PM by Steve-o »

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
i had a conversation with my pal BOAR.........he wont be doing his usual goofed up football thing with the vikings this year.  :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rolleyes:

SOooo.......i've been thinkin!!!!!!! :sleazy: :sleazy: :smoking: i may do something. it will be the same rules/setup as he had.....just not sure the prizes yet???????

anyone got ideas??????? my thoughts are.......
1) 2 bucks to each weeks winner........a tie 1 buck each, or,
2) maybe some kind of fishing jig..............

they wont be real spendy since its 17 weeks..........and i'm on a limited income  :shocked: and i already looked in the couch!!!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1:

i'm open to all suggestions.........we got about 10 1/2 days to decide.
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
I love the game.  The best part about it is it take three days to figure out who won each week.   :bonk:  :rotflmao:

What if - instead of weekly prizes ('cause you'd spend almost as much in postage as prizes) - you kept track of who won the contest each week.  :woot:

Then, at the end of the season, for each week you win, you get y'er name thrown into a hat.  Pull out the winner and they get a hat or a t-shirt or a lure or somethin' at the end of the year.   :dancinred: It don't need to be much. 

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Both good ideas.  $8-10 each week just for the postage does get spendy.  Fun as heck to have a game going though. 

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
oh i'd definitely wait till year end!!!!!!!.........and i'm thinking not big prizes.......that's why i suggested 2 bucks a week>>>

keep the ideas coming. :happy1:

Online Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
Yea ive been meaning to post this. I cant keep up anymore. This current job, has been a life style change and sausage making, and the game, winners, paxkaging, and shipping, it was just to time consuming and something had to give. Thanks glenn for taking the riegns. Ive thoufgt of the most wins at the end of the year.. good idea. I been trying to figure out a poker style game.  Thanks again glenn
2019 GRAND MASTER BUCK CHAMPION!!
2021 ICE FISHING MASTER CHAMPION
78.50"

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
I been trying to figure out a poker style game.
It would be hard to run on-line, but maybe this will give folks some ideas to riff off of...

• 10 guys.  13 Weeks.  52 cards.
  • Every week each guy gets a different number, 0-9.
  • Every game has 4 quarters.  Add the cumulative scores for both teams every quarter, take the last digit from the total-total for every quarter, and the guy with the matching number gets a card.  Deal out 4 cards per week.
  • Next week, pass out 10 new numbers and deal out 4 new cards.
  • After 13 weeks all the cards are gone.  Some guys might have 3 cards, 5 cards, 12 cards, whatever.
  • Best 5-card poker hand at the end of the 13 weeks wins.
I don't know you'd keep track of who gets what number every week or how to deal randomly and keep track of everyone's cards.  And its a pretty slow burn, and a passive game, but maybe you can build on it.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
I been trying to figure out a poker style game.
It would be hard to run on-line, but maybe this will give folks some ideas to riff off of...

• 10 guys.  13 Weeks.  52 cards.
  • Every week each guy gets a different number, 0-9.
  • Every game has 4 quarters.  Add the cumulative scores for both teams every quarter, take the last digit from the total-total for every quarter, and the guy with the matching number gets a card.  Deal out 4 cards per week.
  • Next week, pass out 10 new numbers and deal out 4 new cards.
  • After 13 weeks all the cards are gone.  Some guys might have 3 cards, 5 cards, 12 cards, whatever.
  • Best 5-card poker hand at the end of the 13 weeks wins.
I don't know you'd keep track of who gets what number every week or how to deal randomly and keep track of everyone's cards.  And its a pretty slow burn, and a passive game, but maybe you can build on it.
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: nice idea but i aint got no time for that!!!!!!!!! :bonk: :rotflmao:

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
yea with that full time job!!!   :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
HUH????    :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
:tut: :rotflmao: yea keeping my wife and dog in line is full time!!!!!!! :pouty: :happy1: :rotflmao:

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
:tut: :rotflmao: yea keeping my wife and dog in line is full time!!!!!!! :pouty: :happy1: :rotflmao:

we all know better than that!!!!   she rules!!!    :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!