Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Spring Bemidji Area Report...  (Read 1546 times)

Offline DarterGuy

• Outdoorsman
    • Northcountry Guides
Well, after a LONG wait, spring seems to finally be in the air in the north country! Grass is starting to green, flowers are blooming, and the fish are active.

I had to try my hand at some pannies after a long wait for the water temps to rise. Yesterday we drove around checking lakes and streams, and decided we'd get up early today and hit a small muck bay that produces early every year. We found the water temps to be on the low end, 47.5 degrees. But the fish were in and active. We tagged roughly 40 crappies in a couple of hours and then headed for home. 4-6' of water, with a nice flurry in 9.5' early as well. Flu-Flu's tipped with a minnow under a float. I kept a limit for a weekend fish feast.

Trout has been open for a couple of weeks now, and the fish in the streams are a great way to pass the afternoons and a fun way to show kids a good time! I've been down to my favorite little stream a few times, and have hooked into several good little eater rainbows.

Suckers are also running, which is another great way to spend the day. Angling, spearing, netting, or bowfishing are all productive in many streams in the area. Be careful, the walleyes are still in a number of streams/rivers in the area.

It's time.... get on up and call for some great fishing!
Northcountry Guide Service
(218) 444-6479
www.northcountryguides.com