Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: 2011 opener  (Read 1452 times)

Offline cookie

• Master Outdoorsman
This year I have noticed a drop off of fishermen as it has carried its way into spring/summer. This opener saw the least amount of boats since walleye reopened.Its was still busy here in waskish but less fishermen. The fishing started off slow for myself my brother wareen and his friend Doug. We came in with enough for a meal.But is was tough gettting keepers. By sunday eve. the fishing turned on as we got 8 fish for them to take home in less then two hours.
Tuesday I had Jim,Sten and Dustin up for a day of fishing and we had a grand time as we had great fishing. Drifting jigs tipped with a minnow saw action all the time. We would of easly caught 100 fish if we had not missed so many. We came in at 1 to have lunch at westwind.Then the guys took a nap in the cabin and we went back out around 5. Again we had great fishing and made sure They went home with there 12 keepers. We had no problems catching nice eaters.
Cookie's on Upper Red Lake
e-mail: cookie16@paulbunyan.net

Offline Outdoors Junkie

• MNO Director
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • AKA "Outdoors Junkie"
Thanks for the report Cookie!   :happy1:
www.mnoutdoorsman.com
Voted #1 Outdoors Website in MN