Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: 2024 gardens  (Read 11257 times)

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Should be ready to plant in a couple days  :happy1:
  :scratch: I sure hope he gets that rototilled today!! :rolleyes:  :doah:       :pouty: :violin:  :violin: :cry: :cry:    :tut: :evil:        ;) ;D ;D
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Bleeding heart is blooming nicely. Wasn't sure it would survive the drought & winter. Took the bunny guards off around the burning bushes & hydrangea. All are taking advantage of the bountiful rain.
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
Gman just left........got'er tilled up!!!!!! :happy1: wasnt near as sloppy as i thought it could be!!!!!! dont think i'll put anything in the ground today..........but tomorrow all bets are off!!!!!!! :happy1:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
I hope you gave him beer Glenn....

I got tired of the wife bitchin cause I used her colindar...I found this one at Menards for $24... well worth the price...
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Yeppers.. 2 cases of da good stuff   :happy1:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
hey HD I see there was a real bad motorcycle accident real close to where you live...   bad deal
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Saw that. 

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
hey HD I see there was a real bad motorcycle accident real close to where you live...   bad deal
Yup, from what I understand....The cycle was traveling at a high rate of speed and struck a vehicle. The bike was on fire, and the driver was air lifted out.
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Good luck to them.  :happy1:

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Yeppers.. 2 cases of da good stuff   :happy1:
:scratch: I sure hope you can get it planted  .......................the sooner the better IMO!!!  :pouty: :rolleyes:  :doah:             ;) :smiley:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
 :mooning: :rotflmao: it's a work in progress   :happy1: gonna hit it hard this afternoon.

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
I managed to do something resembling gardening. After putting the bunny guards away for safe keeping, I planted another astilbe & a lupine the Mrs. bought to fill in the gap in that bed. While I was at it, I discovered another lupine that probably came from seed off of one of the two that bloomed last year.
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Got dill, onions, lettuce,  spinach  and radishes in.

Tomorrow the green beans, kalarabi and carrots hit the dirt. Maybe cukes too.

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Sprayed the garden area with Round Up yesterday to burn down the shepherds purse & dandelions. Also sprayed the downy bromegrass in the new ground. That way when it's dead, I can mow & till the mulch in. Otherwise the crap wraps up in the tiller & I swear a lot. Shepherds purse makes wonderful habitat for armyworms & cutworms too but I digress.

Couldn't believe the number of honeybees yesterday pollinating the apple trees. Usually we see primarily the little native bees of several different species but there was no question about it. Not sure if someone has some hives in the area or as the Boy Entomologist mentioned, they could be hanging out in some old buildings somewhere. Lord knows there are plenty of those around. I see Marla Spivak, the bee lady, from the U is retiring. Heard her speak several times. Always learned something.   

Offline KEN W

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Conservative on some things...Liberal on others."
I have 200 onion plants in, Peas are coming up. Planted Red Romaine and Pak Choi transplants from my green house on my patio. Also have transplanted 2 Bell Peppers and 1 Jalapeno Pepper into pots on the patio.

One of my greenhouses is full of transplants ready to go in the ground. The other has melon and corn starts i it.
Conservative on some things.....Liberal on others.....Sane most of the time.

Only the best Packers get to be Vikings.

Offline roony

• Master Outdoorsman
Had a few minutes to play in the small garden so took a few pics. The hyacinths were being swarmed by small bees that were tentatively identified as leaf cutter bees. They were also collecting pollen from dandelions, those the red admirals weren't using. Poppy chased a lot of those off temporarily.
If you guys down in the southern parts see any of those funny looking fungus things growing down there yet give a shutout. This warm spring could be a hard one to know when their going to start popping!    :happy1:
I'm sure you already know it Leech but lots of folks are finding the morels around here.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
i know ole Gunner wont sleep tonight if i didnt post this!!!!!!!!!!! :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rotflmao:             :sleazy: :toast: :nerd: :super smiley: :laughroll:

except for the maters i need  to get from my brother..........my garden is all planted!!!!!!!!! :happy1:

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :scratch: Probably gonna quit raining 'til July now!!!1 :sleazy: :nerd: :evil:        ;) :rolleyes: :smiley:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
:scratch: Probably gonna quit raining 'til July now!!!1 :sleazy: :nerd: :evil:        ;) :rolleyes: :smiley:

:rotflmao: :rotflmao:
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
At least Barry said it's done snowing... :coffee:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
:pouty: such a pessimist.  :bonk: :rotflmao:

Offline KEN W

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Conservative on some things...Liberal on others."
Looks like it's over till next week. Can't rain on the opener can it???? :confused:
Conservative on some things.....Liberal on others.....Sane most of the time.

Only the best Packers get to be Vikings.

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
According to the forecast it is not supposed rain on opener. Kinda shocking.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
Channel 5 said possibility of frost tonight...

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :scratch: TWC's site says 42 for the low at the lake. :confused:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
43 here!!!!!!

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Scored. :happy1:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
yesterday while putting in my stakes for the garden fence i noticed my radishes popped through the top!!!!! :happy1:

think there already further along then the ones dotch planted in Jan!!!!!!! :coffee: :evil: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
You would be wrong, brassica breath!  :rotflmao:

Both January planted white globe & cherry belle are growing nicely. Not sure there's anything under them but they look OK. The February planting (not shown) is coming too. All cherry belle & the largest ones have some bulbs starting to show.
« Last Edit: May 05/11/24, 09:48:49 AM by Dotch »

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman