Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Wanted mail.  (Read 822 times)

Offline tangle tooth

• Master Outdoorsman
      Does anyone get good mail these days? Mail that actually makes you look forward to going to the mailbox?
      Years ago, there were a few of us that sat down with paper and pen and wrote letters to each other. I don't do that anymore since one of the group died, one just quit and one likes email better. I miss that. To me, there's something special about holding a hand written letter in my hand and reading it.
      I can't get excited about getting credit card offers (tell me I'm pre approved for a $5,000 gift card and they'll have my attention), satellite TV offers, political contribution solicitation letters, and bills.
      Does anyone still write letters by hand, but them in an envelope and drop it in the mailbox?
I wonder. Does Darth Vader have a sister named Ella? Bet she has her ups and downs.

Offline Scenic

• Master Outdoorsman
Mail service is so bad we do not even get junk mail these days!!!!!

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
No hand written letters from me either. Only thing that gets me excited to get the mail is the Outdoor news.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I like to get the local newspaper and the Outdoor News too.  The wife and her sisters send each other letters and cards and I think that is great.  I send one to my Mom and Dad since they don't have a computer but not often enough. 

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mailed a birthday card to my son over a week ago, as of last night still hasn't gotten it....   90 miles away...
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
Yea the mail service sucks. Half the time I font get the city water bill. Post office and city hall are 6-7 blo ke from my house. Then I grt the disconnect notice and late fee.

Got a letter I never renewed the dog license  :confused: took the receipt down and went union thug on them  :happy1: :rotflmao:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
One of the ladies I use to work with is sending me cards and letters once a week or so. The warden is not amused.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
One of the ladies I use to work with is sending me cards and letters once a week or so. The warden is not amused.

:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1:  You are the Man Roons. 

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Roony... da stud muffin.  :rolleyes: :shocked: :rotflmao:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
you rascal you!!!    :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
does she send photos too? :sleazy: :smoking: :rotflmao:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
She ain't exactly one of the fishing babies but she's a nice lady and I always was nice to her as I tried to be to all my co workers. I just think it's a bit odd that she keeps sending me cards and letters. I wish she'd just send messages like all the other ones do.

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
 :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

That sounds interesting roony. I'm good at mailing things. Just ask glenn.  :whistling: At least she's not calling you like one of my ex-girlfriends used to do before the days of caller ID. That went over like a terd in a punchbowl with Mrs. Cheviot.

Ya tt, the ratio of stuff I like getting in the mail vs. that I don't ain't real great. I like getting my monthly Studebaker magazine, the MSRA Line Chaser, old tractor stuff from Steiner, the local paper, the tree order calendar from the SWCD, even the monthly electric bill from Steele-Waseca. The Sparks magazine is included which is mostly advertising & propaganda. I like the want ads tho & you can try to find your account # embedded in it for a few shekels off on your next months bill. Been looking 40 years & still haven't found it. My Mom was great at writing letters up until her last 6 months or so. I find one now and then when we're sifting thru stuff. Written in perfect, very small cursive script, they are treasures to this day. I used to write letters as well but with the electronic methods of communication, about the only time I do is when I include one in a sympathy card.
« Last Edit: January 01/26/24, 01:47:59 PM by Dotch »
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

That sounds interesting roony. I'm good at mailing things. Just ask glenn.  :whistling: At least she's not calling you like one of my ex-girlfriends used to do before the days of caller ID. That went over like a terd in a punchbowl with Mrs. Cheviot.

Ya tt, the ratio of stuff I like getting in the mail vs. that I don't ain't real great. I like getting my monthly Studebaker magazine, the MSRA Line Chaser, old tractor stuff from Steiner, the local paper, the tree order calendar from the SWCD, even the monthly electric bill from Steele-Waseca. The Sparks magazine is included which is mostly advertising & propaganda. I like the want ads tho & you can try to find your account # embedded in it for a few shekels off on your next months bill. My Mom was great at writing letters up until her last 6 months or so. I find one now and then when we're sifting thru stuff. Written in perfect, very small cursive script, they are treasures to this day. I used to write letters as well but with the electronic methods of communication, about the only time I do is when I include one in a sympathy card.
:rotflmao: :pouty: I'll have admit, going to the mailbox is an adventure.  It's kinda like getting and opening an email from  Dotch and Mikey! :bonk: :rolleyes: :rotflmao:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
say what!!!!     :tut: :tut:    :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Must be those spammers using our email addresses again mikey... :scratch:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
Must be those spammers using our email addresses again mikey... :scratch:

I agree!!!    :happy1: :happy1:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
You kind of answered it Roons but is she hot?   :rotflmao: :rotflmao:  I used to love going to the mailbox when I still had the Ice Rig business.  Was fun to get all of the checks. 

Offline tangle tooth

• Master Outdoorsman
      The mail service does leave a lot to be desired. Not getting any cheaper, either.
      My wife and I were discussing how, years ago, she spent so much time working on Christmas cards and the little notes that went in each one. At one time she said she (we?) sent about 30 cards. That's down to about 7 for this year. The number of cards we receive is way down, too. Only a couple of the cards we get had hand written notes in them.
I wonder. Does Darth Vader have a sister named Ella? Bet she has her ups and downs.