Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Our new addition  (Read 14577 times)

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Poppy's coming along well in the potty training dept. with only a couple minor incidents. Those were on us for not reading her cues when we should have. Caught her mid-incident and she finished the job outside. Otherwise she's been great that way. Sleeps from about 10 p.m. to 4 a.m. Doesn't raise a fuss very long once she's back in the carrier. Goes potty right away when we let her out. Likes to bite & chew but we keep her supervised with something safe to chew on. Enjoys her ball but isn't obsessed with it like the Border Collies were. Loves being outside chasing leaves and playing with the corn stalks from the corn shock. After a good workout, Poppy's ready for a nap. After playing with her, so am I a lot of times. She is a little cuddlebug.     
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
So good to hear all is going good Dotch.  Makes me want a puppy.  We have to wait though 2 dogs is perfect.  3 is too much for us. 

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
It has been pretty fun so far. I hear ya about more than 2 dogs. Have known some folks with 3 or more. An absolute zoo. Not trying to get ahead of ourselves here but the plan at this point is to get another Border Collie in 3 years or so. That way they have each other for playmates & there is hopefully continuity for us.
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
I got a big doofy one I can bring you tomorrow!! :sleazy: :rotflmao:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
She already has a big doofy one to play with: me!

It was 2 weeks ago we made the trip to Missouri. We're not sorry at this point. She's a handful from time to time but most of the time, just too cute to stay mad at very long. Will get her outside today and work on her commands some. Mostly want to get her to stay close with the long leash. We take her out on the short leash at night for potty. Probably a good thing. There's been some eau de skunk recently and we don't need that.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
She looks pretty sweet and innocent to me. :sleazy: :rotflmao: :happy1:

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Those looks can be deceiving... :doah: Poppy ate a plastic candy wrapper yesterday morning and pooped it out in the yard last nite. Today the little fart got the carrier door open while I was outside getting the mail. When I got back in the house she was standing there looking at me. Assuming she'd probably done her business somewhere in the house already I hooked her up to the leash to take her outside. She pooped but didn't pee so figured there was likely a pee spot somewhere inside. There was, right on the rug closest to her carrier. Not the end of the world. The rubber backing on that rug has become hard & slippery on the laminate floor. Should be replaced anyway. That's on me for not getting the carrier latched securely. Hey, when I put her in the kennel I had to pee really bad myself after she'd slept on me for a couple hours! Big weekend, lots of people and attention. Tuckered her out. She's been super about potty training otherwise, standing by the door when she needs to go out several times already. Making progress. 
« Last Edit: October 10/24/22, 03:54:23 PM by Dotch »

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Dang she sure is a cutie! Take advantage of those ears she has, especially grilling! She twitches them one bit....RUN! Might want to lose the crocks tho.. :whistling:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Dang she sure is a cutie! Take advantage of those ears she has, especially grilling! She twitches them one bit....RUN! Might want to lose the crocks tho.. :whistling:
:happy1: :rotflmao: I I was gonna say something about them things. He might need to give up his man card after seeing him wearing them!!!🤣🤣 :confused:

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I like my nap twice as much when Cooper is on my lap!

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
:happy1: :rotflmao: I I was gonna say something about them things. He might need to give up his man card after seeing him wearing them!!!🤣🤣 :confused:

Yer lucky I wasn't wearing my camo crocs. I am even more stealthy in those...👍

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
i;ll admit i got me a knock off brand of crocs.........stictly for using in the boat to load and unload off the trailer!!!!!

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
I flop around in crocs in the summer too. Nice and comfy in the boat and when it is hot out.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
With the nice weather been spending as much time as possible outside with Poppy. One of these days that nice weather will likely come to a screeching halt. Some work to do on coming when called. She gets the general idea but doesn't always like to follow through. She'll get it but she's not a Border Collie. They made training look easy. She goes to the vet tomorrow for her 1st appointment & some shot updates. May discuss getting her chipped or at least what it costs.

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I wondered about chipping too. 

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
so she's alot like her master then!!!!!!!!!! doesnt listen well either!!!!!!!!1 :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :sleazy: :nerd: :nerd: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :mooning:

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
 :tut: :tut: :tut: I got some new packing tape. Supposed to seal boxes up so they don't drip so much... :whistling:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Poppy got thru her 1st vet appt. yesterday but was a little lethargic last nite from the shots. Got lepto, lymes, and her 1st rabies shot. She was fine again this a.m., playing and biting like normal. Not unusual when you blast a small puppy with that much stuff. She weighs a whopping 7.8 lbs. so guessing she'll end up around 20 - 25 based on her mother's size. Inquired about the chipping thing too. Know people who lost their dogs and got them back because they were chipped. The cost is ~$65 but they won't do it until the dog is about a year old. In the case of a female dog, her 1st heat cycle or about the time they're spayed. The needle used in the procedure is fairly large I was told and since the animal would be under anesthesia anyway, no big deal. Makes me wonder how all these people with chips in their COVID shots are doing?  :scratch:   

Offline fishwidow

• Master Outdoorsman
Some of them were probably lost and returned to George Soros and Bill Gates.

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Good one Dotch!!  :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I didn't realize Corgis got that heavy. 

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
They're little guys and gals but they're stocky. I can't get over how thick Poppy's legs are. Her tail is thick too, almost like my black Lab's was. Loves to wag it when she gets attention and it's usually straight up when she's trotting around. Kinda glad they left it. 

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Very cool Dotch.

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Poppy is really into this football game...

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
smart pup!!!    :happy1: :happy1:
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
That's ruffing it.  :happy1: