Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Whatchya smokin  (Read 103944 times)

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Do you smoke for a couple of hours then wrap and put in the oven like Ken does?  How long and what temp?

Online Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
I don't know... kinda goona make it up as i go along.  ;)

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
and it looks like ya done a good job!!!   :happy1: :happy1:
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline tangle tooth

• Master Outdoorsman
      I need some expert advice. I plan on smoking some chicken quarters next weekend. Probably gonna use my old electric smoker. Never done them in a smoker before. I have mesquite, hickory, apple and cherry wood chips.
      Any tips or advice?
I wonder. Does Darth Vader have a sister named Ella? Bet she has her ups and downs.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
going to brine them?? 
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Do you smoke for a couple of hours then wrap and put in the oven like Ken does?  How long and what temp?
Thanks 4 reminding me of those posts from you and Ken.   :happy1:  I went back to 2022 to find them. 

Ribs were on the apple electric smoke for 3 hrs at ~220/225 yesterday.  Fridged overnight.  Not having apple juice or butter sptitz, I simply wrapped each half rack in foil with a small ice cube.  Into the oven at 180 for 2 hours while at church.  Next, sauce, brown sugar, carmalize under the broiler - picking each one off as it got bubbly, and into the crock to keep warm for Mom's Day lunch.
« Last Edit: Today at 10:16:09 AM by Steve-o »

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
going to brine them??
:happy1: brine them..good advice.  :rotflmao: dont over smoke/cook them. i've smoked turkey thighs and legs....turned out great. think i posted a brine i use for fish and chicken.....works and tastes awesome!!!!!
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online Leech~~

• Master Outdoorsman
Thanks 4 reminding me of those posts from you and Ken.   :happy1:  I went back to 2022 to find them. 

Ribs were on the apple electric smoke for 3 hrs at ~220/225 yesterday.  Fridged overnight.  Not having apple juice or butter sptitz, I simply wrapped each half rack in foil with a small ice cube.  Into the oven at 180 for 2 hours while at church.  Next, sauce, brown sugar, carmalize under the broiler - picking each one off as it got bubbly, and into the crock to keep warm for Mom's Day lunch.
That would be hard for me to think about the Lord, when I got ribs that might get burnt or dried out, if sister Mary wanted to sing a few extra songs! 😬😇😄
Cooking over a open fire is all fun and games until someone losses a wiener!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman