Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: FISHING REPORT PIERRE AREA LAKES OAHE/SHARPE FOR SEPT. 21 THRU THE 27TH 2017  (Read 1457 times)

Offline Hutch

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
    • Fishing & Hunting South Dakota's Lake Oahe and Lake Sharpe
Not a lot has changed on Sharpe since the last report but parts of Oahe are starting to see walleye starting to look a little more like fall is coming. I along with six other guides spent one day on Oahe and one day on Sharpe fishing one of my best all time favorite repeat business groups Dow Ag being ramrodded by Marty and Emma. Most of these 22 guys were from Ne or Iowa and just as great a bunch of guys and Gal as I have for repeat company groups. Once again this is just a great way for company's to repay hard working employee's and speaks to the quality of a firm you work for. These guys all appreciate these fishing trips and I can assure you so do us guides and the resort owner. We took them all up on Oahe the first day with decent results for walleye with most boats averaging around 10 fish a boat along with some bass and northern as well as quite a few catfish. Not limits of walleye but close, and without seeing hardly any other boats. That is the nice part of fishing the big lake. We caught most of these fish from 17 fow all the way out to 40 fow with some even in the 10 fow depths so walleye are scattered all over keeping the bite harder. Cooler fall temps should start bringing them to consistent depths making for an easier bite. Most boats used nightcrawler/ bouncer rigs but some fish were caught on bouncer/ minnows. Then day two went down to Sharpe for what amounted to full limits of walleye over 15 inch's to a few over 20's. Probably right around a 16 inch average. Caught these fish for the most part the same way with more boat traffic but in 10 fow avg. Nightcrawlers still seem to still get the edge but many baits/presentation work including pulling plugs. Trolling can be difficult in many areas because of floating weeds. Great bite on Sharpe when conditions are right but you can run into tougher bites if the water dirties up from to much wind or if the corps runs either not enough or to much current so there can be days that are much harder. Fall days are here so cross your finger's for those great days. The group above got real lucky with two great days and so did all of us guides. Its not always so nice so plan trips with warm clothes/raingear as part of the packing.

HUTCH'S GUIDE SERVICE

Hutch
Good fishing Hutch