Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Vikes thread!  (Read 535096 times)

Online Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Yeah, he has been bashing the Vikes for a while.  I don't know about the quote claiming to be better than Brady or Montana, but I found this one...

"By the looks of QB depth charts these days, I should have worked harder to be best friends with the starter instead of actually competing and playing well.  Teams value average backup play so the starter isn't threatened. #bitter take of the day lol."

@KyleSloter 11:31 AM - Aug 31. 2023

He probably does have a point when you see veteran quarterbacks like Erin Rodgers and Kapt. Kirk get all pi$$y about teams drafting their quarterback-of-the-future in the 1st round without asking their permission first.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
 :rotflmao: :rotflmao: yea  the Brady, Montana thing might have been a bit of an exaggeration!!!!!!!  :sleazy: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
He did real good in a preseason game so a lot of us had high hopes for him.  Then they traded him or something.  Kind of a surprise from what I remember.  Don't know if Grumpy ever let him play again.

Online Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Like I said, he probably isn't wrong about teams coddling their starting QBs, but on the other hand, the guy was with 11 teams in 7 years.  If HE had something to offer, he might have stuck around for a while.  Just sayin...  :coffee:
  • Denver Broncos
  • Minnesota Vikings
  • Arizona Cardinals
  • Detroit Lions
  • Chicago Bears
  • Las Vegas Raiders
  • Minnesota Vikings (second stint)
  • New Orleans Breakers
  • Jacksonville Jaguars
  • Arlington Renegades
  • Birmingham Stallions

Online dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
Don't count him out yet. I think I saw Minnesota has a new arena league team so maybe he can back-up Ricky Fogge
TIP line: ​ 800-652-9093

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :scratch: The Minnesota Vikings welcomed quarterback J.J. McCarthy to his first day of rookie minicamp with a wake-up call, a lost wager and a handful of wind-sprints.

ESPN’s Kevin Seifert reported on Friday, May 10, that McCarthy and the defensive unit he faced made a bet involving accuracy, pass-game success and extra exercise.“As it turns out, McCarthy had jumped right into a friendly competition with the defensive players he faced on the first day of the Vikings’ rookie minicamp,” Seifert wrote. “The stakes were simple: During a 16-play drill, only three (or fewer) of McCarthy’s passes could hit the ground. If that happened, the defensive players would run. If four or more hit the ground, he would have to run.”
McCarthy delivered the results of the contest himself.

“If you guys saw,” McCarthy told reporters, “I was out there running.”  :cool:
« Last Edit: May 05/11/24, 08:56:40 AM by Gunner55 »
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Man that sounds great!  So he is having some fun and showing some confidence.  I like the guy already.

Online Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Its ok if the new guy looses bets like that now.  He'll be a good leader.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
read where the Vikings resigned Reisner to a 1 year deal.

not sure what to make of all this crap......but this JJ contract stuff seems to be getting sticky. thinking it s more the gossip thing throwing stuff at a wall and see what sticks?????? :crazy: :doofus: :surrender:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :scratch: Probably July before they get it done with Jefferson is what I've read a few times. :confused:
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
There are some good receivers due to make some serious cash. Sounds like they all are waiting for JJ to set the price point...maybe he is waiting for them to sign so he can top them all?
TIP line: ​ 800-652-9093

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
i see where Ex Viking Everson Griffen made the news..... :doofus: arrested for DWI and cocaine possession!!!!!!  :undecided: :surrender:

the guy was 1 heckofa football player..........but think he got hit in the head to many times. all the issues he had toward the end of his playing days!!!!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
What a shame.  I see he said it all started when him Mom died.  ???

Online Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
The Vikings are signing Justin Jefferson to a four-year, $140 million contract extension that includes $110 million guaranteed.
« Last Edit: Today at 08:57:56 AM by Steve-o »

Online Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Now they just have to hope that JJ McCarthy can throw the ball as good as good ol' Kapt. Kirk.

Online KEN W

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Conservative on some things...Liberal on others."
So who was it better to give all that money to????

Jefferson or Cousins??

I would guess fans would say Jefferson. I guess we shall see if  the new QB's can get the ball to him.
Conservative on some things.....Liberal on others.....Sane most of the time.

Only the best Packers get to be Vikings.

Online Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
When you take a look at what other receivers are making around the league...

0. Vikings WR Justin Jefferson: $35 million
1. Eagles WR A.J. Brown: $32 million
2. Lions WR Amon-Ra St. Brown: $30.003 million
3. Dolphins WR Tyreek Hill: $30 million
4. Raiders WR Davante Adams: $28 million
5. Rams WR Cooper Kupp: $26.7 million
6. Eagles WR Devonta Smith: $25 million
7. Seahawks WR D.K. Metcalf: $24 million
8. 49ers WR Deebo Samuel: $23.9 million
9. Colts WR Michael Pittman, Jr.: $23.3 million
10. Commanders WR Terry McLaurin: $23.2 million
??. Texans WR Stefon Diggs: $22.5 million

Yeah, JJ gets to be the highest paid non-QB for a while...  until the next contract comes along.  But it ain't that out-of-line compared to the other top guys.

Interesting...  There are very few teams that have the QB and WR1 both paid in the top 10 at their position - only Eagles and Lions.

1. Cincinnati Bengals QB Joe Burrow: $55 million
2. Lions QB Jared Goff: $53 million
3. Chargers QB Justin Herbert: $52.5 million
4. Ravens QB Lamar Jackson: $52 million
5. Eagles QB Jalen Hurts: $51 million
6. Cardinals QB Kyler Murray: $46.1 million
7. Browns QB Deshaun Watson: $46 million
8. Falcons QB Kirk Cousins: $45 million
9. Chiefs QB Patrick Mahomes: $45 million
10. Bills QB Josh Allen: $43 million