Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: 2023 deer season.  (Read 26917 times)

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I've used that stuff for years in SW MN.  Never heard of it being illegal.  It is not food.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
i'm hearing its all about the CWD thing...... and i'm pleading the 5th if i may or may not still use it!!!!!! :scratch: :evil: :happy1: :rotflmao:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
Louisiana, Michigan, and Montana Drop Their Deer Urine Bans
It's a good bet that more of the urine states–Alabama, Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, Mississippi, New Mexico, Tennessee, Michigan, Minnesota, Montana, Pennsylvania, Vermont, and Virginia—will follow their lead.

a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
What states have banned deer urine?
At least a dozen other states – Alabama, Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, Mississippi, New Mexico, Tennessee, Michigan, Montana, Pennsylvania, Vermont and Virginia – have banned or restricted urine-based lures, Bordelon said. Pennsylvania bars them only in areas where infected deer have been found.

this is what I found..

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Interesting.  So they are worried about CWD deer unknowingly being used to produce the urine smells/baits?  I guess I can see what they are thinking.  So they have to sniff it to get the CWD from it?  Or lick it?

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
don't say it!!!    :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline Pulleye16

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
yeah, if hunting in CWD or near a CWD area, you can't use deer attractants. or so they say....
2023 Boar's Big Deer Contest Winner

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
This year the MN DNR prohibits feeding and attractants (including salt lick and urine) in the following counties:  Polk, Norman, Beltrami, Itasca, Hubbard, Cass, Crow Wing, Washington, Hennepin, Carver, Sibley, Scott, Dakota, Rice, Le Sueur, Goodhue, Wabasha, Olmsted, Dodge, Winona, Mower, Fillmore, and Houston.

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Since we all are concerned about the spread of CWD in MN (since the MN Legislature did NOT do its job and enact effective regulations for deer farmer in a timely fashion), I understand that deer feeding and salt licks are not a good idea.  But it is another example of stupidity, or at least naivety on the part of the MN DNR, to think that prohibiting the use of deer urine will do anything to slow the spread of CWD.

Hell-ohhhhh...  :bonk:  The whole deer herd pees over everything and deer are attracted from all around to sniff what their buddy's wizz smells like.  Just my two cents.  (Get it?  Scents.  Cents.   :rotflmao:)

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
 :rotflmao: :happy1: doesnt say i can pee to attract'em!!!!!! :rolleyes: :sleazy: :happy1: :rotflmao:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
This year the MN DNR prohibits feeding and attractants (including salt lick and urine) in the following counties:  Polk, Norman, Beltrami, Itasca, Hubbard, Cass, Crow Wing, Washington, Hennepin, Carver, Sibley, Scott, Dakota, Rice, Le Sueur, Goodhue, Wabasha, Olmsted, Dodge, Winona, Mower, Fillmore, and Houston.

I thought LOW County was too but maybe not this year. 

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
:rotflmao: :happy1: doesnt say i can pee to attract'em!!!!!! :rolleyes: :sleazy: :happy1: :rotflmao:

If ya got to go, ya got to go. 

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman

They are not listed on page 86 of the 2023 hunting regs.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Good.  I have a salt lick in the woods but didn't renew it due to this so thanks for the info.  Now I will get my cams out again.  I want to put some apples out there now too. 

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman

We were removed form the list this year. Our salt have still been getting hammered and I have not refreshed them in 3 year. It is in the soil so far that they just keep digging.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
My ground is soaking wet all of the time from the salt/mineral blocks.  We get lots of pics of fox peeing on the salt block and the next pic a deer is licking the block so must not matter much. 

Offline Pulleye16

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Forgot I had a trail cam out. Checked my stands today and saw it hanging. Got this cool pic from last April.

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: October 10/16/23, 08:17:24 AM by Pulleye16 »
2023 Boar's Big Deer Contest Winner

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
 :rotflmao: :rotflmao: boars wife sent me this picture from a trail cam he has by his hotel Hilton.  :smoking: :laughroll:  :nerd: :laughroll:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
 :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:  That is a good one Glenn.   :happy1:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
in another thread i mentioned i stopped at Wheezy outdoors. talking to Justin he asked if i seen much for deer. other then a couple scrapes  and seen 4 deer in 6 days.

he said he has 20 cameras out, some over licks and abilities to see pictures on his phone he hasnt seen many either. could be a bleak yearup in the north woods.  :doah:

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Not good, Glenn.  Our guy had cameras out and got pics of two different spikes.  Slim pickins with no antlerless tags.

Offline KEN W

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Conservative on some things...Liberal on others."
Minnesota youth season opens today. I have 2 grandsons out this morning. Youngest is his first time. Good luck to all the youngsters out there.

I also have 2 grand daughters hunting in the ND youth season. Youngest shot her first deer couple weeks ago.
« Last Edit: October 10/19/23, 08:03:15 AM by KEN W »
Conservative on some things.....Liberal on others.....Sane most of the time.

Only the best Packers get to be Vikings.

Offline KEN W

• Master Outdoorsman
Grandson shot his deer last night. Cutting it up this morning. 1 grandson to go yet.

I resized it on my phone......thanks Dotch.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
congrats to him!!!   :happy1: :happy1:

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Congrats to your grandson Ken!!
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline KEN W

• Master Outdoorsman
Yup all smiles. His first deer at age 10. Tenderloins for supper. :happy1: :happy1:

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
Season has begun here.....

Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
On my way to the cabin last time I noticed a support wolf management signs it Wheezy Outdoors driveway, so I headed to grand rapids and over to the MDHA main office. Got to see Alice and picked me up 2 signs. Ones in my yard one is on the corner of 4 and 29 near the cabin.

The MDHA chapters need to push these signs. There $12.00.