Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Taxidermist recommendation needed.  (Read 5082 times)

Offline Buckslayer Bob

• Outdoorsman
  • Dad, Deer Camp 2007
Not sure if this type of post is allowed, but can anybody vouch for Olinske Taxidermy in North Branch? My brother has a head he needs to bring into somebody and am wondering if the place is trustworthy and does decent work. They have a "special" going on right now that sounds good, but raises flags in the back of my mind and I do realize you get what you pay for. After hearing horror stories of a certain shady taxidermist recently, I'm nervous about recommending a taxidermist without some solid input from someone in the know. Thanks!

Offline Mayfly

• Master Outdoorsman
    • MNO
Not sure if this type of post is allowed, but can anybody vouch for Olinske Taxidermy in North Branch? My brother has a head he needs to bring into somebody and am wondering if the place is trustworthy and does decent work. They have a "special" going on right now that sounds good, but raises flags in the back of my mind and I do realize you get what you pay for. After hearing horror stories of a certain shady taxidermist recently, I'm nervous about recommending a taxidermist without some solid input from someone in the know. Thanks!

If you are in that area I know of a guy out of Forest Lake, his name is Barry Peterson. Heard he does great work!

http://www.petersontaxidermy.com/

As far as Olinske... Never heard of it but maybe someone else has.

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
He might want to check out Realistic Taxidermy in St. Francis.  I have one in there for a European mount.  His web site is "realistictaxidermy"
***I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.***

Offline BiggA

• Master Outdoorsman
Never had work done there but the name has been around a while. Everybody will have an opinion on who is best but in my opinion the average person will not see much difference from one to the next.

Offline beeker

• Master Outdoorsman
two rivers taxidermy in hinkley does a good job
If science fiction has taught me anything, it's that you can never have enough guns and ammo when the zombies come back to life... "WS"

Offline HEDHUNTER

• Outdoorsman
ringstrom taxidermy in merrifield lost my 8 pointer. DO NOT GO THERE.
GULL LAKE ICE HOUSE RENTAL
S & W GUIDE SERVICE
218-820-7757
Strikemaster Augers - Otter Outdoors - Drake Waterfowl

Offline Mayfly

• Master Outdoorsman
    • MNO

WHAT!!! They lost your deer!!??     :fudd:

Offline HEDHUNTER

• Outdoorsman
yep, no excuse. nothing. of course i had no reciept.
GULL LAKE ICE HOUSE RENTAL
S & W GUIDE SERVICE
218-820-7757
Strikemaster Augers - Otter Outdoors - Drake Waterfowl

Offline Auggie

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Start'em young
    • www.wallhangerstaxidermystudio.com
Never had work done there but the name has been around a while. Everybody will have an opinion on who is best but in my opinion the average person will not see much difference from one to the next.
SO VERY VERY WRONG!!!!!! Even the most uneducated person out there on the art of taxidermy should be able to tell the difference between good quality and poor quality!!! I will post some examples when I get a chance.
Shane Augeson
Wallhangers Taxidermy Studio
9040 40th St NW
Milan MN 56262
www.wallhangerstaxidermystudio.com
320-269-3337

Offline Stensethfan

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
I can vouch for Auggie being very professional and doing good work.  He has done a mount for me and I was very happy with his work and turn around time.
Don't shoot anything you do not plan on eating ~ D. S.
If the women don't find you handsome at least they will find you handy!  Red Green

Offline 22lex

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Photo-op

WHAT!!! They lost your deer!!??     :fudd:

I highly doubt they lost it, sold more like.

I can see losing a cape, but a rack....hmmmmm :scratch:
Marry an outdoors woman. Then if you throw her out into the yard on a cold night, she can still survive.
-WC Fields