Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Leeches  (Read 774 times)

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
anyone been buying leeches????? thread on IDO has a conversation going. one guy paid 10 bucks for a tub of jumbo's. guess there really spendy this year and getting hard to find.   my kid works at the liquor store gas station on weekendsand said they were 7.99 for big leeches and went down i price for the smaller ones.

and i guess canada is way worse.........even with crawlers. i've been a huge leech guy for panfish for years, usually get the panny leeches.....but since i heard there spendy and hard to get been using wax worms and gulp and have done just fine so far!!!!
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Pulleye16

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
I know a few weeks ago Prince bait had true jumbos and though I don’t remember the exact cost, I didn’t think they were that expensive. 

I swear by gulp worms but have never tried the leeches.
2023 Boar's Big Deer Contest Winner

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
I usually buy a 1/4# of large but haven't found 'em in that quantity, yet. They're $6/dozen now & that's about what they normally are. A 1/4# will usually get the price down to < $5/doz. No Jumbos where I've gotten mine but heard they're $8/doz in DR & I think that's higher than normal.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
I havnt bought leeches in yrs, the primary reason is all the dam sheepshead in the lake. I should try the small ones tho fer the suspended fish I read trolling around the lake. Usually the shallower active sunnies pound a small beetle spin.

Offline tangle tooth

• Master Outdoorsman
      You got me to thinking about throwing out my leech trap to save a few bucks. But then I started wondering what I would pay for a bloody beef liver or something similar. It would be more convenient to just go to the bait shop.
I wonder. Does Darth Vader have a sister named Ella? Bet she has her ups and downs.